Hotels in Bar Harbor, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Bar Harbor online
- Find a cheap hotel in Bar Harbor!
- Book at the ideal price!
Bar Harbor, A Coastal New England Gem
Bar Harbor is located on Mount Desert Island, and home to the beautiful Acadia National Park. There, you can taste a sampling of famous fresh-caught Maine lobster, or behold the beauty of a breeching humpback whale. Make your way through the wonders of Acadia National Park on foot, or explore the town on wheels by cycling through some of New England’s best trails. Browse through an eclectic array of shops and dine in the local eateries that showcase the seaside village’s access to prime seafood. Spend an afternoon exploring Bar Harbor’s history and culture in one of the village’s museums.
Exquisite Sea Adventures
Bar Harbor, Maine is home to the world’s largest mammal: the humpback whale. So, it’s no coincidence that the town is famous for its whale tours, which will get you as close as possible to the majestic creatures in their natural habitat. Of course, you’re also welcome to man your own vessel, as Bar Harbor is a popular destination for canoeing, kayaking, and fishing. Should you find yourself at sea during low tide, you’ll discover the sand bar that connects the town to Bar Island. This provides an optimal opportunity to observe seabirds, seals, puffins, and plenty of crustaceans, but be sure to head back to before the tide rolls back in! You can also enjoy a tour of Bass Harbor Head Light, a lighthouse that was constructed in 1858. If the water is what brings you to the village, you should have no trouble finding accommodations in one of the coastal inns or hotels that sprinkle the village’s shoreline.
Acadia National Park
A large portion of the 50-sqaure mile Acadia National Park lies in Bar Harbor, Maine. With both serene trails perfect for a leisurely stroll and the magnificent Cadillac Mountain, the diverse park encompasses some of the richest forests and stretches of shoreline in all of New England. Tourists are welcome to drive up Cadillac Mountain, which peaks at 1,528 feet and is the highest point in the North Atlantic Seaboard. The mountaintop is also the first place in the United States to see the sun each morning. Throughout the park, hiking is popular, especially along the Beehive and Precipice trails. For those who would like to keep their adventures closer to sea level, the park also provides some exceptional birdwatching opportunities, as visitors regularly spot unique avian life such as eagles, loons, and peregrine falcons. The park is ideal for visiting during the late spring, summer, and early autumn, as many areas are accessible from mid-May through October. During these months, you can enjoy activities like picnicking, horseback riding, and boating. Should you wish to stay local to the park, you’ll find that there are a number of Bar Harbor hotels located central to Acadia, though you could always opt for a campground or lodge as well. Because Maine can experience heavy snowfall and other wintery conditions, you may find that accommodations are quite limited during the off-season.
Quaint Shops & Fresh-Caught Cuisine
The shops in Bar Harbor are among some of Maine’s most unique and varied. From seaside boutiques to wineries and tea shops, you’ll have ample opportunity to find the perfect souvenir for someone back home – or for yourself! Many of the shops are locally-owned and carry handmade gifts crafted by artisans within the area. If you find yourself growing hungry from a long day of shopping, you can wrap up your trip with one of the state’s specialties, the lobster roll. These tantalizing sandwiches are served on a special “New England” style roll that’s typically lightly toasted, then filled with mouth-watering lobster meat and a light spread of mayonnaise. While this meal tends to be among the most popular served throughout the area, Bar Harbor eateries are known for their outstanding array of other fish sandwiches, as well as their own local take on the beloved New England clam chowder. The village also has an ample array of breakfast spots, so for visitors staying in hotels without a morning meal option, there’s no shortage of cafés where you can grab as hearty or light a breakfast as you’d like. You can also stop in Jordan Pond House, located in Acadia National Park, which is famous for the popovers and tea that have been served there since the 1890s. Like many of the restaurants throughout the village, Jordan Pond House operates on a seasonal schedule.
