Courtyard by Marriott Kansas City South
Courtyard by Marriott Kansas City South3No availability based on 11 websites.
Visitors to this hotel were also interested in...
- Hotel Holiday Inn Express Kansas City Sport Complex Area2from $107
- Hotel Marriott Kansas City Country Club Plaza3from $216
- Hotel Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown Kansas City3from $98
- Hotel Best Western Plus Seville Plaza3from $103
- Hotel Extended Stay America - Kansas City South2from $63
- Hotel Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center4from $193
More Top Hotels Kansas City
- Hyatt Place Kansas City - Overland Park Convention Center
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kansas City KU Medical Center
- Residence Inn Kansas City Downtown/Union Hil ex Fairfield Inn By Marriott
- Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City - Overland Park
- Hampton Inn Kansas City-Overland Park
- The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center
- Embassy Suites Kansas City - Plaza
- Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park Metcalf
The Danish Windmill Museum
Located in the largest Danish community in the United States, Elk Horn, Iowa the Danish Windmill is the only working windmill in the United States. It was originally built and used in Norre Snede, Denmark in 1848. A group of citizens of Elk Horn wanted to bring a windmill to Elk Horn and found this one which was being used to generate electricity in 1975. They arranged for Danish craftsmen to disassemble and carefully mark the parts. They were then shipped to Elk Horn arriving in November of 1975. There they were carefully reassembled over the course of 1976 to its current working condition with a stone mill and wooded gears. There is a gift shop, which is free to enter but a tour of the building costs $2. The hours of operation is Monday through Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with Sunday hours 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. The windmill is located in the center of town. It is open every day of the year except Christmas and New Years Day.