Lochend Serviced Apartments
Less than two km from the city centre, Lochend Serviced Apartments provide comfortable residential accommodation for visitors to Edinburgh.
There are 42 air-conditioned units in several categories, all featuring equipped kitchens and tea/coffeemakers. There are separate seating areas, dining areas and fireplaces. The bathrooms contain hair dryers.. There are also washing/ironing facilities, TV, DVD and free Wi-Fi, as well as a capacity for extra beds.
A smoke-free, pet and family-friendly property, it offers free Wi-Fi and surcharged parking and allows two pets maximum per unit. The reception keeps office hours and offers luggage storage and tour/ticketing facilities.
Breakfast is extra. Self-catering or local eating options may be utilized for all other meals.
Local attractions near Lochend Serviced Apartments include Meadowbank Stadium, Easter Road Stadium and the Palace of Holyroodhouse, within two km. Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre and Arthur’s Seat are within three km from the complex.
NameLochend Serviced Apartments
Address147/1 Lochend Road , EH7 6JX, Edinburgh United Kingdom | 1.6 miles from city center | Show on map
Telephone: +44(131)5614000 | Fax:+44(131)5614001 | Official Homepage
- EC/ Maestro/ Debit card
Top 9 Features
- Bathroom with bathtub,
- Bathroom with shower,
- Windows that open,
- Central heating,
- Electric kettle,
- Satellite TV,
- Small lounge,
- Room safe,
- DVD player/ Video recorder,
- Stereo system/ CD player,
- Cable TV,
- WiFi in the rooms,
- Kitchen / Kitchenette,
- Entrance hall/ lobby,
- Parking lot,
- Hotel bar,
- Hotel safe,
- Non-smoking rooms,
- 24-hour reception,
- Laundry service,
- WiFi in lobby,
- Room service,
- Washing machine,
Visitors to this hotel were also interested in...
The Scott Monument in Edinburgh was built to commemorate Sir Walter Scott who died on 21st September 1832. George Miekle Kemp won a competition to design it and construction started in 1838. It stands 200 ft. 6in high (61 meters) and 55ft.(16 meters) square at the base. To reach the highest gallery you have to climb 287 steps. It is made of Binnie stone , throughout the structure there are niches, 64 in all which hold statuettes each depicting a character from the works of Scott. The statue itself was designed and built by John Steell and is made of Carrara marble, it is more than double life-size. The last stone was laid in 1844 and it was officially inaugurated on 15th August 1846. It is located on Princes street and is open Monday to Friday 9am till 6pm and 10am to 6pm on Sundays during the summer. In winter it closes at 3pm. Admission costs £3 (4 Euros).
The Royal Mile in Edinburgh is the collective name of the streets that form the main thoroughfare through the city's historic Old Town. As its name suggests The Royal Mile is approximately one mile long (1.6km) and stretches from Holyrood Abbey at the bottom to Edinburgh Castle at the top. Many of the locals refer to the Royal Mile as "High Street" but officially this name only refers to one stretch. The five streets that make up the Royal Mile are Abbey Stand, Canongate, High Street, Lawn Market and Castle Hill. Leading off these main streets there are numerous narrow alleyways. In addition to Edinburgh Castle, which is the most visited tourist attraction in Scotland and the Abbey, the Royal Mile also passes a number of other tourist attractions including Mary King's Close, St Giles Cathedral, the Tolbooth Kirk, Parliament House and several museums. The Royal Mile is fully accessible to visits and there are no admission charges to enter the general area but individual admission fees apply for many of the specific attractions.
The Real Mary King´s Close
The Real Mary King's Close is a series of streets in Edinburgh's Old Town dating back to medieval times. For centuries this area was under cover but following archaeological excavations the area was exposed and in April 2003 these streets were opened up as a tourist attraction. These medieval streets quickly became associated with stories of ghosts and it was claimed that there were many bodies of plague victims that had been walled up and abandoned. There is however no evidence to support these claims but many visitors claim to have experience paranormal activities. The buildings were originally seven storeys high and covered both sides of the street, some of these have been replicated to resemble how the street would have originally looked. Guided tours take place approximately every 20 minutes, daily throughout the year (except Christmas Day). The first tour of the day starts at 10am (9am during August) but closing times vary throughout the year, details can be found on the website. Tours last approximately one hour. Admission prices are: Adult - £10.50 (12 Euros) Children - £6.00 (7 Euros) Concessions - £9.50 (11 Euros)
Howies Waterloo Place
Howies Waterloo Place is part of a Scottish restaurant group with others located in Aberdeen and St Andrews. The restaurant is in a renovated 1Georgian building. 200 guests can dine in the main restaurant with another room for private functions for up to 26 people. Lunch time specials and a 45 minute lunch is available as well as the usual menu. Major credit cards accepted. Snacks and drinks are available from 11am. Open every day 12pm - 2:30pm and 5:30pm - 10pm
This club is located under Edinburgh's city streets in the caverns of the Cowgate district. Cabaret Voltaire is open every day of the week and has two different rooms. Each of these rooms play live music from the local artists as well as performers from all over the country. DJ's also entertain clubbers with dance music.