Hotels in Estes Park, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Estes Park online
- Find a cheap hotel in Estes Park!
- Book at the ideal price!
Estes Park - Colorado
The small city of Estes Park is the gateway to the Rock Mountain National Park of Colorado, situated a couple of hours’ drive north of Denver. Thousands of visitors come through the area each year and Estes Park is often used as a base for trips to the surrounding mountains. As a result, there are a variety of amenities to be found, offering a chance to stock up before heading into the wilderness and beauty of the national park. The city itself provides many activities and points of interest, with nature and adventure being the prominent theme for all demographics.
Exploring downtown Estes Park
Estes Park in its modern form was founded in the mid nineteenth century and has always been focused around tourism due to its picturesque location and proximity to the Rocky Mountains. The city is situated in a valley and thus heading up the hillsides in any direction can provide excellent panoramic views, plus is also a great way to understand the orientation of the city. There is only a small permanent population living in Estes Park, but especially during the summer months it becomes a thriving place with tourists from across the globe. The city centre is focused around East Elkhorn Street and the immediate surroundings; an area packed full of shops, restaurants and bars. The city’s accommodation options then spread outwards from here, with some of the larger hotels in Estes Park found towards the hillsides at the edge of the city. As to be expected with such a tourist-oriented destination, there is an abundance of accommodation options from small hotels and campgrounds up to the most luxurious all-inclusive resorts.
An array of cuisine, nightlife and shopping
Visitors to Estes Park are not short of options when it comes to dining or bar-hopping; there are restaurants, cafes and bars to suit all needs, with several international specialties represented. American cuisine features heavily with burger-joints and steakhouses plus local delicacies and wild game on offer, but also Italian, Nepalese, Mexican and Eastern-Asian eateries can be found. Similarly, the bars range from taverns and sports pubs to high-end cocktail bars. Shopping wise, there is a wide assortment of specialist outdoor stores catering to the hiking and adventure tourism market. Souvenir shops are a plenty, selling everything Rocky Mountain related, in addition, there are a few small boutiques which offer a selection of Native American art and cultural products. For visitors who are self-catering or needing to stock up before heading into the national park, there are a few supermarkets and grocery stores across the city as well. The compact nature of the area ensures that most of these amenities are within walking distance of any of the Estes Park, Colorado hotels.
Museums, historic architecture and cultural events
Aside from the commercial activities in the city centre, Estes Park is also home to unique, cultural events and points of interest. The Estes Park Museum offers a good overview of the city’s history and founding, whilst the Macgregor Ranch and Museum showcases the life of the some of the early settlers to Estes Park. Possibly the most iconic building in the area is the Stanley Hotel, dating back to the start of the twentieth century. Indeed, it is one of the most scenic hotels in Estes Park or Colorado in general and is consequently a very well-photographed spot. Lake Estes is another well-frequented point of interest with photographers trying to capture the mountain tops mirrored by the lake. Throughout the year there are several events going on in the city, The Longs Peak Scottish and Irish Highland Festival each September and the Elk Fest shortly after, are two of the more popular events, during which the city’s atmosphere is lively and festive.
Adventure time; hiking, climbing and wildlife
Much of the appeal of Estes Park is of course its proximity to nature and this forms the bulk of the activities in the area. The local wildlife is very popular with visitors, animals such as elk, deer and bighorn sheep can be seen roaming around the edges of town. There are also tours which help visitors get closer to the wildlife, plus horse-riding trips into the hillsides too. Fishing is another well-attended activity in the nearby lakes and rivers, whilst further afield there are also whitewater rafting and kayaking opportunities. The Open-Air Adventure Park, plus a variety of summer camps provide further outdoor, family-friendly fun. During the winter months, cross-country skiing and snowshoeing form the basis of adventure, ensuring Estes Park is a very desirable destination for outdoor lovers and families all year round. Moreover, there are endless trails, mountain climbing spots and other outdoor adventures to be found inside the Rocky Mountain National Park, many visitors therefore use Estes Park as a base to adventure from.
