Hotels in Carmel-by-the-Sea, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Carmel-by-the-Sea online
- Find a cheap hotel in Carmel-by-the-Sea!
- Book at the ideal price!
Carmel-by-the-Sea is a USA star attraction
Take an attractive location. Then combine it with a small slice of European influence and sprinkle with that unmistakable USA style. Finally, top it with the joyous benefits of this sunny Californian climate and the result is; Carmel-by-the-Sea. This coast-clinging village is not just bursting with shops, restaurants and activities; but also with captivating bags of style and quintessential character. Carmel enjoys real star billing; a factor which is readily acknowledged by its many celebrity visitors and residents. This picturesque one square mile, charm offensive resort is constantly listed as one of the USA’s top 10 visitor attractions.
Finding freebies in Carmel, CA
Ocean Avenue is the commercial hub of Carmel by the Sea and is always a major draw for USA and overseas visitors. It runs through the village to the sandy beach and Pacific Ocean at the far end. This main strip houses an incredible variety of shops, bars, restaurants and galleries. There are also many adjacent smaller streets, so it doesn’t take long for the savvy shopper to discover the further delights of Scenic Road, Dolores Street, Mission Street and other avenues of appeal. Most catering establishments in Carmel promote a daily Happy Hour with free drink and food samples set as a trap to lure your return custom. Take note of these events and their advertised times because it’s possible to wine and dine on this basis for next to nothing. Everywhere is extremely busy, but Carmel’s character never falters. They take a dim view of Neon here and Carmel is free of those impersonal hotel and catering chains.
Discovering Carmel and the Monterey Peninsula
A prime architectural feature of Carmel is Mission San Carlos Borroméo del río Carmelo. There are also many more museums, art galleries and quirky places of interest than you would reasonably expect to find in a place of this size. A latter example includes the gravity defying rocks at Gravity Garden. Natural History buffs flock to the Scenic Bluff Path. This extends from Carmel Beach, which is on the crest of the wave for surfer popularity, to the concentration of bird-life at Carmel River State Beach. Point Lobos State Natural Reserve, with its Whaling Museum, is another essential on the list of places to visit. Carmel itself lies between Point Lobos and Pebble Beach. This location, just off Highway One is both accessible and idyllic. Because Carmel is so compact, its appealing features are within ambling distance of many of its hotels. Yes, the place is now blighted by tourists and yes again, parking is an absolute nightmare. These factors don’t really detract though from Carmel’s unique, stylish and characterful qualities.
Carmel is a family favourite destination
Young and old continue to fall happily under Carmel’s spell. A prime haunt for energetic hikers is Ribera Beach, sometimes known as Middle Beach. A favourite with locals too, it lies within the Ohlone Coast Cultural Preserve. The area also draws photographers who relish those dramatic shots of Pacific waves thundering on to the rocks. Such is the enthusiasm for beach volleyball that even those dawn-greeting early birds find that some folk have arrived just that bit earlier. There’s a good competitive vibe though; everyone is super-friendly and it’s great to see all age groups enjoying this activity in complete harmony. Surfing is a perennial list-topper in Cartmel. Nearby Monterey Bay is one of a number of famously popular surfing beaches. Hotels in Carmel, as you might expect, offer package deals that are inclusive of tuition in a number of activities. These include surfing lessons. Don’t go into a worrying wobble. Whatever your level of expertise may be, there is always a course to fit the bill. You’re bound to fall in!
Rubbing along with the rich and famous
Everyone strives for that elusive millionaire lifestyle but here, in Carmel-by-the-Sea, you can rub padded shoulders with those who have actually made it. Even they need to hang out somewhere and in the USA, they are hard-pressed to find anywhere finer than Carmel. They, like you, are smitten with its irresistible, traditionally styled cottages, shops, hotels and overall appeal. The place really does have an irresistible buzz. Architecture, lush greenery and floral decorations, all combine to create a truly intoxicating visitor experience. Celebrities’ chauffeur-driven cars flock to annual events such as Pebble Beach Pro-Am and Tour d'Elegance. It’s, frankly, difficult to imagine where else they would rather be. Don’t expect to bump into them in your hotel, though. Many celebs actually live here. Who can blame them? Carmel combines to perfection; style, rustic charm and a champagne lifestyle. Grasp the opportunity and enjoy true quality in a setting which still manages to offer a glance back in time to the way things used to be.
