Hotels Dublin Castle, Dublin Dublin Castle
- Find the ideal hotel in the area
- Compare prices from more than 160 booking sites
- Book where it's cheapest!
The Arlington Temple Bar3No availability based on 10 websites.
Kinlay House Dublin0No availability based on 10 websites.
Paramount Dublin3No availability based on 10 websites.
George Frederic Handel3No availability based on 15 websites.
Harding3No availability based on 9 websites.
Jurys Inn Dublin Christchurch3No availability based on 14 websites.
In 1204 King John of England ordered the construction of Dublin Castle. Over time it became the most important fortification in Ireland and over the next eight centuries functioned as the seat of colonial rule, the centre of military and political power, and as a glittering social stage for Ireland’s ruling class. In 1922 the official handover of power after 700 years of British colonial rule took place at Dublin Castle when the last British Viceroy handed over the building to Michael Collins and so the Irish Free State was born. Today Dublin Castle is used for important State receptions and the inauguration of Ireland’s President every 7 years. Also worth visiting are the ‘Dubh Linn’ gardens from where Dublin takes its name, the historic nineteenth century Chapel Royal and the Medieval excavation of part of the original Norman Castle and the Viking wall of Dublin. Admission is by guided tour with a self guiding option also available. General Information is available in 14 languages Open 7 days a week except Dec 25, 26, 27, Jan 1st and Good Friday. Admission Price: Adults €4.50, Students/Seniors €3.50 and Children €2
AddressDublin Castle, , Dublin Ireland | 0.5 miles miles from city center | Show on map
Telephone: +353(1)6777129 | Fax:+353(1)6797831 | Official Homepage
- Castleknock Hotel & Country Club4from $73
- Mespil3from $91
- The Westin Dublin5from $194
- DoubleTree by Hilton Dublin - Burlington Road4from $99
- Best Western Plus Academy Plaza3from $79
- The Westbury5from $252
More Top Hotels Dublin
- Radisson Blu St Helen's
- Radisson Blu Royal Dublin
- O Callaghan Davenport
- Clontarf Castle
- Carlton Dublin Airport
- Jurys Inn Dublin Custom House
- Jurys Inn Dublin Parnell Street
- Maldron Hotel & Leisure Club Cardiff Lane
- Maldron Hotel Parnell Square
- The Shelbourne
- The Spencer
- The Merrion
- The Croke Park Hotel
- Trinity City Hotel
- Four Seasons Dublin
- Camden Court
- The Morrison a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Dublin
- Conrad Dublin
- Stillorgan Park
- Crowne Plaza Dublin - Northwood
- The Gresham
- Hilton Dublin Kilmainham
- The Gibson
- Hilton Dublin Airport
- Stephens Green
- George Frederic Handel
- Herbert Park
- Crowne Plaza Dublin-Blanchardstown
- Maldron Hotel Smithfield
- The Morgan
- Drury Court
- Grand Canal
- Radisson Blu Dublin Airport
- Best Western Dublin Skylon
- Stauntons on the Green