Accommodations in Washington D.C. near Smithsonian Folklife Festival (Washington D.C., USA)
Smithsonian Folklife Festival (Washington D.C., USA)
The Smithsonian Folklife Festival is an annual, outdoor event held on the National Mall in Washington, DC. The festival is held for 2 weeks during late June and early July, with a schedule that overlaps the United States’ Independence Day celebration (July 4). The purpose of the festival is to provide opportunities to explore the diversity of folkways around the globe, from the perspective that the United States is a multiethnic, multicultural society that draws from many traditions, old and new. Each year the festival selects specific focus areas from particular regions and presents a series of programs featuring crafts, performing arts, and foods typical of these cultures. Programs are largely interactive, and visitors are able to explore the folkways of featured cultures both as observers and participants. The festival as an event is under the umbrella of the Smithsonian Institution and, where appropriate, functions cooperatively with its sister organizations, which lend their expertise to developing each year’s themes and programs.
- Find the ideal hotel in the area
- Compare prices from different websites
- Book for a great price!
Telephone: +1 (202) 6336440 | Fax: +1 (202) 6336474 | Official hotel site
More Top Hotels
- Hotel Washington Plaza
- Hotel Waldorf Astoria Washington DC
- Hotel Holiday Inn Washington-Capitol
- Hotel Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square
- Hotel Hyatt Regency Washington On Capitol Hill
- Hotel Washington Hilton
- Hotel Hyatt Place Washington DC Georgetown West End
- Hotel Grand Hyatt Washington
- Hotel Yotel Washington DC
- Hotel The Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington, D.C.
- Hotel Holiday Inn Washington-Central/White House
- The Watergate Hotel