Hotels in Fernandina Beach, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Fernandina Beach online
- Find a cheap hotel in Fernandina Beach!
- Book at the ideal price!
Fernandina Beach, a mix of history and nature
Fernandina Beach is a small city on Amelia Island in the very northeast of Florida, less than one hour from Jacksonville. Although primarily a base for visitors enjoying the beaches and nature around Amelia Island, Fernandina Beach is also one of Florida’s most historic sites. The area is famous for having flown under eight different flags since its initial settlement in the mid-16th century, thus as a result it has a rich and varied history. Therefore, this blend of history and nature leaves the Fernandina Beach area a desirable destination to a range of tourist demographics.
The urban centre of a nature-rich island
Despite being the largest urban area on Amelia Island, the city area of Fernandina Beach is compact and small in comparison to most beach cities in Florida. The city is located on the west side of the island and focused around its sheltered harbour, away from the exposed Atlantic Ocean. The main streets lead away from the harbour and marina, with the aptly named Centre Street being one of the most significant sections of Fernandina Beach. Many of the historic sites and buildings are also found in this area, plus several museums. For greater understanding of the area, the Amelia Island Museum of History provides a fascinating insight into the historical development of the area. The Maritime Museum and The Shrimp Museum offer further focus on the significance of the maritime industries which have shaped the region. As well as attractions, there are a variety of Fernandina Beach hotels in this central district, ideal for exploring the downtown on foot.
A seafood focus amongst an array of eateries
For a city of such a small size, Fernandina Beach has a reasonably diverse and vast number of restaurants, cafes and bars. Perhaps owing to its history of the eight flags, there is a noticeable European influence on the cuisine and atmosphere around the downtown. The waterfront area houses several establishments offering scenic views of the sea and harbour and thus are particularly popular with visitors. Back from the waterfront along Centre Street and on the north-south running 2nd and 3rd streets there are multiple restaurants of varying themes. Naturally, seafood is a significant theme but there are also further American style diners including a variety of Southern style cuisine being represented. These restaurants are interspersed with cafes and bars including many taverns and premises showcasing live music. With most of these businesses within a few blocks of each other, access is easy and convenient for guests staying in any of the central hotels in Fernandina Beach FL. That said, there are also some hidden gems away from the downtown core, with smaller independent restaurants offering a more local atmosphere for visitors.
Embracing the outdoors and the fantastic coast
The majority of tourists staying in Fernandina Beach visit, at least in some part, for the impressive and diverse array of outdoor activities on offer. Being an island, the coastline is clearly a major element of this and the multiple beaches on Amelia Island are a big draw. The closest to Fernandina Beach city centre is directly east on the Atlantic Coast, simply known as Main Beach. The area contains a nature park and recreational area with volleyball facilities and a children’s playground. A boardwalk runs along the beach edge and there are restaurants and cafes situated alongside, offering further convenience for visitors. Fishing is a very common activity amongst locals, plus tourists also have multiple opportunities to get involved on land and on the water. Fishing trips leave from the marina at Fernandina Beach, plus there a couple of fishing equipment shops in the downtown. Aside from the beaches and water, inland there is also a large outdoor and sporting focus. Florida is well known for its golf courses and Amelia Island is no exception, there are several renowned courses on offer. Three of these are in the Fernandina Beach area of the island and enjoying a round of golf is a popular activity with visitors.
Two state parks at opposite ends of the island
Exploring more of the Amelia Island is a must-do for visitors to Fernandina Beach, with some of the highlights to be found further away from the urbanisation. At the northern tip of the island lies the Fort Clinch State Park, home to a long sandy white beach which is much less frequented than the busier Main Beach. The fort itself is said to be one of the most well-preserved 19th century forts across the whole of the States and is therefore a draw of its own. Visitors also enjoy the vast quantity of forest and serenity, something which is also possible at Amelia Island State Park. This park is located at the other end of the island on the southern tip and is again a popular nature area. Horse rides along the accompanying beach are possible here and prove to be a well-attended family activity. For nature lovers, the park area is home to an abundance of wild birds and is thus a crucial nesting area. Consequently, many areas are protected with tight restrictions at certain times of year.
