Hotels Karlův most, Prague Karlův most› Find the ideal hotel in the area
› Compare prices from more than 160 booking sites
› Book where it's cheapest!
Constructed in 1537 under the reign of King Charles lV the Charles Bridge was the only bridge across the River Vltava until 1841, effectively connecting Eastern Europe with the West. It was originally known as the Prague Bridge or Stone Bridge but was officially renamed Charles' Bridge in 1870. The bridge is famous for its statues, most of which date from the early 1700's and there are a total of 30 different baroque style figures along the length of the bridge, which spans 516 metres in length and measures 10 metres wide. The bridge has 16 arches and 3 towers. It is estimated that almost 5 million visitors walk across Charles' Bridge every year so it is not surprising to learn that the bridge is lined with souvenir stalls for the tourists, there are also street entertainers and other artists. According to official statistics from the Czech Tourist Office the bridge ranks as one of the most photographed attractions in Europe.