Hotels The Cathedral and Collegiate Church of St. Mary, Manchester The Cathedral and Collegiate Church of St. Mary
- Find the ideal hotel in the area
- Compare prices from more than 160 booking sites
- Book where it's cheapest!
The Mitre3No availability based on 10 websites.
Premier Inn Manchester City Centre MEN Arena - Printworks3No availability based on 2 websites.
Renaissance Manchester City Centre4No availability based on 12 websites.
EscapeNo availability based on 0 websites.
Travelodge Manchester Central3No availability based on 4 websites.
Stayingcool - Boutique Apartment SuitesNo availability based on 0 websites.
The Cathedral and Collegiate Church of St. Mary, St Denys and St George is the official name of Manchester's cathedral. Construction of this cathedral began in 1215 on a site where an old Saxon church had stood since the 8th century but it actually took eight centuries to complete. Until the middle of the 19th century the church was the Parish Church of Manchester until it achieved its cathedral status in 1847. Today, it is a Grade 1 listed building. The main architectural influence of the church is Perpendicular Gothic with flat ceilings and long windows. It houses several pieces of important works of art, including woodcarving of the Ripon Carvers that date from the latter part of the 15th century. The cathedral is the seat of the current Bishop of Manchester and is still used for daily worship. Visitors are welcome and there is no charge to enter although donations are of course welcome. It is open daily for visiting: Monday to Friday (10am-4pm), Saturday (10am-12.30pm) and Sunday (1pm-4pm).
NameThe Cathedral and Collegiate Church of St. Mary
AddressCathedral Yard, M3 1SX, Manchester United Kingdom | 0.4 miles miles from city center | Show on map
Telephone: +44(161)8332220 | Fax:+49(161)8396218 | Official Homepage
- The Placefrom $160
- Macdonald Manchester & Spa4from $136
- The Lowry Manchester5from $249
- Novotel Manchester Centre4from $142
- Ramada Manchester Salford Quays4from $98
- Radisson Blu Manchester Free Trade Hall5from $157
More Top Hotels Manchester
- Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre
- Holiday Inn Express Manchester-City Ctre Arena
- Blue Rainbow Manchester Central
- Macdonald Townhouse Manchester
- Holiday Inn Express Manchester Salford Quays
- Holiday Inn Express Manchester City Centre
- Hilton Manchester Deansgate
- Park Inn by Radisson Manchester City Centre
- DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly
- Staycity Serviced Apartments Laystall St
- The Atrium by BridgeStreet
- Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
- ABode Manchester
- QHotel The Midland
- Etrop Grange
- Mercure Manchester Piccadilly
- Manchester Marriott Victoria & Albert
- Jurys Inn Manchester
- Malmaison Manchester
- The Light ApartHotel Manchester
- Renaissance Manchester City Centre
- Old Trafford Lodge
- Travelodge Manchester Central Arena
- Arora Manchester
- Holiday Inn - Manchester West
- Holiday Inn Express Manchester East
- The City Warehouse
- Radisson Blu Manchester Airport
- Bewley's Hotel Manchester Airport
- Holiday Inn Manchester Central Park
- Roomzzz Manchester City
- ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street
- Comfort Inn Manchester North
- Manchester Airport Marriott
- ibis Manchester Centre Princess Street
- Copthorne Manchester
- Premier Apartments Manchester
- The Palace
- Premier Inn Manchester Airport M56J6 Runger Lane South