Price rangefrom $51to $226
- Hotel Rustic Cabin Tucked In The Pinesdeals from $5
- Hotel Luxury Rocky Mountain River Retreat By Redawningdeals from $268
- Hotel Loveland Heights Cottagesdeals from $5
- Hotel Alpine Trail Ridge Inndeals from $79
- Hotel On River, Hot Tub, Wonderful Spa Cabin, Mountain Views, 4 Bedrm/3 Bathdeals from $102
- Hotel Brynwood On The Riverdeals from $68
More Top Hotels
- The Stanley Hotel
- Grandmas Cabin - A Cozy Cabin For A Special Mountain Getaway!
- Twin Owls Motor Lodge
- 420 friendly Sundance Suite w/ mountain views. Dogs ok. Jacuzzi Tub Close 2 Town
- Worldmark Estes Park
- Cozy Cabin For Two With Private Hot Tub And Central Location
- Riverview Pines
- Appenzell Inn
- Sheep Mountain 20b - 2 Br Condo With Private Hot Tub, Marys Lake And Mountain Views
- Ponderosa Lodge
- Riverwood On Fall River
- Rocky Mountain Hotel & Conference Center
- Blue Door Inn
- Charming Cottage With Lake View
- Murphy's River Lodge
- Stunning Brand New Upscale Condo, Beautiful Mountain Views, Ac, Wifi!
- Mountain View Delight - Minutes From Downtown And Rocky Mtn Park - Pet Friendly
- The Historic Crags Lodge
- The Pine Cone
- Downtown Luxury Loft- Hurry, Summer Is Filling Up Fast!
- Swiftcurrent Lodge
- Colorado Cottages
- Columbine Inn
- Estes Park Condos
- The Ridgeline Hotel Estes Park
- Fall River Getaway - On The River! World Class Fishing From Your Back Door! -- E.v. Reg# 6086
- Murphy's Resort
- Spacious 4 Bedroom Home Next To Rocky Mountain National Park, By Ymca
- Welcome To Your Vacation In Estes Park, Brand-New, 2 Bed 2 Bath Near Rmnp
- Hummingbird In The Rockies
- Spectacular View Of Rocky Mountains! Available For Christmas!
- Cozy Cottage With Outdoor Fire Pit And Grill Near River, Downtown
- Boulder Brook On Fall River
- Ouzel Peak 22a - 2 Br Condo With Marys Lake And Mountain Views!
- Historic Downtown Cabin W/ Hot Tub Walking Distance To Attractions Close To Rmnp
- New! 3br Condo 5 Mins From Downtown Estes Park!
- Peaceful Cabin, Completely Remodeled, Spectacular Views, 1mile To Downtown, Wifi
- Peak To Peak Lodge
- The Haber
- Spacious Ranch House With Hot Tub, Mountain Views And A Top Notch Furnishings.
- 420 Friendly;-) Mummy Mtn Suite Jacuzzi - Fireplace, Wifi Town Close - Dogs Ok
- #9 Walk To All Downtown Shopping From This Modern Riverside Condo
- Stylish Vacation Condo In Estes Park
- Hotels in Denver 6178 Hotels deals from $31
- Hotels in Fort Collins 911 Hotels deals from $43
- Hotels in Boulder 1596 Hotels deals from $67
- Hotels in Las Vegas 10717 Hotels deals from $16
- Hotels in Colorado Springs 3486 Hotels deals from $36
- Hotels in Loveland 386 Hotels deals from $20
More Top Destinations
- Winter Park
- Steamboat Springs
- Glenwood Springs
- Black Hawk
- New York
- Wheat Ridge
- San Diego
- Greenwood Village
- Grand Lake
- San Francisco
- San Antonio
- Grand Junction
- Snowmass Village
- Myrtle Beach
- New Orleans
- Beaver Creek
- Los Angeles
- Crested Butte