Hotels in Carmel-by-the-Sea, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Carmel-by-the-Sea online
- Find a cheap hotel in Carmel-by-the-Sea!
- Book at the ideal price!
Carmel-by-the-Sea is a USA star attraction
Take an attractive location. Then combine it with a small slice of European influence and sprinkle with that unmistakable USA style. Finally, top it with the joyous benefits of this sunny Californian climate and the result is; Carmel-by-the-Sea. This coast-clinging village is not just bursting with shops, restaurants and activities; but also with captivating bags of style and quintessential character. Carmel enjoys real star billing; a factor which is readily acknowledged by its many celebrity visitors and residents. This picturesque one square mile, charm offensive resort is constantly listed as one of the USA’s top 10 visitor attractions.
Finding freebies in Carmel, CA
Ocean Avenue is the commercial hub of Carmel by the Sea and is always a major draw for USA and overseas visitors. It runs through the village to the sandy beach and Pacific Ocean at the far end. This main strip houses an incredible variety of shops, bars, restaurants and galleries. There are also many adjacent smaller streets, so it doesn’t take long for the savvy shopper to discover the further delights of Scenic Road, Dolores Street, Mission Street and other avenues of appeal. Most catering establishments in Carmel promote a daily Happy Hour with free drink and food samples set as a trap to lure your return custom. Take note of these events and their advertised times because it’s possible to wine and dine on this basis for next to nothing. Everywhere is extremely busy, but Carmel’s character never falters. They take a dim view of Neon here and Carmel is free of those impersonal hotel and catering chains.
Discovering Carmel and the Monterey Peninsula
A prime architectural feature of Carmel is Mission San Carlos Borroméo del río Carmelo. There are also many more museums, art galleries and quirky places of interest than you would reasonably expect to find in a place of this size. A latter example includes the gravity defying rocks at Gravity Garden. Natural History buffs flock to the Scenic Bluff Path. This extends from Carmel Beach, which is on the crest of the wave for surfer popularity, to the concentration of bird-life at Carmel River State Beach. Point Lobos State Natural Reserve, with its Whaling Museum, is another essential on the list of places to visit. Carmel itself lies between Point Lobos and Pebble Beach. This location, just off Highway One is both accessible and idyllic. Because Carmel is so compact, its appealing features are within ambling distance of many of its hotels. Yes, the place is now blighted by tourists and yes again, parking is an absolute nightmare. These factors don’t really detract though from Carmel’s unique, stylish and characterful qualities.
Carmel is a family favourite destination
Young and old continue to fall happily under Carmel’s spell. A prime haunt for energetic hikers is Ribera Beach, sometimes known as Middle Beach. A favourite with locals too, it lies within the Ohlone Coast Cultural Preserve. The area also draws photographers who relish those dramatic shots of Pacific waves thundering on to the rocks. Such is the enthusiasm for beach volleyball that even those dawn-greeting early birds find that some folk have arrived just that bit earlier. There’s a good competitive vibe though; everyone is super-friendly and it’s great to see all age groups enjoying this activity in complete harmony. Surfing is a perennial list-topper in Cartmel. Nearby Monterey Bay is one of a number of famously popular surfing beaches. Hotels in Carmel, as you might expect, offer package deals that are inclusive of tuition in a number of activities. These include surfing lessons. Don’t go into a worrying wobble. Whatever your level of expertise may be, there is always a course to fit the bill. You’re bound to fall in!
Rubbing along with the rich and famous
Everyone strives for that elusive millionaire lifestyle but here, in Carmel-by-the-Sea, you can rub padded shoulders with those who have actually made it. Even they need to hang out somewhere and in the USA, they are hard-pressed to find anywhere finer than Carmel. They, like you, are smitten with its irresistible, traditionally styled cottages, shops, hotels and overall appeal. The place really does have an irresistible buzz. Architecture, lush greenery and floral decorations, all combine to create a truly intoxicating visitor experience. Celebrities’ chauffeur-driven cars flock to annual events such as Pebble Beach Pro-Am and Tour d'Elegance. It’s, frankly, difficult to imagine where else they would rather be. Don’t expect to bump into them in your hotel, though. Many celebs actually live here. Who can blame them? Carmel combines to perfection; style, rustic charm and a champagne lifestyle. Grasp the opportunity and enjoy true quality in a setting which still manages to offer a glance back in time to the way things used to be.
