From Monday, 04/21/14 to Tuesday, 04/22/14
Melia White House
Albany Street Regents Park London NW1 3UP United Kingdom
Only show hotels with the following criteria:
Description Melia White House
Melia White House, part of a Spanish-owned chain, is a 4 star hotel near Regent’s Park in London. Originally an apartment block dating from the 1930s, the building has been converted to an 8 storey hotel.
The 581 rooms are graded as classic, superior, triple, executive, junior suites, master suites and a presidential suite. 5 rooms are equipped for disabled guests. All rooms have en-suite facilities, air-conditioning, satellite TV and internet connection. The executive rooms offer additional amenities such as separate reception, lounge and complimentary breakfast. Wifi is available in the public areas.
L’Albufera restaurant has been awarded best Spanish food in London. Alternatively The Place is more of a brasserie style and also serves breakfast. The Davidoff café provides light snacks while Longfords bar has live music.
There is a fitness centre with beauty treatment available. 9 conference rooms in varying sizes can cater for up to 150 people, with a dedicated event manager provided.
The west end shopping area is within walking distance and 3 underground stations are close by. Paddington, Marylebone and Kings Cross main rail stations are about 10 minutes by taxi.
- Melia White House
- Albany Street Regents Park
- NW1 3UPLondon
- United Kingdom
- Telephone: +44(20)73913000
- Official Homepage
- EC/ Maestro/ Debit card
- American Express
- Diner's Club
Room features Melia White House
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Bathroom with shower
- Ironing board
- Pants press
- Tea/ coffeemaker
- Air conditioning
- Cosmetic mirror
- Satellite TV
- Room safe
Hotel features Melia White House
- Business center
- Entrance hall/ lobby
- Conference rooms
- Non-smoking rooms
- PC with Internet
- 24-hour reception
- Wheelchair accessible
- Laundry service
- WiFi in Lobby
- Room service
- 24-hour room service
- Car rental at the hotel
- Golf Course
- Tennis Court
- Hiking trail
Type of lodging
Visitors to this hotel were also interested in...
83 out of 100 based on 5149 reviews
Kent and East Sussex Railway
This rural light railway runs 10.5 miles along the Rother Valley from Tenterden to Bodiam with stops at Rolvenden, Wittersham Road and Northiam. Tenterden was by-passed during the railway building of the 19th century, but a light railway, the Rother Valley Railway, was eventually opened in 1900. A light railway was defined as cheaply constructed with a short life, with reconstruction to a higher standard hoped for from profits. It continued in this form until railway nationalisation in 1948, but losses to road traffic meant that the line closed to passengers in 1954 and to goods traffic in 1961. Enthusiasts managed to save the line from demolition and upgrade the track, and it was reopened gradually between 1974 and 2000.
It now operates as a tourist railway running trains pulled by steam engines. Themed events, including a Santa Special, are staged, and a Pullman dining car runs on certain dates. Travellers can buy a daily hop-on hop-off ticket to visit stops on the route. Free car parking is available at Tenterden and Northiam stations. A timetable is posted on the website.
The Hop Farm
The Hop Farm is set in 400 acres of the Kent Countryside and has a museum where you can see old farming traditions and some of the machinery that was used. There are around 12 Oast houses which are located in the Oast Village and here you can see how they used to make beer. They still grow hops purely for demonstration purposes.
There is also a small farm holding area where you can walk around and visit pigs, sheep, cows and many other animals. Facilities also include a new Skypark which provides activities for visitors, a gift shop, craft centre and tea rooms. Car parking is available and free. Opening times are 10am to 5pm (last admission at 4pm) and they are open year round,except between 24th-31st December
Braintree District Museum
Braintree District Museum takes the visitor on a journey through the past of the town. Starting with the earliest findings in the area which date back to the Bronze Age it displays items of daily use. A special section of the museum is dedicated to the textile industry which was a main issue for the development of the town.
The museum is located in a Victorian schoolhouse and one room has stayed completedly furnished as a period classroom.
A statue of one of the most famous sons of the town, the naturalist John Ray, can be seen in the old schoolyard in front of the main entrance to the museum.
The museum offers a gift shop, toilets and a cafe and disabled facilities.
For temporary exhibitions and events please refer to website.
Open Monday to Saturday from 10am to 5pm.
Parking available (fee)
King's College Chapel
King's College Chapel is, as the name implies, the chapel of King's College, one of the constituent colleges of the University of Cambridge. All the colleges have chapels, but this one is world famous as a crowning example of the English Gothic perpendicular style. Begun in 1441 at the instigation of Henry VI, it was not completed until 1531, by which time the technology and vision came together to create the intricate fan vault, the largest of its kind in the world. The chapel is also famous for its original 16th century stained glass. The physical setting of the chapel, on the lawns of the college beside the Cam, adds to its beauty.
The Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols, led by the chapel choir, is broadcast world-wide on Christmas Eve.
Entrance fees are £4.50 for adults, £3 for children and concessions.
Free entry to local residents and members of the university who can also take in two guests. An audio tour is £2.
Main entrance is through the north porch but there is a ramp for wheelchair users at the south porch.
Opening hours are complicated and affected by recordings and recitals. The website has a full page of opening hours through the year, so best check first. The Christmas Eve Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols is open to anyone, but tickets are not sold in advance, it's first come, first served. This means you have to be in the queue before 9.30am, you are let into the Chapel at 1.30pm and the service begins at 3pm.
Visitors can tour Charleston Farmhouse - once home of the author Virgina Woolf and other members of the Bloomsbury Group - and its gardens. Part of the house shows a display of art by members of the group such as Vanessa Bell and Duncan Grant. The house is as it was originally decorated with pieces and fabrics designed by the artists themselves.
The gardens are also open to the public at a reduced cost.
There is limited disabled access to the house though some facilities are accessible.
The house is open to visitors for organised tours between March and October. Unaccompanied visits can be made on Sundays and bank holiday Mondays. See the website for comprehensive opening hours.