Visitors to this hotel were also interested in...
- Hotel Hyatt Place Milford3from $143
- Hotel SpringHill Suites Milfordfrom $114
- Hotel Fairfield Inn Milford2from $119
- Hotel Hilton Garden Inn Milford - CT3from $113
- Hotel Residence Inn By Marriott Milfordfrom $148
- Hotel Red Roof Inn Milfordfrom $80
More Top Hotels Milford
- Hilton Garden Inn Shelton
- Hampton Inn Shelton Ex Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shelton-Trumbull
- Hampton Inn & Suites New Haven - South - West Haven
- Hyatt house Shelton
- Howard Johnson Milford New Haven
- Homestead Studio Suites Shelton
- Courtyard New Haven Orange
- Quality Suites Stratford ex Comfort Suites Stratford
- Super 8 Motel - Milford - New Haven
Brooklyn Bridge is situated in New York City and was the first bridge that was constructed to cross the East River. It connects Manhattan and Brooklyn and is one of the oldest suspension bridges in America. The bridge has a walkway for pedestrians and there is also a bicycle lane. It takes about 40 minutes to cross the bridge on foot and there are benches along the route for those that need to either take a rest or simply wish to admire the view. Brooklyn Bridge inspired the building of many later bridges, including The Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. Brooklyn bridge was completed in 1883 and is 5,989 feet (1825 metres) long and features two large Gothic towers. Three members of the Roebling family (John Roebling, his son and his son's wife Emily) were instrumental in its original construction and their names are inscribed on the bridge.
Bronx Zoo is situated in New York City's borough of the Bronx within the Bronx Park. With 265 acres of land, the Bronx zoo is the largest metropolitan zoo in the United States. Set just south of the New York Botanical Garden, the Bronx zoo and the botanical gardens used to be part of Fordham University. It first opened its doors on November 8, 1899 with permanent buildings designed by Heins and LaFarge, including a series of Beaux-Arts pavilions around the circular sea lion pool. In 2006 over 4,000 animals were counted and the zoo receives over 2 million visitors a year. The zoo is now said to be a New York City landmark. The zoo is open form April to November from 10am to 5pm daily and until 5.30pm on weekends and bank holidays. General admission rates are of 15 dollars for an adult and 11 dollars for kids between 3-12. The zoo shuttle costs 3 dollars and the rides within the zoo vary from 2-5 dollars. All day parking costs 12 dollars for a car. There are several snacks and dining options within the zoo.