Hotels in Cape May, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Cape May online
- Find a cheap hotel in Cape May!
- Book at the ideal price!
THE NATION’S OLDEST SEASHORE RESORT
Cape May is a very special city in the US, and believed to be, as said in the title, America’s oldest seashore resort. Truth is, settlers were reported to reach the city as early as the 17th century, long before the USA even existed. This has a strong impact on what you will see in Cape May: many houses, hotels and b&bs are actually old Victorian buildings of great charm. You will love seeing these witch-like houses, and even staying in them!
A VACATION IN LUXURY
In Cape May, you can treat yourself to what you really deserve. If your daily life is made of stressful deadlines to meet and important meetings, come relax and forget all about it for a divine vacation. Cape May knows how to treat its guests.
Don’t miss out on the food culture here. The East Coast in general is known for its food, and in particular its seafood, and Cape May is no exception. Try a freshly caught lobster for your delight. Aside from that, several operators in this small town offer food tours of the city and its surroundings, where you can discover the many marvels that may land on your plate. To complement this experience, nothing better than a self-guided winery tour, where you can discover the many vineyards in the area and taste their home-grown production.
If you need a hotel to soothe your appetite for luxury, aim at one of the city’s classics, the Angel of the Sea. Located half a block away from the beach, this place will give you the good treatment you deserve. Enjoy accommodation in an authentic Victorian building with a rich architecture!
Lounging at your hotel and enjoying spa treatments may be enough for you. But in case it isn’t, Cape May offers enough activities so you never get bored! Have you been to the beach already? No problem, you can also gear up and go play a round of golf! The county is home to several courses where you can relax for a few hours and practice your swing.
Other than that, who would recommend missing the Cape May Jazz Festival? In the evening, get out of your hotel to enjoy the city’s fresh ocean air, and listen to some world-known virtuosi while sipping at a drink near the sea… Who wouldn’t envy such a life?
And of course, in case you feel like a little trip to the casino, don’t forget that Atlantic City is not even an hour’s drive away! Some of the world’s most famous casinos, but that’s not all there is there, you are in for more surprises!
FOR A CONVENIENT AND FUN VACATION WITH YOUR KIDS
If you’re in Cape May with your kids, you will not risk a second of boredom, even on a rainy day. When the weather makes it possible, you shouldn’t miss the beach at any rate, of course! Your children will have the greatest fun on those beaches, while bathing in the Atlantic, a beautiful ocean which will give you all a nice breath of fresh air!
By now you already know that Cape May is known for being a town shaped by Victorian influence. Therefore, it seems logical to educate your kids about this special heritage! To do so, a good idea would be to take them to the Victorian Museum, which will teach you and them all about this era. The museum features a family-friendly interactive tour, so you children can have fun learning.
To further experience this immersion in the Victorian age, you could get a hotel shaped by the city’s architectural model! The Wilbraham Mansion is a good example thereof! Apparently, many guests at that hotel had a positive opinion about this bed & breakfast with Victorian standards, so you and your family should love it.
Speaking about educating your kids, Cape May also gives you a chance to let them learn about the animal kingdom. You can seize this opportunity from various angles. For instance, you can take a trip to the Cape May County Zoo to make a change in your daily schedule, if you get tired of the beach. The entrance to the zoo is free of charge, but you can make a donation to help support the zoo’s activities. When you see how good the animals look, you will understand why many visitors have made donations before, and that the zoo made the best use of them. See some splendid creatures from all around the world and watch your kids marvel at them!
The Nature Center also has educational programs for children! With an incredible selection of family-oriented programs, especially in summer, the problem won’t be finding one you like: you will want to do them all! You can discover the Jersey Shore’s marine biodiversity, and also go birding with a guide who can tell you all about the species you see. A great way to awaken the little ones’ curiosity towards nature, and grasp the beauty of the planet we live on and its wildlife.
Apart from that, if you’re just looking for a day of fun which represents an alternative to the beach, you can safely opt for Splash Zone Water Park. This very popular park has several venues across the US. The one in Cape May is rated very positively all around the web. In some water parks, it feels like one or more age categories are left out compared to others. But there, you can enjoy rides for all ages, and even the smallest children are in for some fun!
RECOMMENDATIONS TO DISCOVER THE REGION COMFORTABLY
Cape May is a friendly place for everyone. If you’re looking for a comfortable place by the sea to spend a nice vacation, you have just stumbled upon an option that you would be well-advised to consider.
NJ is a place where you will always feel welcome, especially in Cape May’s hotels. With an undeniable sense of luxury, this city will let you experience its great sense of hospitality. This will especially be the case at the Marquis de Lafayette: this location will give you no other option than to enjoy your vacation! The hotel matches the high standards set by its French name.