Museums, Festivals, & More
Situated in the building that originally served as the headquarters for Acadia National Park, The George B. Dorr Museum of Natural History showcases a diverse collection of exhibits that are designed and created exclusively by the students at the College of the Atlantic. There, you can explore lifelike replicas of Bar Harbor wildlife, or see live marine creatures like starfish, crabs, and snails in the museum’s tide pool. Or, watch sea life come too life at the Mount Desert Oceanarium and Lobster Hatchery, where you can tour the Maine Lobster Museum and learn about the life cycle of the state’s most popular crustacean. You can also head to The Abbe Museum, which displays some of the area’s historical artefacts, including Wabanaki art. Finally, the village also hosts festivals during the summertime, such as the Bar Harbor Fine Arts Festival, which draw tourists and locals alike.
Price rangefrom $68to $373
- Hotel Belle Isledeals from $343
- Hotel Edenbrook Moteldeals from $6
- Hotel Bar Harbor Grand Hoteldeals from $6
- Hotel Days Inn Bar Harbordeals from $454
- Hotel Bar Harbor Moteldeals from $6
- Hotel Bar Harbordeals from $6
More Top Hotels
- Holiday Inn Resort Bar Harbor - Acadia Natl Park
- West Street Hotel
- Sunny , Cozy 1-bedroom, Wooded, Private, Central Island Location, Close To Ocean
- Robbins Motel
- Atlantic Oceanside Hotel & Event Center
- Sunnyside Motel & Cottages
- Gorgeous 3 bed 2 bath single family home on quiet street *Heated Pool & Spa* Free Wifi close to beach
- Acadia Pines Motel
- Elsa's Inn
- High Seas
- Heathwood Inn & Suites
- Hummingbird Suite - One Mile from Acadia National Park
- Robbins Motel
- Sweet Cottage One Quarter Mile From The Entrance To Acadia National Park.
- Charming 3 Bedroom Home, Centrally Located In The Heart Of Acadia National Park.
- Newly Constructed Fall 2016 Beautiful Bar Harbor Chalet Sleeps 8
- Charming Cottage Within Walking Distance To Acadia National Park
- Fully Restored Blue Rose Cottage In The Heart Of Bar Harbor Village!
- Bright Carriage Flat In Town With Parking
- Intown, Quiet Street, 5 Min Walk To Shore Path, Steps To Shops, Eats, & Bus
- Acadia Sunrise
- Harborside Hotel Spa & Marina
- Relaxing 1 Bedroom Apartment In Bar Harbor On 2 Acre Of Woods
- Waterfront in Bar Harbor, dock, firepit, 2 miles from Acadia
- The Lookout In Bar Harbor
- Moseley Cottage Inn and The Town
- Quimby House Inn
- Hotel Quality Inn Bar Harbor
- Centrally Located, Charming Guest House
- Aysgarth Station
- Acadia Inn
- Spacious In-town Apartment With Private Veranda
- Anne's White Columns Inn
- Fabulous Views - Great Waterfront Home Close To Acadia
- Close To Bar Harbor And Acadia National Park
- Best Western Acadia Park Inn
- Cromwell Harbor Motel
- Brand New In-town Bar Harbor 4 Bedroom Apartment
- On-the-ocean Panorama. Elegant. Private. Historic. Endorsed. 20 Years, 5-star.
- This Charming Three Level Condo Is Located In The Heart Of Bar Harbor
- 4 Bedroom Beautifully Decorated 'Down East ' Retreat!
- Located In The Heart Of Downtown Bar Harbor On A Quiet Side Street
- Hotels in New York 15785 Hotels deals from $42
- Hotels in Bangor 166 Hotels deals from $59
- Hotels in Portland 839 Hotels deals from $70
- Hotels in Boston 4612 Hotels deals from $99
- Hotels in Southwest Harbor 341 Hotels deals from $77
- Hotels in Rockport 154 Hotels deals from $96
More Top Destinations
- Atlantic City
- Myrtle Beach
- Ocean City
- Las Vegas
- Virginia Beach
- Washington D.C.
- South Portland
- Old Orchard Beach
- Boothbay Harbor
- North Conway
- Lake George
- Niagara Falls
- Miami Beach
- New Orleans
- Québec City
- Pigeon Forge