Visitors to this hotel were also interested in...
- Hotel Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Fishkill - Poughkeepsie Areafrom $106
- Hotel Holiday Inn Express Fishkill2from $138
- Hotel Courtyard Fishkill3from $146
- Hotel Hilton Garden Inn Poughkeepsie-Fishkill3from $138
- Hotel Homestead Studio Suites Fishkill - Poughkeepsiefrom $99
- Hotel Ramada Fishkill3from $94
More Top Hotels Fishkill
Bronx Zoo is situated in New York City's borough of the Bronx within the Bronx Park. With 265 acres of land, the Bronx zoo is the largest metropolitan zoo in the United States. Set just south of the New York Botanical Garden, the Bronx zoo and the botanical gardens used to be part of Fordham University. It first opened its doors on November 8, 1899 with permanent buildings designed by Heins and LaFarge, including a series of Beaux-Arts pavilions around the circular sea lion pool. In 2006 over 4,000 animals were counted and the zoo receives over 2 million visitors a year. The zoo is now said to be a New York City landmark. The zoo is open form April to November from 10am to 5pm daily and until 5.30pm on weekends and bank holidays. General admission rates are of 15 dollars for an adult and 11 dollars for kids between 3-12. The zoo shuttle costs 3 dollars and the rides within the zoo vary from 2-5 dollars. All day parking costs 12 dollars for a car. There are several snacks and dining options within the zoo.