- Comprehensive hotel search for Destin online
- Find a cheap hotel in Destin!
- Book the best price!
Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa
-25% Venere.com $164
Residence Inn Sandestin at Grand Boulevard
Destin Florida, The World's Luckiest Fishing Village
Home of white beaches and emerald waters, Destin Florida attracts tourists from all over the world. This quaint little city was originally a fishing village hence it's nickname. The appeal of beautiful sun drenched beaches and lively water activities means fun for the entire family!
With a yearly average of 75 degrees Fahrenheit, this city remains fairly warm all year round. Opening up a host of possibilities from water parks, fishing to kayaking year round. There are plenty of things to see and do when in Destin.
Shopping at the Destin Commons means not just souvenirs but also many high-end and couture fashion items. With shops galore, it's hard not to find something unique to bring home. Silver Sands Premium Outlet is another great shopper's paradise. One can easily spend an entire day shopping between these two venues.
Feeling adventurous? Visit Gator Beach to satisfy your curiosity or learn about these predatory mammals. Kids will be entertained for hours watching these critters, or try feeding and handling them with professional supervision.
Family fun comes in all types, Amusement USA is a fun filled theme park equipped with all sorts of obstacles like trampolines, surfing and a whole lot more. As you know by now, Destin's greatest attraction is its waters. Big Kahuna's Water & Adventure Park is another theme park based on various water sports and activities. With over 40water rides and three mini putt-putt obstacles, there is no way anyone can be bored. Still not enough excitement? Try a race in their very own go-kart tracks. Destin's many attractions are geared towards family activities. Play a round of Goofy Golf located conveniently near Ft.Walton as another venue that's great to keep kids excited and entertained for hours. For convenience, consider staying in or near Fort Walton
. Give yourself some time to get acquainted with the vast marine life that exists all around Destin. The Emerald Coast Science Center offers up educational fun as you learn about various species local and foreign to the Destin region. For more educational pursuits, visit the Destin History & Fishing Museum. Surround yourself with its rich history and incredible catch records. Take advantage of the great weather and spectacular views by riding on a Beach Helicopter Tour. You'll be amazed at the gorgeous view of Destin no matter what time of day you fly. On the opposite side of the spectrum, Boogie Water Sports offers rides out to the ocean with their famous glass bottom boats where you can watch and be amused for hours observing the sea life right beneath your feet.
Enjoy a nice romantic evening watching the sunset from Jetty East Beach, Destin's incredible sunsets are unique on its own as no two sunsets are same. Consider staying at the Sandpiper Cove a beautiful setting for couples and families alike.
Along the Scenic Hwy 98 route, there are a number of reasonably priced hotels and motels. One great location is the Pelican Beach Resort, where you'll be close to food options such as “Joe's Crab Shack" or “Pampano Joes". Be sure to stop by “Captain Dave's on the Gulf" for even more fantastic seafood cruisines.
Parasailing and paragliding are activities widely available all throughout the city's beaches. You'll find, as far as beach towns are concerned, all the necessary equipment available for rental. Be sure to research these options early as they might be limited in various seasons. Speed along the waters on the Sea Blaster-Destin's Original a custom built 73" power boat.
For the golf enthusiast, be sure to stop by the Regatta Bay Golf and Country Club and Indian Bayou Golf Club. These are excellent golf courses that provide a unique Destin feel. Amateurs and novices alike will also be amazed by these two top notch courses. To stay even closer to the golfing action, stay at the upscale Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort and Spa.
Getting to Destin locally is fairly easy, for example you can arrive via the Destin Airport or take a scenic drive on the Interstate 30, as Destin has a variety of transportation options. Dolphin cruises are available for those interested in viewing these majestic sea creatures. With a plethora of places to stay, try the Destin Inn & Suites which is close to the city and even closer to the shopping.
Stay close to charter fishing activities, and stay at the Emerald Grande at Harborwalk Village. For a more grounded solution, try the Okaloosa Fishing Pier. Destin offers a variety of accommodation options, from motels, hotels to high end resorts.
Tips for Travelers
When in Destin, be sure to have a meal at the “Boathouse Oyster Bar & Grill" and experience some of the best tasting seafood that's freshly cultivated and locally caught.
Always research and check the weather before embarking on a trip, while Destin is mostly sunny year round there are chances of deviations. Destin is an ideal summer escape, however be weary that often times this means more crowds. You'll find many of the activities are widely available all throughout the beaches, but depending on the season, one may wish to focus your efforts on other activities.
Price rangefrom $48to $880
- Hotel Pelican Beach Resortfrom $114
- Hotel SunDestin Beach Resort by Wyndham Vacation Rentalsfrom $112
- Hotel The Palms of Destin Resort & Conference Centefrom $138
- Hotel Wingate by Wyndham Destinfrom $59
- Hotel Hampton Inn & Suites Destin Sandestin Areafrom $94
- Hotel Sandestin Golf and Beach Resortfrom $74
More Top Hotels
- Residence Inn Sandestin at Grand Boulevard
- Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa
- Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard
- The Islander By Holiday Isle Properties
- Wyndham Topsl Beach Resort-Beach Manor
- Embassy Suites Destin - Miramar Beach
- Holiday Inn Express Destin - Mid Bay Bridge
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Destin
- Destin Harbor
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Destin
- Destin Inn & Suites
- Grand Caribbean Condominiums by Wyndham Vacation Rentals
- Candlewood Suites Sandestin Area
- Tops'l Beach & Racquet Resort by Wyndham Vacation Rentals
- The Terrace At Pelican Beach Resort
- Sandpiper Cove
- Silver Shells Beach Resort & Spa
- Hampton Inn Destin
- Luau At Sandestin
- Gulfview Condominiums by Wyndham Vacation Rentals
- Village Inn Destin
- Leciel At Sandestin
- Surfside Resort 00805
- Motel 6 Destin
- Ariel Dunes Condominiums by Wyndham Vacation Rentals
- Days Inn Destin
- Sterling Sands
- Sleep Inn Destin
- Extended StayAmerica Destin - US 98 - Emerald Coast Parkway
- Quality Inn & Suites
- Crystal Sands East & West by Wyndham Vacation Rentals
- Crystal Villas by Wyndham Vacation Rentals
- Club Destin
- Windancer Condominiums by Wyndham Vacation Rentals
- Hidden Dunes Beach & Tennis Resort
- Sterling Shores
- Gulf Winds East
- Leeward Key Condominiums by Wyndham Vacation Rentals
- Sterling Resorts - Huntington By the Sea
- Seascape Golf Beach & Tennis Resort
- Jade East Towers by Wyndham Vacation Rentals
- Hotels Fort Walton Beach 131 Hotels from $39
- Hotels Panama City Beach 413 Hotels from $42
- Hotels Pensacola 198 Hotels from $38
- Hotels Orlando 905 Hotels from $25
- Hotels Pensacola Beach 29 Hotels from $64
- Hotels Panama City 101 Hotels from $28
More Top Destinations
- Miami Beach
- Daytona Beach
- Key West
- St. Augustine
- Fort Lauderdale
- New Orleans
- Lake Buena Vista
- Clearwater Beach
- Santa Rosa Beach
- Gulf Breeze
- Mary Esther
- Myrtle Beach
- St. Pete Beach
- Gulf Shores
- Cocoa Beach
- New York
- Las Vegas
- Fort Myers
- Fort Myers Beach
- Orange Beach
- Sanibel Island
- St. Petersburg
- Key Largo
- Treasure Island
- Pigeon Forge
- West Palm Beach