Visitors to this hotel were also interested in...
- Hotel Atlântico Business Centro4from $79
- Hotel Windsor Flórida4from $138
- Hotel Novotel Rio de Janeiro Santos Dumont4from $150
- Hotel Windsor Excelsior Copacabana4from $220
- Hotel Windsor Guanabara4from $138
- Hotel Belmond Copacabana Palace 5from $462
More Top Hotels Rio de Janeiro
Catedral de São Sebastião
The Cathedral of St Sebastian, also known as the Metropolitan Cathedral, was designed by Edgar Oliveira da Fonseca and is situated behind the Petrobras building near to Rio de Janeiro's financial centre. The construction takes the form of a cone that is 106 metres in diameter at the base and 96 metres in height. Inside there are stained glass windows that circle the building. The interior was designed by Father Paulo Lachen Maier and there are sculptures and panels by Humberto Cozzi that adorn the church interior and the sacristy. The Cathedral is open daily between from 7am and closes Monday to Friday at 6pm Saturday at 5 pm and Sunday at 2 pm Masses are celebrated at 11am during the week and at 10am during the weekend. Entrance is free.