Relais Cavalcanti0No availability based on 6 websites.
AddressVia Pellicceria 2, 50123, Florence Italy | 0.3 miles miles from city center | Show on map
Telephone: +390(55)210962 | Fax:+390(55)2675211 | Official Homepage
Top 9 Features
- Bathroom with bathtub,
- Bathroom with shower,
- Windows that open,
- Central heating,
- Air conditioning,
- Satellite TV,
- Entrance hall/ lobby,
- Childcare/ Babysitting,
- Non-smoking rooms,
- Car rental at the hotel
Visitors to this hotel were also interested in...
- Hotel Berchielli4from $165
- Hotel NH Collection Firenze Porta Rossa4from $176
- Hotel Relais Piazza Signoriafrom $237
- Hotel Pierre4from $146
- Hotel Gallery Art4from $221
- Hotel Golden Tower Hotel & Spa5from $263
More Top Hotels Florence
Piazza della Signoria
The Piazza della Signoria was the centre of Florentine life from medieval times ("Signoria" was the civic council) and public events and entertainment were held here. It is surrounded by important buildings dating back to the 14th century: the Palazzo della Signoria (also called Palazzo Vecchio) and its Loggia, the Uffizi Gallery, the Palazzo del Tribunale di Mercanzia and the 16th century Palazzo degli Uguccioni. The exception is the 19th century Palazzo delle Assicurazioni Generali but that is constructed in Renaissance style. The square is distinguished by the works of art on display, some in the open and some in the Loggia, a practice which began in the 16th century. Michelangelo's David and Donatello's Judith and Holofernes are copies but the others by Giambologna, Cellini, Ammannati and Bandinelli are originals. Ammannati's Fountain of Neptune was created for the occasion of Francesco Medici's wedding in 1565 and symbolises Florence's dominion over the sea. It was not appreciated at the time and has been much damaged and vandalised over the centuries, most recently in 2005. Today the square remains a focal point of the city and is pedestrianised.
The Ponte Vecchio (translated as “Old Bridge”) over the Arno River dates from Roman times and was rebuilt in 1345 with further restructuring in 1564. It contains a number of shops and arches, with a corridor above the shops. There is also a statue of Cellini on the bridge.