- Comprehensive hotel search for Savannah online
- Find a cheap hotel in Savannah!
- Book the best price!
Savannah Georgia, The Hostess City of the South
Experience Savannah's reputation for Southern charm. It's a city considered one of the oldest in the US, rich with historic structures, shopping and captivating landscapes. Consistently voted in 'America's Favorite Cities', Savannah makes for a great romantic get away with its beaches and river fronts.
The Forest City
Fanciful populations of the largest and oldest oak tree species surround the city. Nature lovers should visit the Savannah National Wildlife Refuge. The refuge provides a range of activities from photography, birding, fishing to hunting. Get even closer to nature by attempting their seasonal kayaking options along the rivers and waterways. Be sure to familiarize yourself with the regulations of the refuge, and plan your visit accordingly. There are plenty of low cost hotel accommodations nearby.
All Along The Waters
At the edge of downtown is the waterfront which follows along the Savannah River. Year round there are events such as festivals and celebrations. Take a stroll through one of the many parks available in the area or even better, catch a ferry ride and take in even more of the cities great picturesque landscapes. Stay at the Savannah Marriott Riverfront which is conveniently located along the river, and close to most downtown attractions. Or consider, Hyatt Regency Savannah which is also along the riverfront and offers plenty of fine dining nearby.
Activities and Fun for the Whole Family
For golfers of any skill level, Savannah offers a comprehensive 19 golf courses and clubs. Golfing in Savannah means you'll be teeing off at 42 feet above sea level. If golf is your game, consider staying at the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort and Spa.
Riverboat Cruises and Trolley tours make for a great way to spend time with the family while taking in the romance of Savannah's downtown waterways. For sightseeing tours outside the city limits, consider exploring 'Savannah Beach' also known as Tybee Island, which is home to the Tybee Island Lighthouse Station, the first lighthouse built on the Southern Atlantic coast. While on the island, there are plenty of low cost accommodations, such as the Howard Johnson Inn or consider the many Tybee Island. While on the island be sure to stop by 'The Crab Shack' for some popular authentic southern seafood.
Deep sea fishing and chartered boats can provide the family with hours of fun at sea. Adventurous explorers can spend anywhere from half a day to a full day out at sea, enjoying the beauty that nature has to offer along the Atlantic coast. Catch a variety of fish species such as Sea Bass, Cobia, Snapper, Barracuda, and Mahi Mahi. Avid nature lovers can also charter boats for dolphin tours where the main attractions are the marine life.
With Savannah's rich historic architectures, people come from all over the world travel to see its churches, synagogues, homes and even cemeteries. For a romantic escape for two, consider a more intimate setting such as bed & breakfast options also known as guest houses. These are often lower in price in compared to some of the more competitive hotel chains. Although prices may vary based on location and establishment, many are also pet friendly.
Take the family for a night out around town or catch a show at the Savannah Theater, where live shows are regularly in rotation. The theater itself is a historic attraction as it has a very rich history of performances and the birth place for many stars.
Film and movie buffs, may remember that the movie, 'Forrest Gump' takes place in many of the town's areas. Fans worldwide travel to see the famous 'Forrest Gump Bench' which was actually a movie prop that currently resides in the Savannah History Museum. However, the Chippewa Square Bus Stop is an actual location and many tourists often take photos of the area. 'Club One' also known as the home of 'The Lady Chiblis' is another landmark that was made famous by both books and the movie, 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil'. Other movies, filmed in Savannah include, 'Cape Fear', 'The Longest Yard' and many scenes of 'Wild America' were also filmed on location. Making Savannah a worthy place to visit for film buffs.
Tips for Travelers
First time visitors should consider taking the 'Old Savannah Tours', these are a range of tours that cover Savannah’s rich historic sites. For a more personal experience, try making it a mission to visit all 22 historic squares within the city limits. Savannah's downtown is considered one of the largest cities in the National Historic Landmarks. As with most cities, shopping is one of the abundant options available to visitors. The Chatham Area Transit(CAT) with its vast network of transportation options, makes getting around fairly easy.
There's no shortage of tours in Savannah. Everything from Ghost Tours to Food Tours are widely available and by multiple vendors. However, if you’re planning to do some outdoor exploring be sure to check the seasonal weather conditions and research best times of the year to visit. Savannah is considered a subtropic area but during the winter's the coastal winds can drive down the temperatures to fairly chilly conditions. This can also serve as an advantage for the more fearless travelers as rates for hotels and motels often differ seasonally.
Price rangefrom $33to $584
- Hotel The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf from $126
- Hotel The Cotton Sail Hotelfrom $108
- Hotel Hyatt Regency Savannahfrom $112
- Hotel Baymont Inn & Suites Savannahfrom $59
- Hotel Holiday Inn Savannah Historic Districtfrom $120
- Hotel Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic Districtfrom $115
More Top Hotels
- Best Western Central Inn
- Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 South - Gateway
- Courtyard Savannah Downtown Historic District
- Comfort Suites Historic District
- Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah Gateway
- Comfort Suites Gateway
- Super 8 Savannah
- Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Historic District
- Marshall House
- Country Inn & Suites Savannah Gateway
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah Airport, GA
- Baymont Inn and Suites
- Savannah Marriott Riverfront
- DoubleTree by Hilton Savannah Historic District
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Savannah-Midtown
- SpringHill Suites Savannah Midtown
- Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Midtown
- Wingate By Wyndham Savannah Airport
- Thunderbird Inn
- Planters Inn
- Homewood Suites Savannah
- Best Western Plus Savannah Historic District
- Staybridge Suites Savannah Historic District
- Travelodge Savannah Gateway
- Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport
- Residence Inn Savannah Downtown-Historic District
- Quality Inn Midtown Savannah
- Days Inn Savannah - Abercorn Southside
- Olde Harbour Inn
- Mansion On Forsyth Park Autograph Collection
- Best Western Savannah Gateway
- Hilton Savannah DeSoto
- Embassy Suites Savannah Historic District
- La Quinta Inn Savannah Midtown
- Oglethorpe Inn
- River Street Inn
- SpringHill Suites Savannah I-95 South
- Cambria Suites Savannah Airport
- Hampton Inn and Suites Savannah-Airport
- Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District
- Days Inn and Suites Savannah Midtown
- Motel 6 - Savannah
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Savannah - Midtown
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Savannah Historic District
- Hotels Tybee Island 32 Hotels from $52
- Hotels Pooler 17 Hotels from $46
- Hotels Atlanta 352 Hotels from $31
- Hotels Port Wentworth 19 Hotels from $35
- Hotels Myrtle Beach 540 Hotels from $31
- Hotels Hilton Head Island 198 Hotels from $59
More Top Destinations
- Jekyll Island
- St. Simons
- Garden City
- New York
- Daytona Beach
- St. Augustine
- Richmond Hill
- Virginia Beach
- Miami Beach
- Panama City Beach
- Pigeon Forge
- Las Vegas
- New Orleans
- Fort Lauderdale
- Atlantic City
- Ocean City
- North Myrtle Beach
- Lake Buena Vista
- Washington D.C.
- Key West
- Mount Pleasant
- North Charleston