Visitors to this hotel were also interested in...
More Top Hotels Vélizy-Villacoublay
Parc André Citroën
The Parc André Citroën was inaugurated in the 1990s and consists of 14 hectares of land along the River Seine including the Parc de la Villette, the Parc de Bercy, the Parc de Bellevue and the Parc George Brassens. In the 15th century it was a small fishing port called Javel. It was Charles X who invented the disinfectant which carries the name of the village. Other industries opened around this success and André Citroën opened his ammunition factory in 1915. Once the war was over, he converted his factory to a car manufacture, producing 30 cars a day in 1919, and 250 a day five years later. With the growing success of Citroën, the factory grew to 55 000m² and in 1958 André Citroëns name was given to the Javel port. Since 1982, nothing is left of the Citroën factory which moved to Aulnay-sous-bois. The park which stands instead consists of 138 800m² of gardens, trees, playgrounds, fountains and lakes, two greenhouses and several species of birds. The park is open to the public from 8am to 6pm in the winter months and from 8am to 9.30pm in the summer. The nearest metro station is André Citroën or Balard, and the nearest RER station is Boulevard Victor et Javel.