Hotels in Big Bear Lake, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Big Bear Lake online
- Find a cheap hotel in Big Bear Lake!
- Book at the ideal price!
Big Bear Lake, A Southern California Travel Destination
Located in San Bernardino County, California. Big Bear Lake serves as California's largest recreational lake. Beyond the typical water sports and activities like fishing and jet-skiing, there are plenty of other options to see and explore at beautiful Big Bear Lake.
Because of its location and altitude, Big Bear Lake is a great place to visit any time of the year. During the winter, snow is abundant and creates a snowy haven for skiers and snowboarders alike. As Spring time nears, the ice and snow is melted away creating a natural kaleidoscope of wildflowers and animals as they begin to liven up the region. Summer time tends to be the best time of year for fishing, taking advantage of the lake's 7 mile width and over 22 mile scenic shoreline.
ATTRACTIONS AND ACTIVITIES
Big Bear Lake was named after the large population of Grizzly bears that once roamed the area. Now the land is home to black bears that were introduced much later. Much of the Big Bear Lake was also home to the Serrano Indians. During the Gold Rush, Big Bear Lake became a favored destination among settlers. With its picturesque valleys and lakes, a town soon formed due to its vast popularity.
Experience stunning scenery just steps away at the Honey Bear Lodge. For a closer option to the city center, take a look at the Marina Resort. For a quieter choice slightly further away from the City Center, consider staying at the Big Bear Frontier.
Big Bear Lake draws a great deal of tourists each year. As such, lodging and hotel accommodations are barely ever lacking. There are plenty of options ranging from high end to more modestly priced places. The common amenity among many of these hotels, is their proximity to the scenic lake. Visitors whom are traveling with their canine and feline friends, have a wealth of pet-friendly hotels.
A variety of activities are hosted and can be found at Big Bear Lake. From camping to bowling. Because of the vast body of water, recreations like fishing, boating and kayaking are common. However during the winter, skiing, bobsledding, and snowboarding are also readily available. But if you’re looking for something unique, consider the Big Bear Jeep Experience, where the adventure is entirely at your own discretion in your very own Jeep. You follow along various courses in varying difficulty.
For more traditional forms of water sports, consider parasailing, sailing and wave running. These are a few of the activities that are available in the various marinas all throughout the shoreline.
DINING AND ENTERTAINMENT YEAR-ROUND
Food and drinks are always readily available, check out the Nottinghams Restaurant located in the Village Area that serves American cuisines like steak and seafood. For something more contemporary consider the Peppercorn Grille which is also nearby, that specializes in modern American cuisines. Vegetarian options are also available nearby at the Himalayan Restaurant which specialize in Nepalese/Indian food.
Oktoberfest is a famously celebrated seasonal event at Big Bear because of its altitude. Big Bear Lake's Oktoberfest is considered the highest biergarten in the US. Typically held throughout the month of October, it is best to plan your trips wisely. Keep in mind this event draws rather large crowds on weekends.
FUN FOR THE KIDS
There are plenty of things to see and do for kids. Big Bear Lake is a great family destination and provides hours of fun filled activities throughout the area. Kids can visit the Discovery Center and learn more about the bountiful surrounding San Bernardino Forest, and the many ways to help preserve it. The Big Bear Funplex is an indoor arcade with skating rink where kids and the entire family can easily spend a whole day having fun. The Bowling Barn is another indoor center where families can eat and relax between other activities such as outdoor hiking at any of the scenic summits within the area. Take part in the Big Bear Off-Road Adventure, as a family you will ride in a convertible vehicle that will take you on an off road adventure along various ridges, streams, canyons and meadows. Tour packages cater to anywhere from an hour and a half up to five hours on back roads of Big Bear. For even more low-tech means of exploring the backwoods, consider visiting Baldwin Lake Stables and plan a trip riding horseback to gain a different perspective of the area. For a more panoramic view of the area, and higher altitude, try out the Helicopter Big Bear agency where they can provide a range of package options with flights anywhere from 45 minutes up to 4 hours.
TIPS FOR TRAVELERS
Big Bear Lake has many great opportunities due to its elevation but visitors and travelers in the area may experience some difficulty breathing. It is suggested to slowly acclimate oneself to the area. As higher elevations creates thinning of the air. Altitude training is also what has drawn many famous boxers to the area, Oscar De La Hoya, Mike Tyson and Shane Mosley have all trained at Big Bear.
