Visitors to this hotel were also interested in...
- Hotel Super 8 Sioux Falls Convention Arena Area2from $68
- Hotel Ramada Sioux Falls Airport Hotel and Suites3from $116
- Hotel Sheraton Sioux Falls & Convention Center3from $121
- Hotel Dakotah Lodge3from $77
- Hotel Best Western Ramkota2from $104
- Hotel Holiday Inn Sioux Falls-City Centre3from $115
More Top Hotels Sioux Falls
The Danish Windmill Museum
Located in the largest Danish community in the United States, Elk Horn, Iowa the Danish Windmill is the only working windmill in the United States. It was originally built and used in Norre Snede, Denmark in 1848. A group of citizens of Elk Horn wanted to bring a windmill to Elk Horn and found this one which was being used to generate electricity in 1975. They arranged for Danish craftsmen to disassemble and carefully mark the parts. They were then shipped to Elk Horn arriving in November of 1975. There they were carefully reassembled over the course of 1976 to its current working condition with a stone mill and wooded gears. There is a gift shop, which is free to enter but a tour of the building costs $2. The hours of operation is Monday through Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with Sunday hours 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. The windmill is located in the center of town. It is open every day of the year except Christmas and New Years Day.