Hotels in Fort Walton Beach, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Fort Walton Beach online
- Find a cheap hotel in Fort Walton Beach!
- Book at the ideal price!
Fort Walton Beach, Florida: A Seaside Gem
Situated between Panama City and Pensacola Beach along Florida's stunning Emerald Coast is a charming resort town known as Fort Walton Beach. Well-known for its family-friendly hotels and resorts, and as a popular family vacation spot, this laidback picture-book beach town offers all the fun in the sun you could ever want, minus the hustle and bustle.
Dip your toes into the powdery white sand and calm emerald-green waters, check out the fighter jets at the Air Force Armament Museum, and tee off on the greens at the Fort Walton Beach Golf Club. It's your vacation - do whatever you want!
Treasure Hunts and Wet n' Wild Fun
Ever heard of geocaching? This fun adventure sport held in Fort Walton Beach and nearby Destin is an outdoor treasure hunt where adventurers use GPS devices and coordinates to track geocache containers that are hidden across the city. It's more about the search than the treasure and it's a great way to spend some genuine family time outdoors. When game goers head back to their hotels after a long day of treasure hunting, they will most certainly want to put their feet up and relax.
There are plenty of water sports to participate in when you are visiting Fort Walton Beach, FL. The Emerald Coast's Crab Island is a famous spot for those looking to kiteboard, waterski, surf, and parasail. Many local tour companies offer adrenaline-pumping activities such as banana boat rides and paddle sports. Rest assured, a day in the sun and surf in this resort town will have adrenaline junkies, and water sports enthusiasts ultimately fulfilled.
Tough Trails and Animal Tales
Hike through a stunning white-sand maritime forest on the Henderson Beach Nature Trail in Destin, just a 20-minute drive away or observe ancient forests and steep ravines along the Elgin East and West paths of the Florida Trail. More advanced hikers can explore over three miles of the Gulf of Mexico's oceanfront and conquer trails throughout Topsail Hill Preserve State Park in nearby Santa Rosa Beach – only 23 miles away.
Enjoy an array of exhilarating animal encounters when you meet dolphins, stingrays, seals, and penguins at the Gulfarium on Okaloosa Island. Visit the Gulf Breeze Zoo where you can pet the animals, experience animal encounters and hop on a safari train to see Nile hippos, gorillas, and chimps up close. Alternatively, you can head over to the Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge Zoological Park where you can meet and learn about 30 different species and 70 different animals from across the globe.
Good Eats, Sweet Treats
From Mexican, French, and Italian cuisine to popular fresh seafood joints and steakhouses, this city has something to curb every appetite. However, crab is why most seafood lovers come to Fort Walton Beach! There are multiple crab shacks lined along the waterfront that serve up succulent crab, seafood plates and frozen drinks to cool you off after a long day of exploring.
Many large-chain hotels in the area have excellent restaurants, trendy cafes, and beach bars just inside their doors. There is also an old-school drive-in restaurant that serves up traditional American-style meals like burgers, shakes, and fries. Fort Walton Beach, Florida has a diverse range of dining options, which you'll discover within one day of visiting this colourful little resort town.
Looking for something sweet to eat? Don't miss a visit to Sugar Mill Sweets, a long-standing sugar haven with pumpkin cheesecakes, coconut custard pies and Mississippi Mud cakes on the menu. People travel from far and wide to get their hands on these decadent treats!
If you prefer something cool, creamy, and sugary-sweet, you'll also find ice cream parlour chains, tiny gelato shops, and frozen yogurt stands spread out throughout the town, some along the beach and some further inland. There are a few cute little doughnut shops sprinkled across the town, including one that makes handmade cream-filled, jelly and chocolate ones!
A Must-See Museum
History lovers will appreciate a visit to the Air Force Armament Museum, adjacent to the Elgin Air Force Base. It is the only museum facility in the world that is dedicated to the collection, preservation, and exhibition of memorabilia and artifacts in connection with the Air Force Armament. Thousands of people travel to Fort Walton Beach every year to get a glimpse of an F-15 Eagle, B-52 and various other fighter jets, missiles and bombs that were launched during the Korean War, Vietnam War, and the Gulf War.
Big Chain Hotels, Small Town Inns
Those seeking lodging and hotels in Fort Walton Beach won't have a problem finding somewhere to rest their head at night. There are many reputable hotel chains in the area that offer excellent amenities and convenient facilities to suit every travel need. If you would rather relax in an abode that is more modest and laidback, there are charming inns and motels that will have a cosy room waiting for you.