Price rangefrom $92to $490
- Hotel Carmel Resort Inndeals from $43
- Hotel Newly Remodeled Downtown Cottage. 1 Block To Shops, Eats. 5 Blks To The Beachdeals from $217
- Hotel Hotel Carmel Inn & Suitesdeals from $92
- Hotel Hyatt Carmel Highlands Overlooking Big Sur Coast & Highlands Inndeals from $222
- Hotel Hotel Carmel Mission Inndeals from $87
- Hotel Newly remodeled Ocean Hideaway in Downtown Carmeldeals from $5
More Top Hotels
- Horizon Inn and Ocean View Lodge
- Carmel River Inn
- Charming, Relaxing And Romantic Cottage In The Heart Of Carmel-by-the-sea
- Carmel 1 Bedroom Executive Suite With Stunning Ocean Views
- Clarion Collection Carmel by the Sea
- Tradewinds Carmel
- Atherton Cottage Has Ocean And Point Lobos Views & Two Fireplaces!
- Quail Lodge & Golf Club
- Charming Beach Cottage On Carmel Point! - Fully Renovated, Short Walk To Beach!
- Hotel Colonial Terrace
- Turnkey Walk To Town Retreat
- Forest Lodge
- Charming Carmel House - Short Walk To 2 Beaches
- Hofsas House
- Carmel Fireplace Inn
- Carmel Enchanted Oaks Lovely Retreat In The Treetops Gorgeous, Peaceful, Private
- Vendange Carmel Inn & Suites
- Red Barn Cottage: The Perfect Base For Activities And Adventures.
- Hotel Pine Inn
- New, Luxury, Sunny, Gated Home In Heart Of Carmel-by-the-sea (4br+/3ba)
- Spectacular Carmel Coast Retreat
- Littlehouse In The Redwoods
- Steps To Carmel Beach, In The Golden Rectangle. The Perfect Location!
- Chateau De Renaitre
- Monte Verde Inn
- The Vagabond's House
- Downtown Carmel - Walk To Everything! - 1br/2ba Exec Suite A
- Close-in Carmel Valley 2 Bedroom Guest House With Private Patio & Water Fountain
- La Playa Carmel
- Candle Light Inn
- Hotel Hofsas House
- Carmel Valley Mid Century Modern
- Carmel Bay View Inn
- Charming Cottage Steps To Carmel Beach Carmel Point
- Sea View Inn
- Stunning Ranch Home With Ocean Views
- Mountaintop estate w/ spectacular views.Newly renovated state of the Art kitchen
- Charming Coastal Cottage Comfortable Living Indoor And Out
- Beautiful Home, Nicely Furnished, Nice Kitchen, Sleeps 10, Off Street Parking
- Perfect Vacation Rental For Walking To The Beach Or A Round Of Golf
- Private, Newly Remodeled Home With All The Amenities. Easy Access To All Events.
- 3br-2.5ba Charming, Immaculate, Private Carmel Home
- Cypress Inn
- Opulent Beauty Awaits You By The Sea
- Hotels in Monterey 481 Hotels deals from $30
- Hotels in Pacific Grove 545 Hotels deals from $68
- Hotels in San Francisco 6926 Hotels deals from $28
- Hotels in Santa Cruz 889 Hotels deals from $47
- Hotels in Seaside 277 Hotels deals from $44
- Hotels in San Jose 2097 Hotels deals from $26
More Top Destinations
- Las Vegas
- San Diego
- Los Angeles
- Pismo Beach
- Santa Barbara
- South San Francisco
- Morro Bay
- San Luis Obispo
- Santa Clara
- South Lake Tahoe
- Palm Springs
- Half Moon Bay
- Santa Monica
- Big Sur
- Long Beach
- Palo Alto
- Paso Robles
- Mountain View
- Redwood City
- San Mateo
- San Bruno
- San Simeon
- Morgan Hill
- Carmel Valley
- Pebble Beach