Hotels in Green Bay, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Green Bay online
- Find a cheap hotel in Green Bay!
- Book at the ideal price!
Green Bay: More Than Just a Football Town
Nestled in the cold climes of north-eastern Wisconsin, the city of Green Bay is synonymous with professional football. Home to one of the most popular teams in the sport, the city welcomes hundreds of thousands of fans every year. But away from the hard turf of the football field, the city also offers a variety of interesting, intriguing and enjoyable attractions, as you’ll quickly discover.
Historic Lambeau Field
Burrowed in the Ashwaubenon village area of the city, Lambeau Field football stadium in undeniably the main attraction when it comes to city landmarks. The historic stadium, which opened in 1957, is home to the National Football League’s Green Bay Packers, a team that is nothing short of an institution in the city.
During football season (Sept-Jan), “The Frozen Tundra”, as the stadium is lovingly referred to, routinely welcomes more than 81,000 fervent fans every game, all cheering their beloved Packers on. Many stop by the Packers Hall of Fame, located on-site, to pay homage to Vince Lombardi, Bart Starr, Brett Farve and all the other Packers greats.
Visitors with time on their hands may wish to take a stroll along the Walk of Legends, a mile-long stretch that is adorned with statues of famous players. Additionally, the Packers Heritage Trail, which makes its way through the city, offers the chance to see other football-themed sites, including Old City Stadium, the original home of the Packers. But whilst football and the Packers rule the roost in Green Bay, there’s more to “Titletown” than just football.
Popular Green Bay Attractions
If football’s not on your agenda during your trip to Green Bay, there are plenty of other attractions that should be. Thanks to the relative compactness of the city, many of these attractions are likely to be within a comfortable walk or short drive of your hotel.
Northeastern Wisconsin Zoo (A.K.A. NEW Zoo) is one of the most popular family-friendly attractions in the Green Bay area. Located just outside of the city, the zoo exhibits animals and birds from across the world, as well as local wildlife. You’ll find penguins, lions, snow leopards and much more as you make your way around the facility. An adventure park with rock climbing and zip lines is also located next door.
Back in the city, Bay Beach Amusement Park is another popular attraction. This family-orientated amusement park features a Ferris wheel, rollercoaster, bumper cars and more. A wildlife sanctuary can be found adjacent to the amusement park.
Other Green Bay attractions worth a visit include the Grassy Island Range Lights, a pair of lighthouses that have been relocated and restored, and Green Bay Botanical Garden, home to some stunningly beautiful flora. Adults may also enjoy a visit to one of the region’s breweries or wineries.
Green Bay Museums
The city of Green Bay is home to its fair share of museums, the most intriguing of which is the National Railroad Museum. You’ll discover more than 70 historic engines and carriages at the museum, many of which have been impeccably restored. You can also enjoy a ride on a steam train while you’re here.
Visitors interested in local history will find plenty to pique their curiosity at Hazelwood Historic House Museum and Neville Public Museum respectively. Both feature exhibits examining the history of Green Bay and Wisconsin. The former focuses on history in the nineteenth century, whilst the latter covers a much broader time span, and even features several prehistoric exhibits.
Heritage Hill State Historical Park is another good option for history buffs. This open-air museum, which can be found in the nearby village of Allouez, features authentic buildings and historical structures, many from the nineteenth century. Visit during summer and you’ll be greeted by performers in full historical garb.
Live Entertainment and the Performing Arts
City visitors interested in the arts should check out what’s on at the Weidner Center for the Performing Arts. Situated on the campus of the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, the theatre regularly hosts musical and performance-based events. From orchestral and choir performances to stand-up comedy and Broadway-style plays, the theatre’s calendar gets quite full.
Situated in downtown Green Bay, the Meyer Theatre is another popular choice for culture vultures. Built in 1920, the theatre is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. After several rounds of renovation, today the theatre hosts a cavalcade of performances, including live gigs, stand-up, plays, and symphony music.