Price rangefrom $44to $519
- Hotel Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beachdeals from $69
- Hotel Santa Rosa Condo #223 3 Bedrooms 2 Bathrooms Condodeals from $6
- Hotel Waterfront Studio Condo With Fantastic Views, A Boat Slip, And Shared Poolsdeals from $6
- Hotel Economy Moteldeals from $69
- Hotel Penthouse Condo - Direct Ocean Front View - Free Beach Chairs & Umbrella!deals from $6
- Hotel Pirates Bay Waterside Condo With Resort Amenities A403deals from $6
More Top Hotels
- Islander Beach Resort By Panhandle Getaways
- The Island, by Hotel RL
- Best Western Ft Walton Beachfront
- Gorgeous 3rd Floor Condo!
- Beachfront Okaloosa Island With Beach Service. New Owners
- Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach
- Stay With Resortquest This Winter And Book The Lowest Rates Of The Year.
- Waterfront Fort Walton Condo - Snowbirds Welcome
- Hilton Garden Inn Fort Walton Beach
- Waterscape By Dale E. Peterson Vacations
- Updated Studio With Access To Shared Pools & Available Boat Slips
- Gorgeous Ocean View With A Reasonable Price!
- Newly Remodeled Lovely Beach Condo :)
- Islander Beach Resort & Condominiums by Wyndham Vacation Rentals
- 507 Dwg Villa~lazy River, Pools, Jacuzzi, Gym- Perfect!
- Tiki Beach 32 Directly On The Beach, Wow! Read Our Reviews. Best Place Ever.
- Hampton Inn Ft Walton Beach
- Upgraded 4Th Floor Waterscape Beachfront Condo Umbrella/Beach Chairs/Netflix
- Pelican Isle 510 By Redawning
- Clean and Affordable Beach Condo
- Waters Edge Condominiums by Wyndham Vacation Rentals
- Hotel Regency Inn Fort Walton
- Islander 406 - 2 Br Condo By Redawning
- Gulf Views! Booking Up Fast! New Bed And 55 Inch Tv!
- Lemon Squeezy - Waterfront Condo On Santa Rosa Sound, Renting Is Eazy Peazy
- Destin Harbor Houseboat
- Fairway Inn Fort Walton Beach
- Free Activities Fun Pass! Emerald Shores 102, Beach Chairs Included
- Privately Owned Condo Island Echos Condo 2 Bedroom, 2 Bath, Sleeps 6
- Waterscape B228 - 1 Br Condo By Redawning
- Waterscape Beach Condo/lazy River/pools/video Games(xbox360)/free Beach Service
- Aqua Villa 402 Beachfront , Pet Friendly, Beach Service, gorgeous views
- Fully Updated, Great Views Waters Edge 317
- First Floor On The Beach
- Pirates Bay A 309
- Wow! Snazzy Pirates Bay 204b! Perfect Location! Boat Dock! Sleeps 4!
- Okaloosa Islands Best Kept Secret
- Holiday Lodge and Suites
- Destin West Gulfside 304 280596 By Redawning
- Seabreeze Inn
- New To Vrbo! Wow! Beach Front! Waters Edge 113! Just Steps From The Beach!
- 2br / 2ba - Walk Right Out To The Pool And The Beach
- Hotels in Destin 9146 Hotels deals from $54
- Hotels in Panama City Beach 15569 Hotels deals from $47
- Hotels in Pensacola 1261 Hotels deals from $43
- Hotels in Pensacola Beach 1962 Hotels deals from $72
- Hotels in Mary Esther 47 Hotels deals from $75
- Hotels in Orlando 17498 Hotels deals from $29
More Top Destinations
- Panama City
- Miami Beach
- Daytona Beach
- New Orleans
- Key West
- Fort Lauderdale
- St. Augustine
- Gulf Breeze
- Lake Buena Vista
- Clearwater Beach
- Myrtle Beach
- St. Pete Beach
- Gulf Shores
- Santa Rosa Beach
- New York
- Cocoa Beach
- Orange Beach
- Las Vegas
- Fort Myers
- Fort Myers Beach
- Sanibel Island
- St. Petersburg
- Key Largo
- Treasure Island
- Pigeon Forge
- West Palm Beach