Accommodations in Washington D.C. near Smithsonian National Zoological Park (Washington D.C., USA)
Smithsonian National Zoological Park (Washington D.C., USA)
The National Zoo, located in Washington’s Rock Creek Park, is part of the Smithsonian Institution. Founded in 1889, it is one of the oldest zoos in the nation. The public portion of the zoo consists of 163 acres of urban parkland in north-west Washington. The non-public portion is a 3200-acre Conservation and Research Center near Front Royal in Virginia. The National Zoo has a dual mandate: (1) to provide an environment in which visitors can observe and learn about animals from around the world and (2) to conduct practical scientific research toward helping to care for animals and to preserve the Earth’s biological diversity. These facilities care for over 2000 animals. About 20% of the animals housed at the National Zoo represent endangered species. Probably its best known residents are the giant pandas, the original pair being a gift to the United States from the People’s Republic of China. Other popular residents include big cats, bears, great apes, elephants, and birds of prey. The National Zoo is open the year-round. Guest services include gift shops, educational programs, and dining facilities. Admission is free, but fees are charged for parking.
- Find the ideal hotel in the area
- Compare prices from different websites
- Book for a great price!
Telephone: +1 (202) 6334800 | Fax: +1 (202) 6734916 | Official hotel site
More Top Hotels
- Hotel Washington Plaza
- Hotel Waldorf Astoria Washington DC
- Hotel Holiday Inn Washington-Capitol
- Hotel Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square
- Hotel Hyatt Regency Washington On Capitol Hill
- Hotel Washington Hilton
- Hotel Hyatt Place Washington DC Georgetown West End
- Hotel Grand Hyatt Washington
- Hotel Yotel Washington DC
- Hotel The Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington, D.C.
- Hotel Holiday Inn Washington-Central/White House
- The Watergate Hotel