The altitude and weather varies year-round, which is why it is important to plan ahead and always take it into consideration. Depending on the season and activities available the cost of lodging and deals will change as well. Gear up and get ready for a great trip to Big Bear.
Price rangefrom $27to $1,922
- Hotel Holiday Inn Resort The Lodge At Big Bear Lakedeals from $82
- Hotel Bravo Big Bear Lodge Threedeals from $98
- Hotel Sleepy Forest Cottagesdeals from $81
- Hotel Hotel Big Bear Frontierdeals from $125
- Hotel Lagonita Lodgedeals from $129
- Hotel Fanciful Winters Lake - Walk To Lake From This Vintage Style Cabin With Current Luxuries!deals from $98
More Top Hotels
- Merced Cottage~2 Bd~Single Story Furnished Cabin~Walk To Town!~
- Chalet Georgia
- The Club At Big Bear Village
- New Listing! Cozy, Vintage Lake Home W/amazing Outdoor Decks, Hot Tub, Fire Pit
- Bear Creek Resort
- Timber Haven Lodge
- Cozy Cottage For Two - Walk To The Lake, Log Style Home In The Heart Of Big Bear!
- Grey Squirrel Resort
- Summit Adventure-three Bedroomhome
- New Listing! Rustic, Dog-friendly Cabin W/deck & Grill, Walk To Snow Summit
- Come Enjoy Our 4 Season Wonderland In The Big Bear Mountains!
- Eagle'S Nest Bed And Breakfast
- Gorgeous Cabin. Close To Everything. Hot Tub!
- Upscale home w/ private hot tub, deck w/ view, game room - close to skiing
- Sunny Chateau- Privacy And Views!
- Granny's Love Shack
- Blue Horizon Lodge
- Classic A-frame Home Close To Hiking, Skiing, And Water Sports!
- Sunset Bearadise Moonridge Charming Cabin With Log Furniture And Open Mezzanine
- Spend This Weekend In A Charming 2/2 Farmhouse For Only $120 A Night
- Big Bear Lake Charming Cabin
- Location Is Key. Rustic Cabin, Quiet Area, Hot Tub, Wi-Fi. And More!
- Awesome Winter Getaway, 1.4 Miles From Bear Mtn Secluded!
- Charming Romantic Mountain Getaway With Hot Tub, Big Bear
- All Decked Out
- Rustic dog-friendly cabin w/ deck and yard near lake and ski slopes!
- Three Bedroom Premier Unit #86 By Escape For All Seasons
- Cozy Bear
- Dog-friendly cabin with lake views - walk to lake, close to hiking and town!
- Luxury Big Bear Cabin - Hot Tub , Pool Table
- New Listing! Cozy Family Home With Wraparound Deck - Close To Snow Summit
- Escape To A Romantic Getaway Filled With Mountain Fresh Air, Serenity & Nature
- 10% Off 3-6 Nights Until Dec 27! Ski In/ski Out Thru Backyard! Incredible Review
- Rest N Relax Inn
- Acorn Cottage - Cottage On A Quiet Cul-de-sac, Nestled Up To The National Forest!
- Golden Bear Cottages Resort
- Travelodge Big Bear Lake CA
- Knights Inn Big Bear Lake
- Big Bear 4 Seasons One - Adorable cottage, centrally located!
- Hotel Black Forest Lodge
- Baby Bear
- Boulder Creek Resort
- Cathy's Cottages
- Singing Pines Lodge~8 Bd Furnished Group Cabin~Walk To Town~
- Hotels in Anaheim 1212 Hotels deals from $53
- Hotels in San Diego 8655 Hotels deals from $24
- Hotels in Palm Springs 4118 Hotels deals from $42
- Hotels in Los Angeles 12432 Hotels deals from $28
- Hotels in Las Vegas 6244 Hotels deals from $18
- Hotels in Long Beach 943 Hotels deals from $45
More Top Destinations
- San Francisco
- Santa Monica
- Palm Desert
- Newport Beach
- Laguna Beach
- Santa Barbara
- Buena Park
- San Bernardino
- Garden Grove
- Big Bear City
- Costa Mesa
- Santa Ana
- La Jolla
- Huntington Beach
- Lake Arrowhead
- San Clemente
- Pismo Beach
- West Hollywood
- Rancho Mirage
- Dana Point
- Beverly Hills
- Chula Vista
- Santa Cruz
- Indian Wells