The Corners Inn
- These hotels may also be interesting for you...
The Corners Inn is a 16th Century traditional Black and White village Inn situated in the beautiful black and white village of Kingsland in the heart of Herefordshire. Offering quality home-made food local beers and cider with ten beautifully appointed en-suite bedrooms.The restaurant is situated in the oldest part of the building the exposed beams lending it an ambience of great character.The perfect place to enjoy a candlelit dinner. With room for upto 100 people it is also the ideal venue for a wedding reception dinner dance or any other special occasion.Each en-suite room is fully air conditioned and includes coffee and tea making facilities flatscreen digital TV hair dryer and WI-FI internet access. Large power showers compliment the Super-King sized beds with duvets.All of this makes The Corners Inn the ideal destination for a short break or base to visit family and friends.
NameThe Corners Inn
AddressKingsland, HR6 9RY, Leominster United Kingdom | 3.4 miles from city center | Show on map
Telephone: +33(6)31568591 | Fax: | Official Homepage
Top 9 Features
- Table Tennis
Visitors to this hotel were also interested in...
More Top Hotels
The Severn Bore
Arising in the Cambrian Mountains in mid Wales and joining the Irish Sea as the Bristol Channel, the Severn is Britain's longest river (354 kilometres). The river is the site of one of the country's few natural phenomena, the Severn Bore. This is a tidal wave which travels upstream propagated by the narrowing of the river's channel. Usually seen as a series of three or four waves, the Bore can reach speeds of up to 13 miles per hour and, with a particularly high tide, can reach a height of six feet. There are several places where the Bore can be seen and there are tide tables which predict the hour of its occurrence. At Minsterworth the road is right beside the river and access to the river can be gained at the Bird-in-Hand pub, by the old ferry or at the church. It has become an attraction for surfers to ride the wave upstream and the record distance is currently some seven and a half miles (set in April 2006). Local parking is available at several sites where the road approaches the river bank. There is local parking at the access points. Viewing: no charge
The recently renovated Town Hall is a Grade A listed building which dates from 1834 and features neo-classical architecture. Lunchtime organ concerts and other events are regularly presented and public tours with a duration of approximately one hour are available. Exhibitions, workshops, banquets, wrestling matches and festivals are often held at the Town Hall, which can also be rented for corporate functions, graduation ceremonies and more. Town Hall is managed by Performances Birmingham Ltd, along with sister venue Symphony Hall. Town Hall Box Office is only open on event days, but tickets for all Town Hall events can be purchased online, over the phone or from the Symphony Hall Box Office.
Winterbourne Botanic Garden
Winterbourne Garden is the University of Birmingham's botanic garden and is used by students as well as being open to the public. It was originally an "early 20th century suburban villa garden", the small estate having been built in 1903. The last private owner bequeathed it to the University in 1944. The first garden layout was inspired by Gertrude Jekyll of the Arts and Crafts movement and was further developed over the years. Today its six acres hold national collections of roses and displays plants from all over the world. Particular features are the Nut Tunnel, woven from living hazel, and a sunken rock garden with Japanese Tea House. It is open April to September, Mondays to Fridays 11am to 4pm and Sundays 11am to 5pm. The remainder of the year it is open Mondays to Fridays noon to 3.30pm. Guided walks and special events are held; details are available at the website. A car park, toilets and café are available on site and the garden is accessible to disabled visitors.
Worcester Cathedral sits in the centre of the city of Worcester over-looking the river Severn. It was founded in 680 but nothing remains of the original building and the oldest part now standing is the crypt which dates to the 10th century. Most of the current building is from the 12th and 13th Centuries. The cathedral has the tomb of King John who died in 1216 as well as a memorial to Prince Arthur, the elder brother of Henry VIII and first husband of Henry's wife Katherine of Aragon. It is believed that the cathedral was spared the worst of Henry's destruction during the Reformation because of the significance of his brother's memorial. The cathedral is open all year round and charges no admission fee - although of course donations are encouraged. Tours are available for a small fee. Opening hours are from 7.30 am to 6 pm daily.