Visitors to this hotel were also interested in...
- Hotel Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Airport - Liberty Station3from $230
- Hotel Best Western Plus Island Palms & Marina3from $148
- Hotel Bay Club and Marina3from $152
- Hotel Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina4from $180
- Hotel Dana Hotel on Mission Bay by SeaWorld3from $196
- Hotel Sheraton San Diego & Marina4from $279
More Top Hotels San Diego
- The US Grant - A Luxury Collection
- Embassy Suites San Diego Bay-Downtown
- Humphrey's Half Moon Inn and Suites
- Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego
- Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
- Residence Inn by Marriott San Diego Mission Valley
- Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
- Omni San Diego
- Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Mission Valley-Hotel Circle
USS San Diego Memorial
This memorial is located at Harbor Drive and the G Street Mole one block south of Broadway. It is very near the USS Midway aircraft carrier museum. It is dedicated to the USS San Diego a United States light cruiser from the Second World War. The memorial is free and open every day of the year. The memorial is administered by the Unified Port of San Diego
Ocean Beach Antique District
Located along the 4800 block at Newport Street, the Antique District if Ocean Beach offers a wealth if antique shops which are situated within 6 malls. It is the largest concentration of specialist shops for antiques in San Diego County and hundreds of dealers offer vintage furniture, jewelry, collectibles, memorabilia and more. Every Wednesday it is also home to the weekly Farmersmarket (4-8pm) where visitor have the opportunity tp buy locally grown vegetable, fruit and flowers, pieces of art from local artists and more . There are parking facilities in the area and most shops are open 7 days a week.
USS Midway Aircraf Carrier Museum
The museum is located on board the USS Midway, an aircraft carrier that has served for 47 years. It started its career at the end of WW2 (1945) and ended it after Desert Storm in 1991. Throughout these many years it took part in many missions, both military and humanitarian. Visitors can expect to see more than 35 exhibits on board of the carrier, which include Aircraft Engines, Forecastle Deck (Foc'sle), the Galley , the Captain's Bridge and At-Sea-Cabin and much more. There are also a minimum of 21 restored aircraft on board and 2 flight simulators. The self-guided audio-tour is narrated in big parts by veterans who used to serve on the Midway and are more than willing to share a few anecdotes. The Midway is accessible for the infirm and there are handicapped parking spaces close to the entrance, as well as free parking for everybody. Further amenities include a gift shop and a cafe. Opening hours: Daily from 10 am to 5 pm , last admission at 4 pm. Closed on Christmas and Thanksgiving. Children under 5 and persons on active duty (in uniform) go free.