Hotels in Bowling Green, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Bowling Green online
- Find a cheap hotel in Bowling Green!
- Book at the ideal price!
Bowling Green, USA: Home of the Corvette
The city of Bowling Green is known as the only location in the United States where the Corvette sports car is produced. There is a General Motors Corvette Assembly Plant right in town and visitors to the city are able to take a tour and witness each step of the manufacturing process.
In addition, the Corvette Museum provides a great deal of history on the car and helps visitors to not only see how the vehicle has evolved over the years, but also to get a glimpse of all kinds of memorabilia. As an added bonus, this museum has prototype versions of the car that were designed, but never went into full production.
Lost River Cave and Valley
Near the centre of Bowling Green, KY sits the Lost River Cave and Valley, a seven-mile system of caves that acted as a hiding place for soldiers during the Civil War. The river is recognized as the shortest, deepest river in the world, as it is only 350 feel long, but more than 427 feet deep. Due to its central location, many of the city's hotels are just a short drive from the Cave.
The Lost River Cave also has one of the largest natural cave entrances in the eastern part of the United States and boat tours are offered during the summer. Inside the Cave also sits two event venues that can be rented out for weddings and other gatherings.
The park that surrounds the Cave is also significant in size, as two miles of hiking trails can be explored by guests. Gem mining, geo-caching, and bird watching are possible in this park and there is an on-site butterfly habitat, as well.
Civil War Landmarks
Because Kentucky was of such strategic importance during the American Civil War, Bowling Green became a vital location for both sides of the conflict. In 1861, 4,000 Confederate troops were moved into the city in an attempt to gain a foothold throughout the state. Eventually, Union soldiers forced the Confederate army out of the area and controlled it for the rest of the War.
There are 11 different sites within driving distance of hotels in the city that are a must-see for any Civil War buff. These sites include the Confederate State Capital of Kentucky, Baker Hill, College Hill, the Home of Thomas Hines, and the Ft. Albert Sidney Johnston Plaque. Every summer, a battle is re-enacted in Bowling Green, as well.
History and Museums
While spending time in Bowling Green, there are numerous museums that can give greater insight into the state of KY as a whole. The Barren River Imaginative Museum of Science allows visitors to experience science in a hands-on environment and is worth checking out, especially for those travelling with kids who want to escape their hotels for a few hours.
The Historic Railpark and Train Museum was once the first operating train depot in the city. It was then turned into a library, but in 2007, the library moved and the building was rejuvenated. The building is on the National Register of Historic Places and features five fully restored rail cars.
Aviation Heritage Park features a collection of historic airplanes, with each having a tie to the local area. These planes go back as far as the Korean War and give guests the chance to see these aircrafts up close and, in some cases, look inside their cockpits.
The Kentucky Museum sits on the campus of Western Kentucky University and features collections of artefacts and items from famous Americans, in addition to items left behind after the Civil War. A collection of European art can also be found at this museum.
Parks and Outdoor Activities
There is plenty to do in the outdoors throughout Bowling Green, starting with a trip to Beech Bend Park & Splash Lagoon. This location is a water and amusement park that provides a fun day in the sun for the entire family. Numerous hotels are just a short distance from this park, making it an easy day out for families or those travelling as larger groups. Fountain Square Park is a relaxing place to spend an afternoon because it is quiet and peaceful. In addition, there are historic buildings and a beautiful fountain right in the park, making it a nice place to go when there isn't much else going on.
At Basil Griffin Park, visitors can find a playground and plenty of activities for the children. This park is located on a small lake and is recognized as having some of the area's best scenery.
Visit a Farm
Farming has been a major industry in the Bowling Green area for a long time and visitors will have the chance to experience this first hand at Chaney's Dairy Barn. This farm doubles as a petting zoo and provides tours of the facilities that are used in the production of milk. As an added bonus, visitors can buy an ice cream that was made on-site.
Jackson's Orchard is a similar idea, except it's a fruit farm, rather than a dairy farm. Those who are just passing through the area can see exactly how an authentic Midwest farm operates by stopping by either of these locations and trying some of the dairy or produce.
Price rangefrom $46to $199
- Hotel Clarion Inndeals from $55
- Hotel Tru By Hilton Bowling Green, Kydeals from $88
- Hotel Hotel Home-Towne Suites Bowling Greendeals from $52
- Hotel Wingate by Wyndham Bowling Greendeals from $69
- Hotel Country Hearth Inn - Bowling Greendeals from $48
- Hotel Baymont Inn & Suites Bowling Greendeals from $60
More Top Hotels
- Comfort Suites
- Americas Best Value Inn
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bowling Green, KY
- Welcome! Beautiful, Clean, Peaceful Home In The Country
- Microtel Inn by Wyndham Bowling Green
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Bowling Green
- The Chestnut Room- The Colby
- Quality Inn Bowling Green
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Bowling Green
- Days Inn Bowling Green
- Hyatt Place Bowling Green
- Staybridge Suites Bowling Green
- The Candle Loft
- Super 8 Bowling Green North
- Courtyard Bowling Green Convention Center
- Hilton Garden Inn Bowling Green
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Bowling Green
- Cardinal Motel
- Close To Mammoth Caves, Corvettes, Beechbend, Wku, Nashville, Lost River Caves
- Red Roof Inn Bowling Green
- Kentucky Grand & Spa
- Very clean & private
- Holiday Inn University Plaza-Bowling Green
- Secluded 4 Bedroom Home With Built In Pool
- Holiday Inn Express Bowling Green
- In Town Farmhouse Experience-birdsnest Farm!
- Hampton Inn Bowling Green
- Drury Inn Bowling Green
- Best Western Bowling Green
- Super 8 Bowling Green South
- Lewis & Pearl Apartments
- Motel 6 Bowling Green
- The Hotel Sync
- Sumpter Villa - 1 Block To Wku Stadium & Close To Mammoth Cave & Lost River Cave
- Candlewood Suites Bowling Green
- Home2 Suites Bowling Green
- Ramada Bowling Green
- Quality Inn
- Wku & Bg Visitors- This Suite Retreat Is For You!
- Entire House/firepit. Three Upstairs Rooms/6 Beds/full Kitchen/roku Tv In Lr-br
- Relaxing Bowling Green Getaway!
- Hampton Inn By Hilton Bowling Green
- Spongie Acres Bed And Breakfast
- Hotels in Nashville 7623 Hotels deals from $49
- Hotels in Louisville 1903 Hotels deals from $39
- Hotels in Lexington 705 Hotels deals from $49
- Hotels in Pigeon Forge 5589 Hotels deals from $36
- Hotels in New York 15114 Hotels deals from $42
- Hotels in Myrtle Beach 11154 Hotels deals from $35
More Top Destinations
- Las Vegas
- Cave City
- New Orleans
- Virginia Beach
- St Louis
- Atlantic City
- Panama City Beach
- Washington D.C.
- Ocean City
- Miami Beach
- San Antonio
- Horse Cave
- Daytona Beach
- Fort Lauderdale
- Key West
- St. Augustine