Hotels Panama City Beach
- Comprehensive hotel search for Panama City Beach online
- Find a cheap hotel in Panama City Beach!
- Book the best price!
Marriott Legends Edge at Bay Point
- Serviced Apartment
Panama City, The World's Most Beautiful Beaches
Panama City Florida is situated between St. Andrews Bay and the Gulf of Mexico, what was once an industrial and partially military city, has since transformed into an idyllic travel destination for Spring Breakers, family vacations, and beach resort escape.
Panama City beaches are known to be one of the world's most beautiful. Hotels, motels and inns are among the options that can be found on the oceanfront and inland. Visitors often find that rates vary depending on time of year and season in Panama City.
Transportation to Beach Destination
Getting around in Panama City Beach is relatively easy. Many opt to rent scooters for getting around but taxis are also fairly prevalent. Unique to the city is the Bay Town Trolley system which runs throughout the city.
The nearest airport, Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport is approximately 16 miles from the city. One of the prominent features of Panama City, FL, is its white sand beaches that stretches for about 27 miles along the Gulf of Mexico, with plenty oceanfront hotels to choose from. In fact Panama City encompasses five major beaches: Rick Seltzer Park, St. Andrews State Park, Russel-Fields Pier, Camp Helen and Long Beach. Many of these locations offer an array of entertainment and accommodations from the cheap to high-end upscale. Whatever your budget may be, there's something for everyone.
SPRING BREAK CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
During the months of March and April, Panama City, Florida transforms into a Spring Break destination with over 100,000 schools in the area. Make your hotel reservations fast! The area becomes, “The Spring Break Capital of the World". Visitors during the break season should not miss out on the legendary Tiki Bar located right on the Sandpiper Beach Resort. Or the 15 other clubs and pubs Spring Break crawl with live concerts and contest events. While fun is available for all ages, Spring Break events are mostly limited to those 21 and above. If you fall under the age limitation, there are still plenty of activities and amusement themes to experience and explore.
ACTIVITIES AND FUN IN THE SUN
Rent a scooter, race some go-karts, ride a slingshot or drive a dune buggy. These are just some of the things you can do while having fun in the sun in lovely Panama City, Florida. But for the adventure seekers there are plenty of options. At the Shell Island go snorkeling and swim with dolphins at the Dolphin Discovery. Cool off and have some fun at the Shipwreck Island Waterpark or Catamaran Cruise Adventure. Satisfy your curiosity by visiting the Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum. Learn about fish and the local habitat at the Gulf Island Marine Park. Or simply play a round of golf at the
Holiday Golf Club.
For fun on the open waters, try some deep sea fishing or spear fishing using any of the locally licensed private charter boats. There are even boats with glass bottoms so that the passengers can really have a peak into the plentiful ocean life in and along Panama City Beach's waters. Scuba Diving and surf lessons are also available at the many shops and service providers along the ocean front.
Panama City Beach is home to many conventions and live events. If your visiting for only a brief time, be sure to look into what possible events might be taking place.
Consider staying at a serviced apartment, sometimes the rates are equal to if not less than some hotels. Serviced apartments are often equipped with added features and amenities such as a functional kitchen or wash room. Majestic Beach is one such apartment with relatively competitive rates that vary depending on season.
The Pearl is a rather upscale hotel, takes reservations and is slightly further away from the city center, by approximately 12 miles. It is however, a quiet setting and if this is an important criteria, it is worth considering.
The Comfort Suites is hotel that is located just 2 miles from the city center. Here, you have the convenience of being close to all the fun and being far enough so that the noise of the city becomes too cumbersome.
TIPS FOR TRAVELERS
Because of the location, Panama City is blessed with warm and sunny weather mostly year round. While activities are available year round be sure to research and determine what activities might or might not be available during your visit. Fishing certain species of fish might be out of season. Similarly various water crafts and activities might be out of season as well.
Fresh caught seafood is plentiful along the waterfront and restaurants, make sure to ask your server what the specials of the day are. Many seafood restaurants operate on or near boardwalks.
To avoid the crowds of Spring Breakers, avoid planning your travel on the busy months of March and April. Events and theme parks operate mostly year round so there's never a lack of things to do.
If your looking to become scuba certified, be sure to set aside at least 5 days, depending on the program and regimen and scuba diving school. The waters in Panama City Beach, are extremely clear making it an ideal place to dive and become certified. Additional water sports and activities such as jet-skiing are widely available along the beach.
Price rangefrom $42to $429
- Hotel Sterling Resorts Laketown Wharffrom $74
- Hotel Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beachfrom $76
- Hotel Boardwalk Beach Resort Condominiumfrom $58
- Hotel Beachcomber By the Seafrom $74
- Hotel Grand Panama Beach Resortfrom $96
- Hotel Long Beach Resortfrom $96
More Top Hotels
- Beachside Resort
- Carillon Beach Resort Inn
- Seahaven Beach
- Casa Loma Inn
- Marriott Legends Edge at Bay Point
- Majestic Beach Towers
- Top of the Gulf
- Bay Point Golf Resort & Spa
- Tidewater Beach Resort by Wyndham Vacation Rentals
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama City Beach Pier Park
- Horizon South Beach Resort
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Panama City Beach, FL
- Sterling Resorts Splash
- Days Inn Panama City Beach
- Wyndham Panama City Beach
- Ocean Breeze Hotel
- Boardwalk Beach Resort
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Panama City Beach FL
- Comfort Suites Panama City Beach
- Sunrise Beach Resort by Wyndham Vacation Rentals
- Origin At Seahaven
- Edgewater Beach Resort
- Seychelles Beach Resort by Wyndham Vacation Rentals
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama City Beach
- Emerald Isle by Oaseas Resorts
- Executive Inn Panama City Beach
- Legacy By the Sea
- Boardwalk Beach Resort ex-Howard Johnson
- Hampton Inn Panama City Beach
- Sleep Inn and Suites Panama City Beach
- Hampton Inn & Suites Panama City Beach - Pier Park Area
- Sunbird Condominiums
- Nostalgic 1950 Beach Cottage
- Summer Breeze
- High Pointe Resort by Wyndham Vacation Rentals
- Sterling Resorts- Reflections At Bay Point
- Sterling Resorts- Calypso Resort & Towers
- Palazzo Condominiums by Wyndham Vacation Rentals
- The Summit
- Bikini Beach Resort
- Hotels Panama City 101 Hotels from $28
- Hotels Destin 439 Hotels from $48
- Hotels Orlando 905 Hotels from $25
- Hotels Fort Walton Beach 131 Hotels from $39
- Hotels Pensacola 198 Hotels from $38
- Hotels Miami Beach 811 Hotels from $27
More Top Destinations
- Daytona Beach
- Pensacola Beach
- St. Augustine
- Key West
- Fort Lauderdale
- Lake Buena Vista
- Clearwater Beach
- New Orleans
- St. Pete Beach
- Myrtle Beach
- Cocoa Beach
- Lynn Haven
- Fort Myers
- New York
- Fort Myers Beach
- Santa Rosa Beach
- Sanibel Island
- Las Vegas
- St. Petersburg
- Treasure Island
- Gulf Breeze
- Key Largo
- Gulf Shores
- West Palm Beach
- Pigeon Forge
- Ormond Beach
- Virginia Beach