Accommodations in Thessaloniki near Aristotles Square (Thessaloniki, Greece)
Aristotles Square (Thessaloniki, Greece)
Aristotle Square is located in the center of Thessaloniki and is one of the main crossroads in the city. It is bordered by the promenade and the symbol of the city - the White Tower. Next to the plaza are the port, Thessaloniki market, some historical sites and churches from Roman times. On the square are placed some of the famous hotels in Thessaloniki, numerous shops and cafes, and office buildings. The place is a pedestrian zone and offers rest areas with benches and landscaped gardens with flowers. Aristotle Square is one of the few surviving places in Thessaloniki after the devastating fire in 1917. Architect of the square and large part of the city is Ernest Hebrard. At the square is located a bronze statue of the philosopher Aristotle. There is a tradition that tourists touch the toe of the statue and because of this the bronze there is shabby. The citizens use the square to celebrate some of the important events in the city, like Easter and New Year.
- Find the ideal hotel in the area
- Compare prices from different websites
- Book for a great price!
| Official hotel site
More Top Hotels
More Points of Interest - Aristotles Square
- Bansko Ski
- Lemnos Archeological Museum
- 5th Walk - The Upper City from the Olympics to the Acropolis and on the outskirts of the eastern
- Thesaloniki Port
- Thessaloniki Airport "Macedonia"
- 3rd Walk On the Market in Port Ayios Dimitrios the Western Walls and Fortress Bardariou
- Porto Carras Grand Resort Golf Club
- Ski Borovets
- To τρενάκι του Πηλίου
- Plastira Kalamaria