Accommodations in Washington D.C. near White House (Washington D.C., USA)
White House (Washington D.C., USA)
The White House, made of Aquia sandstone painted white, has been a home to American Presidents for over 200 years, ever since President George Washington decided so. The Irish-born architect James Hoban won, amongst 8 other competitors, the Presidential Palace Project. Its construction began in October 1792 and first occupants, President John Adams and his wife, Abigail, moved in in 1800. Presidents throughout time have added their particular touches, renovations or artistic additions and since its existence, except during war times, the White House has always been of free access to the public. The building contains 6 levels, 132 rooms, 35 bathrooms, 8 staircases and 3 lifts. The White House kitchens have 5 full time chefs who can serve up to 140 guests. Recreational activities within the White House include tennis, a swimming pool, a jogging track, a movie theatre and a bowling ally.
- Find the ideal hotel in the area
- Compare prices from different websites
- Book for a great price!
Telephone: +1(202)4561111 | Fax: +1(202)4562461 | Official hotel site
More Top Hotels
- Hotel Washington Plaza
- Hotel Waldorf Astoria Washington DC
- Hotel Holiday Inn Washington-Capitol
- Hotel Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square
- Hotel Hyatt Regency Washington On Capitol Hill
- Hotel Washington Hilton
- Hotel Hyatt Place Washington DC Georgetown West End
- Hotel Grand Hyatt Washington
- Hotel Yotel Washington DC
- Hotel The Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington, D.C.
- Hotel Holiday Inn Washington-Central/White House
- The Watergate Hotel