Visitors to this hotel were also interested in...
- Hotel Courtyard Boston Marlborough3from $121
- Hotel Hampton Inn Marlborough3from $122
- Hotel Embassy Suites Boston-Marlboroughfrom $207
- Hotel Residence Inn Boston Marlboroughfrom $188
- Hotel Extended Stay America - Boston - Marlborough ex. Homesteadfrom $140
- Hotel Doubletree Boston-Westborough3from $177
More Top Hotels Marlborough
Statue of Liberty
The Statue of Liberty was sculpted by Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi and offered to the United States by the French to commemorate the centennial of the signing of the United States Declaration of Independence, on October 28, 1886. The official name of the monument is the Liberty Enlightening the World and the copper statues conceptor obtained a U.S. patent for its structure. The inner structure of the statue was conceived by Maurice Koechlin, chief engineer of Gustave Eiffel's engineering company, and designer of the Tour Eiffel. The statue measures 46 metres high without the pedestal and foundation, which measure a further 47 metres. Known worldwide as one of America's most famous icons, the Statue of Liberty stands on a 12 acre New York Island, Liberty Island. To cross the Atlantic, the statue was shipped onto the French Frigate, Isère, in 350 individual pieces, representing 214 crates. The Island can be reached by ferry and is open to visitors from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The statue houses a museum where the original torch can be seen.