Accommodations in Washington D.C. near Capitol (Washington D.C., USA)
Capitol (Washington D.C., USA)
The Capitol was first built in 1793 by Stephen Ayers. After it was burned down it was rebuilt, extended and restored several times. The dome was conceived in the 1850s. The Capitol is considered to be the symbol of American democracy. The monument is a working office building with a 176 000m² visitor centre, situated underground in the eastern wing. The Exhibition Hall in the centre is entirely dedicated to the USA government legislative branch. The Capitol can be visited free of charge from 8.30am to 4.30pm every day except on Sundays and most bank holidays. Guided tours are available from 8.50am to 3.20pm. Opening hours for official business appointments start at 7.15am. Large bags and a list of other items, (viewable on their Internet site), are forbidden. Within the Visitor centre you’ll find a gift shop and a restaurant. The Visitor centre is entirely wheelchair friendly.
- Find the ideal hotel in the area
- Compare prices from different websites
- Book for a great price!
Telephone: +1(202)2256827 | Official hotel site
More Top Hotels
- Hotel Washington Plaza
- Hotel Waldorf Astoria Washington DC
- Hotel Holiday Inn Washington-Capitol
- Hotel Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square
- Hotel Hyatt Regency Washington On Capitol Hill
- Hotel Washington Hilton
- Hotel Hyatt Place Washington DC Georgetown West End
- Hotel Grand Hyatt Washington
- Hotel Yotel Washington DC
- Hotel The Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington, D.C.
- Hotel Holiday Inn Washington-Central/White House
- The Watergate Hotel