Price rangefrom $56to $758
- Hotel Amelia Hotel at the Beachdeals from $70
- Hotel Omni Amelia Island Plantation Courtside Villadeals from $6
- Hotel Omni Amelia Island Resortdeals from $137
- Hotel Amelia Island 3 Bedroom 3 Bath Condodeals from $210
- Hotel Ocean Front Beach Jungle Condodeals from $6
- Hotel Ocean Breeze Townhouse 2 Short Blocks From The Beach.deals from $115
More Top Hotels
- Villas of Amelia Island
- 2 Bedroom/2 Bath Condo With Swimming Pool And Tennis Court - Short Walk To The Beach! Sleeps 4
- Ocean View, Pool, Hot Tub, Wifi, Clean
- Amelia South L-4 Oceanfront Condo
- Ocean View Condo W/ Balcony & Shared Pool - 2 Blocks To Beach, Walk Everywhere
- Amelia Island Plantation Ground Level 2 Br Villa W/ Wi-fi
- Oceanfront luxury ,Pool, Great Fall Rates , Nightly Rates as low as $500/night
- Ocean Coast Hotel At The Beach
- Seaside Amelia Inn
- New Listing! Island Getaway W/ Balcony, Shared Pool, & Hot Tub - Walk To Beach
- Beautiful 3 Bed/3 Bath Beach Walker Condo - Great Location & Views
- Beautiful And Cozy Beach House
- Sea Breeze Is At The Beach! Large 1 Br, 2 Ba Oceanfront Condo
- Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach
- New Listing! Great Rates! Recently Updated 2 Bed/1.5 Bath Townhouse
- 2 Bed/2 Bath Updated Beach Wood Condo... Close Walk To Pool & Beach
- Gated Condo Community On The Beach
- Beautiful Oceanfront Condo On Amelia Island, Fl.
- Pet Friendly, Cozy Condo, Shared Pool And Tennis Courts, 5 Minute Walk To Beach
- Whispering Palms Elegant Property With Million Dollar Views
- Aip- Resort Communitysteps To Beach/ Pool Amelia Island, Fl 1br/1bvilla Petok
- Discounted Rates! Updated 3 Bed/3 Bath Beach Walker Condo W/ Best Views!
- Beachy Keen Oceanfront Cottage, Fantastic Views Amelia Island
- Amelia Island Getaway - Located In The Plantation
- Newly Updated Amelia Island Corner 3br - Steps To Ocean & Pool, Walk To Ritz
- Beach Front At Oceans Of Amelia (no Management Or Cleaning Fees)
- Beautiful Oceanfront Condo
- Fabulous Ocean Place! - Booking Spring And Summer - Inquire Now!!!
- Ocean Front 3 BR Amelia Island Plantation, Unobstructed Ocean Views
- Large Relaxing Amelia Retreat
- Location! Location! Location! Beach Wood Villa
- 2br Amelia Island Oceanfront Condo: Incredible View!
- Summer Weekly Specials
- Luxurious Oceanfront Condo On The Amelia Island Plantation
- Down To Earth Charm. 2-bed, 2-bath Condo In Close Proximity To Beach.
- Wanna Sea Rooftop Deck
- Unbelievable Ocean Views - Beach Walker Condo Sleeps 6
- Ocean Place #30 By Redawning
- Ocean & Beach Front Resort Condo Next To Omni Hotel With Oceanfront Pool
- Updated Turtle Dunes Condo - Great Ocean Views!
- Hotels in Jacksonville 893 Hotels deals from $37
- Hotels in Orlando 17132 Hotels deals from $28
- Hotels in St. Augustine 3741 Hotels deals from $48
- Hotels in Daytona Beach 2025 Hotels deals from $40
- Hotels in Miami Beach 7224 Hotels deals from $30
- Hotels in Kissimmee 33193 Hotels deals from $26
More Top Destinations
- Jacksonville Beach
- Panama City Beach
- Lake Buena Vista
- Fort Lauderdale
- Myrtle Beach
- Atlantic Beach
- Key West
- Cocoa Beach
- Clearwater Beach
- Ormond Beach
- St. Augustine Beach
- St. Pete Beach
- Daytona Beach Shores
- Ponte Vedra Beach
- Fort Myers
- Jekyll Island
- New York
- Fort Myers Beach
- Sanibel Island
- Neptune Beach
- St. Petersburg
- West Palm Beach
- St. Simons
- Orange Park
- Key Largo
- Treasure Island
- Vero Beach