Hotels in Fredericksburg, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Fredericksburg online
- Find a cheap hotel in Fredericksburg!
- Book at the ideal price!
Fredericksburg, USA: The Home of German Texas
Fredericksburg is a unique Texas city because of the German influence that is present there. The reason for this German influence is the fact that the first generation of German settlers refused to learn English, instead choosing to continue speaking German. The city is named after Prince Frederick of Prussia and many of the historic buildings there have a distinct German look to them.
The end result is that this city is far different from what visitors would expect to find in Texas because it exuded German culture and influence. The city is a popular weekend getaway for those from the larger cities of Austin and San Antonio because it provides something unique and is also very quiet in comparison to those major centres.
Experience the Agriculture
Not to be confused with Fredericksburg, VA, this city is known as the Peach Capital of Texas. In the 1920s, a school teacher in the city planted five peach trees and started selling peaches after they grew. From there, this teacher marketed these peaches regionally and ended up with over 5,000 trees. This tradition remains today, as hotels fill up with people and fruit stands fill up with peaches in the summer and visitors even have the option of picking their own fruit.
The agriculture in Fredericksburg, TX isn't confined to peaches, as lavender farms, wildflower seeds, and grapes are produced in the city. In many cases, these farms are combined with hotels or guest houses, giving those staying in Fredericksburg a truly unique experience. Wildseed Farms is a popular destination because it allows visits to see Texas wildflowers in all their glory and even try out some locally produced jams, fruits, and vegetables.
Significant Geographical Locations
The Enchanted Rock State Natural Area is 15 miles outside of Fredericksburg and is on the National Register of Historic Places. This rock is 425 feet above the ground and 1,825 feet above sea level, which is what makes it so significant. The rock is made of pink granite and is an exfoliation dome. Anyone who loves geography will enjoy a visit to this rock and, luckily, it is just a short drive from numerous hotels.
The rock is one of the largest batholiths in the United States, as well, making it something worth checking out for those who are into unique geographical elements. Visitors to the city will need a vehicle to get there from their hotels, but no holiday in Fredericksburg, Texas is complete without stopping by.
Balanced Rock is another local landmark that sits about 10 miles outside of the city. The rock is about the size of an elephant and is unique because it rests on its tip. Although vandals blasted the rock with dynamite in the 1980s, removing its base, Balanced Rock remains something that is worth visiting because it can't be seen anywhere else. Fredericksburg, VA doesn't have geography like this, as it can only be reached from hotels in Texas.
Cross Mountain has an elevation of 1,915 feet and was once used by Native Americans in the area as a method of signalling one another whenever outsiders were in the territory. This mountain has been designated as a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark and has a large metal and concrete cross on it that was installed by St. Mary's Catholic Church in 1946.
The Fredericksburg Historic District
Fredericksburg is full of historic buildings, many of which have been well maintained and are in excellent shape. The Pioneer Museum Complex has many different historic buildings, including The Vereins Kirche, the Arhelger Bathhouse, Dambach-Besier House, and Walton-Smith Log Cabin. This complex sits right along Main Street, which means that it is steps from numerous hotels throughout Fredericksburg, TX.
Outside of the complex, many other uniquely Texas, historic buildings remain. Joseph Wilson and Ruth Ament Huffman Baines House was built by the grandparents of Lyndon B. Johnson, former President of the United States and is a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark. The Bank of Fredericksburg was built in 1889 and is unique because of its Richardsonian Romanesque architecture, while the Gillespie County 1885 Jailhouse is a limestone structure that replaced a past jail that had burned to the ground. When leaving most of the hotels in this city, these historic buildings are usually just steps away.
The National Museum of the Pacific War
What is now the National Museum of the Pacific War was once the childhood home of Chester W. Nimitz, a fleet admiral who played an important role in World War II as the Commander in Chief of the United States Pacific Fleet. The home now features the Admiral Nimitz Museum, as well, which is dedicated to the admiral and his career.
This museum is significant because it highlights the history of the United States Navy, including information on Pearl Harbor and other important events in the country's history. There is a Memorial Courtyard, which is home to the Veterans' Walk of Honor and Memorial Wall, and even the Pacific Combat Zone, which re-creates a Pacific Island battlefield during the Second World War. There are hotels throughout the area, making it easy to experience history while on a holiday in Fredericksburg.
