Visitors to this hotel were also interested in...
- Hotel Framissima Regency4from $86
- Hotel Riadh Palms4from $178
- Hotel Mövenpick Resort & Marine Spa Sousse5from $171
- Hotel Orient Palacefrom $68
- Hotel Marhaba Royal Salem4from $187
- Hotel Seabel Alhambra Beach Golf & Spa4from $788
More Top Hotels Monastir
Mausolee de Habib Bourguiba
Habib Bourguiba (1903 - 2000), the first president of Tunisia, had this mausoleum built for himself and his family, while he was still in good health and very much alive.The works on the domed building, which is flanked by two minarets and reminds very much of a mosque, started in 1963. Bourguibas' wife and parents have been buried here and after his death in 2000 the former president has been laid to rest here too. The mausoleum is located next to the cemetery, which dates back to the 12th century, not far from the Ribat and the marina of Monastir.