If you prefer your entertainment to be packed with a little more intensity, the Resch Center may be for you. This 10,000-capacity multipurpose arena regularly hosts basketball, ice hockey, indoor football, and music concerts. It also features the smaller Time Warner Cable Theatre inside, a popular choice for mid-level touring bands.
Where to Stay in Green Bay
If you’re planning a trip to the Green Bay area, you’ll find plenty of accommodation options available to you, including hotels, motels, inns and extended stay lodgings.
Accommodations are generally found in four spots around the city: downtown, close to the Fox River; in the neighbourhoods around Lambeau Field football stadium; near to Green Bay-Austin Straubel International Airport; and close to the Interstate highways, with both I-41 and I-43 passing through the city.
Price rangefrom $41to $367
- Hotel Lodge Kohlerdeals from $130
- Hotel Comfort Inn Green Baydeals from $46
- Hotel Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadiumdeals from $99
- Hotel Radisson Hotel and Conf Ctr Green Baydeals from $74
- Hotel Home2 Suites Green Baydeals from $92
- Hotel Tundra Lodge Resort Waterpark & Conference Centerdeals from $77
More Top Hotels
- Economy Inn
- Microtel Inn and Suites by Wyndham Green Bay
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Green Bay
- Aloft Green Bay
- Football Fun House 1 Mile From Lambeau!!
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Green Bay East
- Hotel Days Inn and Suites Green Bay WI
- Hampton Inn Green Bay Downtown
- SpringHill Suites Green Bay
- Baymont Inn and Suites Green Bay
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Green Bay Southwest
- The Astor House
- Motel 6 Green Bay
- Nicely Updated Home 1 Mile From Lambeau Field In A Very Quite Neighborhood
- Super 8 Green Bay Airport Stadium
- AmericInn Green Bay East
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Green Bay North, WI
- Super 8 Green Bay WI
- Comfort Suites Green Bay I-41
- Hotel Country Inn & Suites East Green Bay
- Hotel J Green Bay
- Best Value In Town! Cozy, Old World Charm Near Lambeau
- Hilton Garden Inn Green Bay
- Village Inn
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Green Bay, WI
- Hotel Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Green Bay
- Wingate by Wyndham Green Bay - Airport
- Hampton Inn Green Bay
- Residence Inn Green Bay Downtown
- Tailgate; 6 Min Walk To Lambeau, Party Garage; Plus Family Room W/sofa Sleepers
- Walking Distance To (4 Blocks) Lambeau Field And The Title-town District
- Turn Your Packer Experience From Good To Great By Staying With Us!
- Old world Charm, with view of Fox River wrap around front porch .
- Wake Up To Lambeau! So Close You Can Hear The Roar Of Crowd
- Completely Remodeled Full House 2 Blocks From Lambeau Field
- Best Western Midway
- Green Bay Lambeau Field Titletown District Packers Ashwaubenon House
- Just Like Home, Private Rooms, Sleeps 16(no Bunk Beds), 13 Miles To Lambeau
- Quality Inn & Suites Green Bay
- Motel 6 Green Bay – Lambeau
- Bay Motel
- Hotel St Brendan's Inn
- Hotels in Wisconsin Dells 715 Hotels deals from $32
- Hotels in Appleton 145 Hotels deals from $38
- Hotels in Chicago 5957 Hotels deals from $36
- Hotels in Milwaukee 890 Hotels deals from $39
- Hotels in Madison 377 Hotels deals from $40
- Hotels in New York 14281 Hotels deals from $38
More Top Destinations
- Lake Geneva
- Las Vegas
- De Pere
- Myrtle Beach
- Sturgeon Bay
- Atlantic City
- Traverse City
- Virginia Beach
- Ocean City
- Washington D.C.
- Fond du Lac
- New Orleans
- Pigeon Forge
- St Louis
- Niagara Falls
- San Antonio
- Grand Rapids
- Miami Beach
- La Crosse
- Eau Claire
- Panama City Beach
- San Diego
- Mackinaw City