From Sunday, 04/27/14 to Monday, 04/28/14
Resort Dedeman Olive Tree
Catalkoy Girne (Kyrenia) 195 Cyprus
Only show hotels with the following criteria:
Description Resort Dedeman Olive Tree
- Resort Dedeman Olive Tree
- 195Girne (Kyrenia)
- Telephone: +90(392)8244200
- Official Homepage
- Water Enthusiasts
Room features Resort Dedeman Olive Tree
- Bathroom with shower
- Windows that open
- Central heating
- Tea/ coffeemaker
- Air conditioning
- Satellite TV
- Small lounge
Hotel features Resort Dedeman Olive Tree
- Arcade/ Video games
- Entrance hall/ lobby
- Parking lot
- Garden or park
- Porter service
- Hotel bar
- Pool bar
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Indoor swimming pool
- Hotel safe
- Childcare/ Babysitting
- Conference rooms
- 24-hour reception
- Quiet rooms available
- Shops on site
- Snack bar
- Beach umbrellas
- Deck chairs/ Sun loungers
- Towels at the pool/ beach
- Laundry service
- Balcony/ Terrace
- Doctor on-site
- Kids' playground
- Kids' club
- Running/ Rollerblading track
- Tennis Court
- Hiking trail
Type of lodging
Visitors to this hotel were also interested in...
81 out of 100 based on 30 reviews
Sinan Paşa Camii - Church of St Peter and Paul
The Sinan Pasha Mosque is located in the centre of the Old Town of Famagusta, directly next to the Venetian Palace.
It was built around 1360 and the original name was Church of St Peter and Paul before it was converted into a mosque after the Ottoman conquest of the city in 1571, when a minaret was added.
It was built with funds donated by a successful merchant named Simon Nostrano and is one of the largest Gothic cathedrals in the city.
During the British rule the mosque was used for grain storage which also earned it the name "wheat mosque", later on it was used to store petrol, as town hall and an entertainment venue.
It is now being restored and will be open for public access after the renovations.
Latin St George Kilisesi
The remains of the St George of the Latins Church can be found within the Old Town of Famagusta, at the Northern end, just a stone's throw away from the Othello Tower.
There is evidence in the structure of the building that the church was completed before the Lusignans constructed the first city wall around the city, which makes it one of the oldest still existing churches in Famagusta. It's design reminds of the Sainte Chapelle in Paris and historians date its origins back to the end of the 13th century.
What is known exactly is that the stones used to construct the church originate from the ruins of Salamis.
Today the church is heavily ruined and what remains are more or less only its eastern and northern wall. They still bear their elaborate carvings, gargoyles and there are parts of a staircase left which led to the top of the church in medieval times.
The site is open at all times and there is no admission fee.
Hala Sultan Tekke
The Hala Sultan Tekke is located in the southern outskirts of Larnaca, on the western side of the Salt Lake.
The mosque was named after Umm Haram, the wet nurse of the prophet Muhammad and wife of Ubada bin al-Samit, one of the highest ranking officers in the army of Caliph Muawiyah. It is believed that Umm Haram came to Cyprus during the first Arab raids (from 647 to 649) and broke her neck when she fell from her mule. She was buried near the Salt Lake and her tomb became a shrine for both, Muslims and Christians.
The mosque that can be seen on the site today was built around 1787 and totally completed in 1816. It incorporates several outhouses, including a selamlik and a haremlik, guest houses for men and women and a cistern. The tomb of Umm Haram can be found behind the kibble wall, several other tombs are also located here. The whole complex is surrounded by a large garden. Hala Sultan Tekke is regarded as one of the most important holy places of Islam.
Admission is free. Opening hours:
Winter (1.11. - 31.03), daily 08.00 - 17.00
Spring (1.04. - 31.03.) daily 08.00 - 18.00
Summer (1.06. - 31.08), daily 08.00 - 19.30
Autumn (1.09. - 31.10), daily 08.00 - 18.00
Lala Mustafa Paşa Camii
Lala Mustafa Paşa Camii was built in between 1298 and 1326 and is the largest medieval building in Famagusta. The mosque was first consecrated as a Christian church under the name St Nicholas Cathedral in 1328 and later, under the rule of the Ottomans, turned into a mosque.
During the reign of the Lusignans on the Island their Kings were first inaugurated as King of Cyprus in Nicossia, in the St. Sophia Cathedral, and later in the St Nicholas Cathedral in Famagusta also became King of Jerusalem.
The mosque resembles the Cathedral of Reims after which it has been designed. It features 3 doors and twin spires, the later have been damaged by earthquakes and bombardments by the Ottomans and have never been repaired.One of the spires is now topped by the minaret of the mosque.
Please note that visitors to the mosque are required to remove their shoes and need to cover their legs (no shorts please). Female visitors also need to cover their hair, headscarves are available at the entrance.
There is a small admission fee of under £1, parking facilities are available behind the mosque or on the surrounding streets.