There, everybody is welcome, even your pet! Rather than paying a fortune for pet sitting or for a pension, why don’t you bring your animal friend with you so they can enjoy a vacation as well? At any rate, your furry companions will be welcome at several hotels in the town of Cape May.
As for activities, there is a variety of ways to tour through the town. You can either embark on a trolley or climb on a horse to discover it from every possible angle! Several operators even offer romantic carriage rides, for some quality time with your significant other.
Make the most of New Jersey’s food culture, by visiting Cape May’s many seafood restaurants. Savor freshly caught fish and your taste buds will be grateful! The town and its surroundings also are home to several breweries, some of which offer home-made beer. In the United States, independent breweries are continuously growing and attracting interest, so go with the flow and discover how well the locals can make beer!
If you want to find out a bit about the town’s history, you can always head to the Historic Town Center, which is home to all kind of exhibits. Thanks to them, you can educate yourself about the special history of Cape May. The highlight of this place is a vintage firetruck!
The Cape May Point State Park also includes a lighthouse, which is always interesting to see. Climb the 199 steps to the top and enjoy a scenic view over Cape May and the Jersey Shore!
To make the most of the ocean’s close proximity, you shouldn’t pass on the many whale watching possibilities it offers. Take this unique opportunity to see the largest animals on earth, whales! With your captain, you can learn more about these fascinating mammals! You will be amazed at how tiny you feel when you see one of these gigantic creatures.
Price rangefrom $94to $501
- Hotel Aunt Annes Cottage - Historic Victorian In The Heart Of Cape Maydeals from $529
- Hotel Cape Harbor Motor Inndeals from $6
- Hotel Sea Crest Motor Inndeals from $146
- Hotel Congress Halldeals from $148
- Hotel La Mer Beachfront Inndeals from $157
- Hotel Chalfonte Bed & Breakfastdeals from $6
More Top Hotels
- The Grand
- The Buckingham
- Location, Location! Newly Renovated, First Floor Apartment, On-site Parking
- Madison Avenue Beach Club
- Heated Pool, 1/2 Block To The Beach, Totally Renovated
- Colton Court Motor Inn
- Avondale by the Sea
- Montreal Beach Resort
- Just Fully Remodeled. Modern Beach House. Walking Distance To Water.
- Newly renovated, one block to the beach, ocean view from front wrap around porch
- The Southern Mansion
- Charming Cape May Studio Apartment!
- Beach Block W/ Ocean View & Pool
- Old World Meets New Updates
- Elaines Cape May
- Angel of the Sea Bed & Breakfast
- Victorian Twin. All Seasons! Dog Friendly. Wi-fi.
- Unique Beach Block Cape May 2nd Floor Apt.
- Magnificent Victorian ... Historic District
- Cozy Downtown 2nd Floor Condo Sleeps 4 Only 3.5 Blocks To Beach
- Periwinkle Inn
- Cozy Pet Friendly Cape May Cottage With Fenced In Yard.
- Whalers Cottage - Classic Cape Cod
- Spacious & Comfortable Home Just A 2 Minute Walk To Ocean And Boardwalk!
- The Star
- 1st Floor Family Home On Quiet Street Short Walk To Beach,restaurants & Shopping
- Village Green Quad Beach Retreat
- The Beach Shack
- 1/2 Block To The Beach - All New - 5 Bed/5 Bathocean Views From 2nd Floor
- Desirable Quiet Beach Town. Brand New! 2 Blocks From Bay, Ample Parking!
- 2 Bd / 1 Ba Home Close To Beach - Now Renting For 2018!
- Cape May Condo Getaway W/ Rooftop Deck, Onsite Parking, 1/2 Block To The Beach
- Perfectly Situated, Completely Updated 1920s Colonial
- Pet Friendly Home Steps From The Bay Beach
- Icona Cape May
- Leith Hall
- Steps to the Beach: Only a Few Weeks of Summer Fun Left at 16 Jefferson
- Capri Motor Lodge
- Hotel The Virginia
- Newly Renovated Beautiful Corner Property With Cozy Beach Vibe
- Hotels in Wildwood 945 Hotels deals from $52
- Hotels in Atlantic City 547 Hotels deals from $31
- Hotels in Wildwood Crest 704 Hotels deals from $55
- Hotels in Ocean City 6440 Hotels deals from $37
- Hotels in New York 15107 Hotels deals from $42
- Hotels in North Wildwood 637 Hotels deals from $58
More Top Destinations
- Rehoboth Beach
- Diamond Beach
- Virginia Beach
- Washington D.C.
- Rio Grande
- Seaside Heights
- Myrtle Beach
- Mount Laurel
- Cape May Court House
- Jersey City
- Dewey Beach
- Egg Harbor Township
- Ocean City
- Las Vegas
- Stone Harbor
- Somers Point
- Toms River
- Pigeon Forge