Hotels in Canmore, Canada
- Comprehensive hotel search for Canmore online
- Find a cheap hotel in Canmore!
- Book at the ideal price!
Canmore, Alberta: the quintessential mountain vacation destination
A former coal mining town with a picturesque setting amid the Canadian Rockies, Canmore, Alberta enjoyed international fame in 1988, when it welcomed cross country skiers from all over the world to the Winter Olympic Games. Though many former (and future) Olympians make their home in Canmore today, the town has far more to offer than world-class skiing and snowboarding. Its spectacular alpine scenery provides as great a backdrop for mountain biking, camping, hiking, and canoeing in warmer months, while the art galleries, gourmet restaurants, and boutique shops in its vibrant, yet laid-back downtown welcome travellers in every season.
It’s snow big deal.
While Canmore’s reputation as a premier destination for winter sports is well deserved, you do not need Olympic ambitions to enjoy its incredible snow. The Canmore Nordic Centre’s impeccably groomed network of trails includes routes well suited to beginners as well as terrain that challenges Canada’s National Cross Country and Biathlon Teams. Downhill skiers at all levels are similarly spoiled for choice: at Sunshine Village, the pioneer ski resort in Banff National Park, you’ll find everything from gentle bunny hills to Delirium Dive, one of the top ten off-piste destinations in the world. The resort is also home to Sunshine Mountain Lodge: it is one of the most luxurious hotels in the park, and only reachable on skis. The Nakiska Ski Resort, 30 minutes east, is popular for its extended season and brand-new tube park, while Mount Norquay, a 20-minute drive west, offers the only night skiing in Banff-Lake Louise. Though not (yet!) Olympic sports, ice climbing and dog sledding also await adventurous travellers here.
Happy trails and raging rivers.
Outdoor adventure does not end when the snow melts in Canmore: travellers simply swap their skis for a mountain bike before heading back to the Canmore Nordic Centre. It offers over 60 miles of trail to explore on two wheels, as well as the Mountain Bike Skills Park, where you can practice dirt jumps, bridges, drops, and skinnies. Spring, summer, and fall are also spectacularly scenic times of year for hiking or climbing in the Canadian Rockies, and the Canmore area has trails to suit all levels. Beginners love routes such as the Grassi Lakes Trail, which winds past a stunning waterfall, while experts can enjoy incredible views of the Bow Valley from the summit of Lady MacDonald, or scramble among the boulders of Mount Yamnuska. Canoeing and stand-up paddleboarding are two of the most popular ways to experience the pristine Bow River, which runs through the heart of downtown Canmore, while the nearby Kicking Horse River offers some of the most exciting white water in the Rockies.
The great indoors.
Though heart-pumping, outdoorsy pursuits are undeniably a big part of the mountain lifestyle, Canmore’s incredible natural beauty is also a rich source of artistic inspiration, and the town is home to a thriving creative community. The rich array of original art galleries downtown includes works in just about every medium, from jewellery and sculpture to photography and painting. There is something here to suit almost every taste. Canmore tempts hungry travellers with award-winning gourmet eateries as well as casual pubs, trendy cafes, and the “most Romantic Restaurant in the Rockies”. And it will probably not surprise you to learn that accommodation options here are as diverse as the menus: with everything from luxurious penthouse condos and cosy cabins for romantic getaways to campgrounds and mountain resort hotels that practically guarantee an unforgettable family vacation, Canmore has a place for everyone.
Bright lights, big city.
Though it may feel entirely removed from the hustle and bustle of urban life, Canmore is located just 55 miles west of Calgary, the glittering centre of Canada’s booming oil industry and the capital of Alberta. The city is perhaps most famous for the Calgary Stampede: affectionately known as the “Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth,” the annual rodeo and celebration of western culture takes place over ten days in July. However, there are plenty of other reasons to visit Cowtown, such as a hockey game at the Saddledome, home ice to the Calgary Flames, a historic NHL team. Travelling as a family? Take your little ones to see animals from around the world at the Calgary Zoo, ride the rollercoasters at Calaway Park, or travel back in time at the Heritage Park Historical Village.
Price rangefrom $56to $374
- Hotel Canmore Inn & Suitesdeals from $61
- Hotel Big Horndeals from $41
- Hotel Rundle Mountain Lodgedeals from $48
- Hotel Dog Friendly in the Majestic Rockiesdeals from $82
- Hotel Grande Rockies Resort - Bellstar Hotels & Resortsdeals from $56
More Top Hotels
- Blackstone Mountain Lodge by Clique
- Silver Creek Lodge
- Solara Resort and Spa - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts
- Coast Canmore Hotel
- Hotel Stoneridge Mountain Resort By Clique
- Falcon Crest Lodge by Clique
- The Summit At Grande Rockies
- Holiday Inn Canmore
- Newly Renovated 2 Bedroom Condo At Banff National Park Gate With Bbq, Hot Tub
- Canmore Rocky Mountain Inn
- Pocaterra Inn & Waterslide
- Lady Macdonald Country Inn
- Super 8 Canmore
- Quality Resort Chateau Canmore
- Mökki Mountain Suite - Corner Unit With Mtn Views
- Windtower Lodge & Suites
- Days Inn Canmore
- WorldMark Canmore Banff
- Mountain View Inn
- Hotel The Georgetown Inn
- Clique Hotels & Resorts - Canmore Ab ~ RA149584
- The Gateway Inn
- Rundle Ridge Chalets
- Fenwick Vacation Rentals Luxury Mountain Condo
- Your Epic Rocky Mountain Stay Awaits! Upgrade To A Whole Vacation #happytrails!
- Lodges At Canmore - Luxury 1 Bedroom Suite With Mountain View & Private Bbq
- Mystic Springs Chalets & Hot Pools
- Cozy 1 Bedroom Canmore Condo - Mountain Getaway!
- Top Floor With Amazing Views, Premium Suite, Premium Stayz Canmore
- Luxury One Bedroom Condo In Town Of Canmore
- Luxury Condo In Solara Resort & Spa
- Newly Renovated 2 Bedroom Condo In The Heart Of The Rocky Mountains!
- Sunfilled Luxury Suite In 5 Star Solara Resort & Spa
- Spacious, Spectacular Canmore Condo Close to Everything & Views Views Views!
- Mountain View Cozy 2-Storey Chalet, 2 Bedrooms , 2 Bath, Hot Tub, BBQ
- Luxury 2br 2ba Condo, Indoor Parking, Heated Pool, Hot Tubs & Fitness Center
- Super Studio With King Bed At Falconcrest Lodge. Amazing
- Fenwick Vacation Rentals Inviting Rocky Mountain In Top Rated Condo
- Hotels in Banff 203 Hotels deals from $48
- Hotels in Calgary 2141 Hotels deals from $49
- Hotels in Las Vegas 7517 Hotels deals from $20
- Hotels in Lake Louise 32 Hotels deals from $80
- Hotels in Seattle 6882 Hotels deals from $56
- Hotels in Edmonton 1151 Hotels deals from $49
More Top Destinations
- New York
- San Francisco
- San Diego
- Myrtle Beach
- Kananaskis Village
- Los Angeles
- San Antonio
- New Orleans
- Atlantic City
- Virginia Beach
- Red Deer
- Ocean City
- Miami Beach
- Washington D.C.
- Niagara Falls
- Lincoln City
- Pigeon Forge
- Panama City Beach
- Salt Lake City
- Palm Springs
- Key West
- Fort Lauderdale