Price rangefrom $105to $564
- Hotel Horizon Inn and Ocean View Lodgefrom $155
- Hotel Hotel Carmel Mission Innfrom $100
- Hotel Carmel Resort Innfrom $49
- Hotel Hyatt Carmel Highlands Overlooking Big Sur Coast & Highlands Innfrom $255
- Hotel Clarion Collection Carmel by the Seafrom $90
- Hotel La Playa Carmelfrom $177
More Top Hotels
- Cypress Inn
- The Normandy Inn
- The Sandpiper Inn
- Quail Lodge & Golf Club
- Hotel Colonial Terrace
- Carmel Inn & Suites
- Lamp Lighter Inn & Sunset House Suites
- Carmel Fireplace Inn
- Hofsas House
- Sea View Inn
- Carmel Garden Inn
- Carmel Green Lantern Inn
- Carmel Bay View Inn
- Hotel Carmel Valley Ranch
- Carmel Lodge
- Pine Inn
- Monte Verde Inn
- Vendange Carmel Inn & Suites
- Carmel River Inn
- Briarwood Inn
- Forest Lodge
- Private Cottage In Carmel
- Carmel~enchanted Oaks~lovely Retreat In The Treetops~gorgeous, Peaceful, Private
- Downtown Carmel - Walk To Everything! - 1br/2ba Exec Suite A
- Private, Newly Remodeled Home With All The Amenities. Easy Access To All Events.
- Steps To Carmel Beach, In The Golden Rectangle. The Perfect Location!
- Dramatic Ocean View Custom Home 2 - 3 Bedrooms/ Bathrooms
- A Room With A Great View
- Le Petite Papillon ~ Walk To The Village Of Carmel
- Beautiful House In Carmel Woods Overlooking The Hatton Canyon.
- Ocean View French Country Cottage, Charming & Tranquil, Beach!
- Charming Cottage Steps To Carmel Beach Carmel Point
- Sweeping Panoramic Ocean View Estate Sleeps 12
- A Block From The Beach - Sky Way Cottage
- Big Sur Privacy. Carmel Location. Ocean View. Estate Sleeps 12
- Carmel 1 Bedroom Executive Suite With Stunning Ocean Views
- New, Luxury, Sunny, Gated Home In Heart Of Carmel-by-the-sea (4br+/3ba)
- Ocean Views, Steps to Secluded Beach, Hot Tub!
- Charming Coastal Cottage Comfortable Living Indoor And Out
- Tuckaway Has Ocean And Point Lobos Views & Is Pet Friendly !
- Cottage By The Sea.ocean Views W/lots Of Peace & Quiet - Pet Friendly !
- Carmel Jewel
- Five Acre Retreat, Great Location
- Hotels in Monterey 190 Hotels from $34
- Hotels in Pacific Grove 216 Hotels from $78
- Hotels in San Francisco 3030 Hotels from $32
- Hotels in Santa Cruz 365 Hotels from $54
- Hotels in Seaside 110 Hotels from $50
- Hotels in San Jose 494 Hotels from $30
More Top Destinations
- Las Vegas
- San Diego
- Los Angeles
- Pebble Beach
- Pismo Beach
- Santa Barbara
- South San Francisco
- Morro Bay
- San Luis Obispo
- Santa Clara
- South Lake Tahoe
- Palm Springs
- Half Moon Bay
- Santa Monica
- Big Sur
- Long Beach
- Palo Alto
- Paso Robles
- Mountain View
- Redwood City
- San Mateo
- San Bruno
- San Simeon
- Morgan Hill
- Carmel Valley