Galveston: Where Island Beach Holidays are Easy and Accessible
Many know the port of Galveston, just off south-east Texas, as the launch pad for sea cruises; however, each year there are many vacationers in the area who enjoy the island’s beach and holiday activities from ashore. If you hadn’t known, it’s the perfect place for an overnight stop during a road trip or to book a weekend getaway!
The Beach is Never Far From Your Galveston Hotel
Even at its broadest point, the island is only three miles wide, so the sea is never far away. Wisely, many hotels have been built by the beach or within vicinity of the Pier, another popular holiday spot with plenty of waterfront rentals and large hotels.
Whether it is beach vacations where you can enjoy boating, relaxing, and walking the family pooch; or more sophisticated resort settings with the comfort of extra services and amenities, the fact is you will certainly be spoilt for choices of accommodation. There are B&Bs, campsites, hostels, houses, and condominium rentals to consider. Most are close to a beach park. Then again, you might want to bring your home with you and book into a park such as the RV friendly Jamaica Park.
Notably, the port of Galveston has a prominent role in the world of sea cruises. This downtown port area sees both luxury hotels and more modest lodging options; some are very near the cruise port itself! Consequently, many cruise goers book a hotel in Galveston and extend their vacation by adding a few days on the island to either side of their voyage. What a great idea!
So, your great island getaway comes with lots of confusing accommodation possibilities and obviously, the proximity to the nearest beach is one of many factors in any decision-making process. Making an online visit to trivago and refining your search may just disperse the clouds of confusion quite quickly and put the perfect Galveston beach hotel at your fingertips.
Galveston: This Island Treasure is a Wonderful Beach Retreat
Galveston has around 27 miles of coastline, perfect for beach vacations. Stewart Beach is one of the all-time favorite choices for families, combining sand, sea and great facilities. Galveston’s Sunny and Sea Isle Beaches are also great bases from which to explore the island, its beaches, and beautiful weather throughout a holiday vacation. Beach amenities at parks such as Galveston Island State Park tend to be excellent, featuring showers, shops, and sporting activities. More remote parks may even offer bird watching opportunities; so there really is something for everyone.
There is no shortage of other things to do in Galveston, where your list of vacation ideas starts with a visit to Moody Gardens. Here, you’ll wonder at the luxury glass menagerie pyramid which accommodates its resident sharks and monkeys. Additionally, there are various entertainment options and restaurants in South Shore’s Pleasure Pier, including highly recommended boat trips and helicopter rides. But, be afraid; be very afraid at Mayfield Manor. They are rumors that it’s haunted!
Price rangefrom $34to $711
- Hotel Top Floor, Penthouse Views Of The Gulf. Sleeps 6. Beach Across The Streetdeals from $115
- Hotel Casa Del Mar Condo! Book Now!deals from $6
- Hotel Casa Del Mar Beachfrontdeals from $69
- Hotel Beachfront Palms Hoteldeals from $41
- Hotel Located Right On The Beach. Top Floor. Amazing Gulf Views. Affordable. Wifideals from $6
- Hotel A Contemporary 3 Bedroom Condo With A Breath-Taking Ocean View! Newly Renovated!deals from $158
More Top Hotels
- Steps To The Beach And Pool!
- Sandy Hook: 3 Br / 2 Ba Home In Galveston, Sleeps 13
- Last minute deals Dec 1-14 $1000Total Dawn Oceanfront, Huge Condo,3 TVs,Wifi
- Luxury Condo With A Beautiful Gulf View
- Bayside Bungalow - 3/2, Sleeps 9! Close To Beach And Bay!
- Charming Efficiency Apartment In Galvestons Historic District
- Hotel Galvez & Spa
- Ocean Views, King Bed, 1St Floor, Sleeps 6, Just Remodeled, Pool Views, Wifi
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Galveston West-Seawall
- Clean & Updated Condo Winter Avail Take A Virtual Tour Click On Video Linnk
- New!! Historic Home - Close To Beach And Pleasure Pier! Sept Discounts!!
- Hilton Galveston Island Resort
- Luxurious All Suites 5/5 Waterfront on Galveston Bay in Pointe West
- Casa Del Mar 307
- 2 Br Galveston Condo Steps From The Beach And By The Pool!
- Galveston Beach Condo, The Emerald.ocean View Private Deck Pools Hot Tup, Bbq
- Bermuda Bungalow is a desirable 2nd row beach home steps from the sand!
- Welcome To Our Cozy Condo With Water And Pool Views!
- Beach View! Luxurious Seawall Condo - Pool & Hot Tub
- 6300 Seawall Blvd Condo - 1 Br Condo By Redawning
- The Commodore on The Beach
- Seascape 1107 2 Bedrooms 1.5 Bathroom Condo
- New Listing! Dog-friendly Home Near The Water W/ Free Wifi And Plenty Of Space!
- Hals Hideway #1
- Kwik Kabana Where The Beach Counts
- Maravilla 222-mar Y Sol Has Fantastic Water Views, 1/1, Sleeps 6!
- New Listing Family Friendly
- Beach Lover Condo/ Beach Front/heated Swimming Pool
- Affordable Galveston Retreat
- Western Galveston West Beach Hotel
- New Listing! Charming, Dog-friendly Studio-steps From Seawall, Walk To Dining
- Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach
- Flip Flop Flamingo in the Heart of Galveston - Private Hot Tub, Bicycles.
- The San Luis Resort Spa & Conference Center
- New Listing! Introductory Discount Rate On Newly Remodeled 2Br/1Ba Galv. Home!
- Cozy Comfortable Home
- Right in the heart of Galveston
- Waterfront Dog-friendly Home With Shared Pool And Sweeping Views
- Beachfront Condo Casa Del Mar
- Quality Inn & Suites Galveston
- Red Roof PLUS+ Galveston - Beachfront
- Gaido's Seaside Inn
- New Listing! Charming, Colorful Condo Steps From The Seawall - Dog Are Welcome
- Hotels in Houston 4358 Hotels deals from $24
- Hotels in San Antonio 2879 Hotels deals from $30
- Hotels in Texas City 128 Hotels deals from $51
- Hotels in Austin 4021 Hotels deals from $27
- Hotels in Kemah 62 Hotels deals from $56
- Hotels in Corpus Christi 2926 Hotels deals from $35
More Top Destinations
- South Padre Island
- League City
- New Orleans
- Las Vegas
- La Marque
- La Porte
- The Woodlands
- Fort Worth
- Port Aransas
- New Braunfels
- New York
- College Station
- San Marcos
- Myrtle Beach
- Panama City Beach
- Deer Park
- Miami Beach
- Sugar Land
- Round Rock