Hotels in Eureka Springs, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Eureka Springs online
- Find a cheap hotel in Eureka Springs!
- Book at the ideal price!
Eureka Springs has a uniquely spirited appeal
Searchers of real character resorts in the USA need look no further than Eureka Springs in Arkansas. Several floors of some buildings are accessed from the same street; they are so steep. There are no traffic lights here and topsy turvy town planning is evidenced in non-symmetrical street layouts. Originally, the health benefits of the famous spring waters formed the basis of the town’s popularity. Quirkily, they are now deemed unfit to drink. It’s that sort of place; oozing with charisma and unique charm; plus there are some rumoured ghostly happenings that go bump in the night.
Much of this is true; believe it or not
There are seven storeys to Basin Park Hotel and all are accessed from ground level. You’ll enter St. Elizabeth’s Catholic Church via the bell tower and the original main street is now one level underground. Architecturally, only Sears Tower, the Empire State and Chrysler Buildings are superior to Eureka Springs’ Pivot Rock Thorncrown Chapel. The neon sign over the Palace Bath House was the first to be installed west of the Mississippi River. In this city of conundrums, it’s quite easy to accept that Jesse James actually did hide out in the surrounding caves. During the 19th century, it was the dubiously curative properties of the spring water that drew those trusting crowds. Nowadays, it is a beguiling number of unique characteristics that make Eureka Springs in Arkansas such an unusual place to visit. It comes as no surprise to learn that Eureka Springs was a favourite of Robert Ripley of Ripley’s Believe It or Not fame.
A spirited choice of accommodation
Everything about Eureka Springs is just so different. This includes hotel and accommodation choices. By now, there’ll be a shrug of the shoulders when you learn that the famous Crescent Hotel is one of the most haunted buildings; not just in Arkansas, but in the entirety of the USA. There are guided ghost tours and residents could find that any night-time noise may not attributed to the rowdiness of other guests. There are further accommodation possibilities that are bound to thrill kids and adults. If, in the past, you haven’t considered Hobbit cave, castle or treehouse living, things are about to change, here in Eureka Springs. Also worth consideration are selections of teepees, cabooses and yurts. Finally, hope springs eternal with an appealing range of traditional hotels, bed and breakfasts and apartments. Whatever your own choice may be, it’s worth taking note of the resort’s nicknames that include Little Switzerland and The Stepstair Town. If there’s a problem with steep slopes or stairs; you should ascertain the accommodation’s precise location before confirming the booking.
There’s a passion that runs throughout Eureka Springs
There are more than 60 springs in Eureka Springs, feeding from the waters of the Ozark Mountains. A number have been restored to create attractive visitor attractions. Basin Spring and Crescent Spring are the most popular. Grotto Spring flows from a mountain cave and there are a number on Spring Street, Magnetic Street and throughout the resort. It’s not all about the springs though. The area’s appeal also covers Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge, Blue Spring Heritage Center, Quigley’s Castle and Eureka Springs & North Arkansas Railway. There’s a definite emphasis on theatrical presentations too, with Intrigue Theater entertaining local residents and visitors. A true highlight and staged throughout the months of summer and early autumn is the Passion Play. Productions began in 1968 and are staged in an inspiring outdoor amphitheatre setting. The entire experience benefits from multi-level sets and atmospheric sound and lighting, with the magical backdrop of the Ozark Mountains. The cast of 150 combine to create another everlasting memory of the visitors’ time in Eureka Springs.
As night falls, the spirits flow
There’s something for everyone here and as night approaches, the resort comes to life; particularly in the downtown area of this Arkansas resort. Food, drink, karaoke and dancing are the name of the game here, with some activities going on throughout the night. There’s even rooftop billiards on the top floor of the Basin Park Hotel. Their Balcony Restaurant also provides incredible area views. Le Stick at the New Orleans Hotel is another fine place to dine and there are a number of quality restaurants specialising in Mexican and other cuisines. Naturally and as you’ve now come to expect, the unusual is quite usual in Eureka Springs. Fancy a beer? Well, opposite the Post Office, there’s a first class delivery of high quality beers at Brews, where selections are uniquely brewed in their own back yard. Eureka Live, Pied Piper, and Legends are among the popular spots for well into the night drinking, dancing and entertainment. See you in the morning; in spirit at least.
Price rangefrom $45to $274
- Hotel The Brownstone Innfrom $129
- Hotel Eureka Springs Treehousesfrom $6
- Hotel Palace Hotel and Bath House Spafrom $155
- Hotel Eureka Springs Arkansas Hotelfrom $99
- Hotel Lakefront Cabin On 17 Acres With Boat Dockfrom $141
- Hotel Lake Lucerne Treehousefrom $168
More Top Hotels
- Enchanted Forest Resort
- Beautiful Townhome Adjacent To Holiday Island Marina Table Rock Lake Sleeps 8/9
- Cozy Cottage In Town With A Great Deal And Great Winter Rates!
- Lake Shore Cabins On Beaver Lake
- Can-u-canoe Riverview Warm-cozy Cabin Outstanding River View
- Sherwood Court
- Matterhorn Tower
- Best Western Inn Of the Ozarks
- Grand Central Hotel
- Brydan Suites
- Eureka Holiday
- Statue Road Inn
- Livingston Junction Cabooses And Cabins
- Cottages On Main
- Cabin Fever Resort
- Green Tree Lodge
- All Seasons Inn
- Econo Lodge Eureka Springs
- The Regency Inn
- Just A Short Walk To Downtown Eureka Springs Through The Beautiful Historic Dist
- Can-U-Canoe 109 The Trout House Mountain Top Cabin
- 11 Singleton House
- Ozarka Lodge Eureka Springs
- The Nest At 188 Is A Unique Lodging/retreat Located In Eureka Springs, Arkansas
- New! Cozy 3br Holiday Island Home On Golf Course!
- Heartstone Inn B&B & Cottages
- Book A 3 Night Stay In December And Get Free Golf+cart For 4
- New! Huge 5br Beaver Lake House W/ Private Dock!
- Hogscald Hollow Cabin
- Quiet, Comfortable, Relaxing Home With A Huge Deck To Fall Asleep On
- Farm House Cottage- Freshly Remodeled
- Arsenic & Old Lace
- Call To Book This Condo Today!
- Texaco Bungalow Vacation Rentals
- Awesome Valley Views At Ridge Top Luxury Resort
- Ridge Top Resort
- Book Me Today! 'New King Bed'
- All Seasons Treehouse Village
- The Trails Inn
- Iris Hill Glamping - Ginny Pod 4th Night Free
- Your Ozark Family Hideaway Awaits You On Beaver Lake
- Crescent Hotel
- Cinnamon Valley
- The Razorback Lodge
- Hotels in Branson 1177 Hotels from $37
- Hotels in Rogers 95 Hotels from $45
- Hotels in Fayetteville 141 Hotels from $45
- Hotels in Bentonville 106 Hotels from $48
- Hotels in Hot Springs 686 Hotels from $38
- Hotels in Springdale 60 Hotels from $45
More Top Destinations
- Las Vegas
- Little Rock
- New York
- New Orleans
- Myrtle Beach
- San Antonio
- St Louis
- Kansas City
- Fort Smith
- Pigeon Forge
- Panama City Beach
- Oklahoma City
- Virginia Beach
- North Little Rock
- Atlantic City
- Miami Beach
- Branson West
- Ocean City
- San Diego
- Washington D.C.
- Key West
- Daytona Beach
- South Padre Island
- San Francisco
- Fort Lauderdale