Visitors to this hotel were also interested in...
- Hotel Grand Hotel Amrâth Amsterdam5from $206
- Hotel Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam5from $396
- Hotel NH Amsterdam Grand Hotel Krasnapolsky5from $205
- Hotel Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht5from $404
- Hotel Radisson Blu Hotel4from $134
- Hotel The Dylan Amsterdam5from $365
More Top Hotels Amsterdam
Anne Frank Museum
This house at 263 Prinsengracht has been a museum since 1960. A "Secret Annex" in the house served as the hiding place of the young diarist Anne Frank and her family during World War II. The Franks were secular Jews trying to escape Nazi policies that ultimately culminated in the Holocaust. The museum commemorates not only the history of Anne and her companions, it honours all victims of Nazism and of those who resisted Nazism. In addition to housing a collection of artefacts immediately connected to the inhabitants of the Secret Annex, the museum supports educational programs on such topics as anti-Semitism, discrimination, and human rights. The museum is located in central Amsterdam, about a 20-minute walk from Central Station. Visitors should plan approximately 1 hour for a self-guided tour. The official museum Web site provides current information on admission fees and public hours.