- These hotels may also be interesting for you...
Conveniently located in the heart of Protaras on Flamingo Beach, the 110-room, 4-star, recently renovated Golden Star Hotel offers a variety of family-friendly accommodations ideal for an extended family holiday. For business travellers, the accommodation provides a business centre with Internet access and spacious meeting rooms.
Each of the comfortable apartments provides comfortable furnishings, a television and an en suite bathroom with complimentary toiletries. A fully equipped kitchenette with microwave, stove top, oven, fridge toaster and kettle makes for easy self-catering.
The Golden Star Hotel features free self-parking, free Wi-Fi, and a 24-hour multi-lingual reception desk. Luggage storage and laundry services are available. The hotel features an outdoor swimming pool, tennis courts, and a fitness centre with workout room.
The hotel provides an onsite restaurant and bar. Cafes, restaurants, bistros, pubs and take-away venues are within easy walking distance.
The lodging is just 0.7 miles from the town centre.
AddressProtaras, 5313, Protaras Cyprus | 0.4 miles from city center | Show on map
Telephone: +357(23)814444 | Fax:+357(23)814445 | Official Homepage
Top 9 Features
- Bathroom with shower,
- Windows that open,
- Central heating,
- Electric kettle,
- Air conditioning,
- Satellite TV,
- Small lounge,
- Room safe,
- Kitchen / Kitchenette,
- Entrance hall/ lobby,
- TV lounge,
- Parking lot,
- Hotel bar,
- Hotel bar on the beach,
- Pool bar,
- Outdoor swimming pool,
- Convenience store,
- 24-hour reception,
- Snack bar,
- Direct beach access,
- Beach umbrellas,
- Deck chairs / Sun loungers
- Tennis Court,
- Hiking trail
Visitors to this hotel were also interested in...
Sinan Paşa Camii - Church of St Peter and Paul
The Sinan Pasha Mosque is located in the centre of the Old Town of Famagusta, directly next to the Venetian Palace. It was built around 1360 and the original name was Church of St Peter and Paul before it was converted into a mosque after the Ottoman conquest of the city in 1571, when a minaret was added. It was built with funds donated by a successful merchant named Simon Nostrano and is one of the largest Gothic cathedrals in the city. During the British rule the mosque was used for grain storage which also earned it the name "wheat mosque", later on it was used to store petrol, as town hall and an entertainment venue. It is now being restored and will be open for public access after the renovations.
Latin St George Kilisesi
The remains of the St George of the Latins Church can be found within the Old Town of Famagusta, at the Northern end, just a stone's throw away from the Othello Tower. There is evidence in the structure of the building that the church was completed before the Lusignans constructed the first city wall around the city, which makes it one of the oldest still existing churches in Famagusta. It's design reminds of the Sainte Chapelle in Paris and historians date its origins back to the end of the 13th century. What is known exactly is that the stones used to construct the church originate from the ruins of Salamis. Today the church is heavily ruined and what remains are more or less only its eastern and northern wall. They still bear their elaborate carvings, gargoyles and there are parts of a staircase left which led to the top of the church in medieval times. The site is open at all times and there is no admission fee.
Lala Mustafa Paşa Camii
Lala Mustafa Paşa Camii was built in between 1298 and 1326 and is the largest medieval building in Famagusta. The mosque was first consecrated as a Christian church under the name St Nicholas Cathedral in 1328 and later, under the rule of the Ottomans, turned into a mosque. During the reign of the Lusignans on the Island their Kings were first inaugurated as King of Cyprus in Nicossia, in the St. Sophia Cathedral, and later in the St Nicholas Cathedral in Famagusta also became King of Jerusalem. The mosque resembles the Cathedral of Reims after which it has been designed. It features 3 doors and twin spires, the later have been damaged by earthquakes and bombardments by the Ottomans and have never been repaired.One of the spires is now topped by the minaret of the mosque. Please note that visitors to the mosque are required to remove their shoes and need to cover their legs (no shorts please). Female visitors also need to cover their hair, headscarves are available at the entrance. There is a small admission fee of under £1, parking facilities are available behind the mosque or on the surrounding streets.
The remnants of the ruins of the ancient city-state of Salamis. Situated 8km north of Gazimagusa at a wide sandy bay, the oldest ruins date back to the 11 century BC when Salamis was the prevailing power in the island. Excavations are scattered over an area of one square mile and contain the remains of the theatre, gymnasium and more. In the 1960's several kings' tombs were discovered here.