Price rangefrom $34to $270
- Hotel Fredericksburg Inn & Suitesdeals from $65
- Hotel Super 8 Fredericksburgdeals from $33
- Hotel Absolute Charm Blackjack Tin Roofdeals from $191
- Hotel Fredericksburg Hill Country deals from $61
- Hotel Lone Star Cabin No. 5 ~ Texas Hill Country ~ New!deals from $5
- Hotel Fairfield Inn & Suites Fredericksburgdeals from $94
More Top Hotels
- Room 9 At Barons Creek Vineyards-1/8 Guest Rooms-290 Tours
- Cyclismo - Suite 3
- A Tex Inn
- Sunset Inn & Suites
- Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg
- Hoffman Haus
- La Casita Azul at Amelia’s Casitas- Beautiful Country Setting Close to Town
- The Cottages At One Quilt Place
- Peach Tree Inn & Suites
- Full Moon Inn
- Dietzel Motel
- Windcrest Inn And Suites
- Plum Cabin
- Inspiration Hill
- Messina Hof Hill Country Full Property
- Southern Charm Lodging
- City On A Hill
- Prickly Pear At Splendid Inn. On Main Street. Vintage/ Luxury. Sleeps Up To 26
- Eclectic Industrial Space For /2 Blks To Main/Outdoor Area/Private/Quiet
- Elegant home w/patio, indoor/outdoor fireplaces - 2 blocks to Main St & dogs ok!
- Charming, dog-friendly home with patio & gas grill - close to town!
- Boarding House 1915
- Dog-friendly home w/a hot tub & wet bar. Walk everywhere!
- 808 ~ Quiet Neighborhood ~ Two Bedrooms ~ Kid Friendly
- Fredericksburg Style! 2 1/2 Blocks To Marketplatz/main St
- Charming Cottage W/ Beautiful Patio & Outdoor Firepit - Great Downtown Location
- Lone Star Cottage ~ Texas Hill Country
- 1/1 Amazing Location 8 blocks from Downtown.Dog friendly. Huge fenced yard.
- Poodle Haus Only 8 Blocks From Main Street Shopping, Restaurants, Entertainment
- Old Country Charm 2 1/2 Blocks From Main St Shopping/private Get-a-way W/hot Tub
- Rockview Cabins - Cabin #5
- Adorable Private Home In Quiet Neighborhood
- The Nest Cottage - Hill Country Views - 10 Minutes To Downtown Fredericksburg
- New Owners And Reduced Rates! Hill Country Meets Modern Chic B&b
- Morris Ranch area Barndominium 12 min. to Fredericksburg. Sleeps 6
- Nicks Cabin Hot Tub Pet-friendly
- Cute Cottage Style Bed & Breakfast Located Just Minutes From Downtown
- Friendship Farms B&b Ste. 1
- New Listing! Charming Rural Escape W/ Shaded Porch & Wonderful Hill Country View
- The Lodge Above Town Creek, A Unique B&b Property!`
- Absolutely Charming Acorn House
- Ultimate Vacation Rental Experience With Private Hot Tub And Outdoor Fire Pit
- New Listing, Jacuzzi Tub, Full Kitchen,deck Area,awesome Sunsets, Pet Friendly
- Quiet Elegance With History - 1/2 Block From Main Street
- Hotels in San Antonio 2639 Hotels deals from $29
- Hotels in Austin 3941 Hotels deals from $26
- Hotels in Houston 3958 Hotels deals from $23
- Hotels in Galveston 4994 Hotels deals from $33
- Hotels in Dallas 3091 Hotels deals from $35
- Hotels in Corpus Christi 2777 Hotels deals from $33
More Top Destinations
- New Braunfels
- South Padre Island
- San Marcos
- Las Vegas
- Fort Worth
- Round Rock
- New Orleans
- Port Aransas
- New York
- College Station
- Marble Falls
- San Angelo
- Myrtle Beach
- San Diego
- Grand Prairie
- El Paso
- Panama City Beach
- Miami Beach
- The Woodlands
- Virginia Beach
- San Francisco