Hotels in Islamorada, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Islamorada online
- Find a cheap hotel in Islamorada!
- Book at the ideal price!
ISLAMORADA, FOR A DREAM VACATION IN THE KEYS
Islamorada, FL, is a small beach paradise located at the beginning of the keys, more or less equally close to Key West and Miami. No one will blame you for choosing the peacefulness of this small town and its pure, unspoiled beaches over the very busy Miami and all its glitz.
If you’re thinking of Florida for your spring break but don’t really understand the hype about Miami, you should head a few miles further south, where you will enjoy a small harbor that will likely please you much more. All year round, whoever you are, wherever you’re from, the locals in Islamorada will welcome you into their lives with open arms. With a wide variety of available activities, ranging from hiking to fishing, you will never get bored in the fishing capital of the world!
NOT TO BE MISSED IN THE CITY
For such a small town, with less than 10,000 inhabitants, Islamorada offers a surprisingly high number of ways to visit it. A good example thereof is the cheap but comfortable air-conditioned buses that operate in the city, specifically to accommodate visitors. To discover the city’s marine riches, nothing better than a trip on a glass-bottomed boat, from which you can spot numerous species. And finally, for those who love all kinds of thrills, you can board an ultra-light airplane to fly over the region and discover all its marvels! Everyone who has ever done it regards it as a memorable experience, so you probably won’t be disappointed either!
If you’re not planning to bust your wallet on your stay in Islamorada, you don’t have to worry either. Though in general the Keys are thought to be expensive, Islamorada is a place where you can find quality lodging at more accessible prices. This is especially true for those who aren’t too keen on traditional hotels and would much rather enjoy more personal places.
If you recognize yourself in that description, quickly book a room at Conch On, a bed and breakfast that will surprise you with its quality-price ratio.
Don’t forget that if you are interested in history you would be very well-advised to go to Pioneer Cemetery. This place includes a statue of an angel which has a wing broken off. The story behind it is the disastrous Labor Day Hurricane, which ravaged Islamorada in 1935. Various memorial points for the victims of this tragedy are to be seen around the city.
MANY BEACH OPTIONS TO EXPERIENCE
When you go to the keys, you’re probably aware that you are going to be at the beach, whether you want it or not. So make the most of it by enjoying the various options that Islamorada offers you.
Plantation Yacht Harbor features a large swimming area as well as restrooms and stands selling food and drinks. For a comprehensive beach experience, you can also go there on Sunday afternoons, where live music is played starting at 2pm. Sometimes, on weekends, Plantation Yacht Harbor also hosts parties revolving around rock shows.
In Islamorada County Park, you can enjoy a beach on one side. This beach is located in a natural creek, which is a perfect environment for snorkeling. Though the current is strong at times, you can put on your snorkel and discover how many rare species are to be seen off the Islamorada coast!
If you prefer beaches with boardwalks for the activity, head to Matecumbe Key. But finally, the beach that Islamorada is most known for is referred to as Islamorada Beach or the Sand Bar. This beach, which you can only reach by boat, is literally a bar of sand in the middle of the ocean. You will love its crystal-clear water which looks just like what you can see on postcards.
And of course, to live your beach experience to the fullest, why not opt for the only 5-star hotel in Islamorada? If that’s what you want, book a room at the Checca Lodge. There, you will experience the best luxury that Islamorada has to offer.
EXPERIENCE NATURE IN ISLAMORADA
Islamorada, which is sometimes referred to as Islandmorada, will please anyone who likes to be in contact with nature.
For example, those who enjoy fishing will have a blast. Why? First of all, the city has the largest concentration of fishing boats in the entire Keys. And if you can’t afford getting your own boat, no worries! Boat fishing is a very common practice there. However, don’t forget it requires a license and your own equipment. But once you get that sorted out, go ahead and have a boat take you fishing! Islamorada is said to be the fishing capital of the world so there’s plenty of fish in the sea for you. And to top it off, many restaurants in the city will even agree to cook your catch, so you can add the fun of fishing to the pleasure of eating freshly caught fish.
Islamorada and some neighboring cities are following the development of off-road tourism, and thus looking into alternative rentals, but for now the offer in this area is fairly limited. No need to worry though, because you will find what you need in Islamorada’s very large selection of hotels. Some are more close to nature than others, so you will find what you’re looking for.
Islamorada is a great place for diving. Three spots are to be highlighted in that matter. First, the San Pedro Underwater Archaeological Preserve. This is the place to go if you enjoy serious diving. Even more if wreck diving is your thing. However, for those who prefer snorkeling, Cheeca Rocks are the better options. And finally, Hen and Chickens Reef is perfect for both diving and snorkeling. There, you will focus on the immense coral reef you will get to see.
For a hike to explore the Keys’ fauna and flora, nothing better than a day at the Lignumvitae Key State Botanical Site. There, you can stop to enjoy heavenly beaches, swim in the water or hike to make the most of the site’s biodiversity.
And finally, at the Theatre of the Sea, you will love seeing the many marine creatures that the park has. Among other things, you could get the chance to swim with dolphins!
This should make Islamorada, FL a complete nature experience which everyone can enjoy.
Price rangefrom $75to $949
- Hotel Oceanfront estate w/ private beach access, pool w/swim-up bar, hot tub, rec roomdeals from $120
- Hotel Cheeca Lodge & Spadeals from $190
- Hotel Boat, Fish, Swim From Your Own Dock! Vr-003deals from $6
- Hotel Relaxing Home In Paradisedeals from $6
- Hotel Pines & Palms Resortdeals from $177
- Hotel Sunsetdeals from $6
More Top Hotels
- Hotel La Siesta Resort And Marina
- Islander Resort
- Waterfront Cottage Great Rates !
- Completely Remodeled 2 Bedroom, 2 Bath Florida Keys Condo On The Atlantic Ocean
- No Hurricane Damage Anglers Reef Islamorada Fla Keys Oceanfront Pool
- Pelican Cove Resort & Marina
- The Island Dog Villa In Sport Fishing Capital Of The World Bring Your Boat
- La Jolla Resort
- Windley Cottage At Anglers Way
- Beautiful Keysey Condo With Boat Slip In Gated Community (vr-196)
- Oceanfront! Oceanfront! Oceanfront!
- Amara Cay Resort Islamorada
- Breezy Palms Resort
- Sands Of Islamorada
- Casa Linda Vacation Home With Concrete Dock
- Super Penthouse - Futura Yacht Club #603
- Oceanside Resort Home For The Best Getaway In Luxurious Anglers Reef
- Islamorada Haven On The Water
- Enjoy The Lifestyle Of The Key In Islamorada. Ask For A Winter Special By Month!
- The Corona Commercial 7 Day Minimum Rental
- True Ocean Front & Pool Side Stunning 2 Bedroom 2.5 Bath With Best Boat Slip #19
- Southern Diversion Estate - See Our Deal 5/20-5/26 500 Per Night
- Islamoradas Best Sunsets Are Waiting For You, At The Sunset Studio
- Fall Special- $1500/week! Anglers Reef Vacation Home With Boat Slip Included!
- New Listing!! Incredible Luxury Townhouse, On The Water! (boatslip Included)
- Bayside Condo Pool, Marina And Tennis
- Mm88 Best Keys Location Tranquil Wooded Lot Rooftop Stargazing, Fishing, Dining
- Tavernier Creek Waterfront Keys Cottage, Completely Remodeled
- Anglers Reef Resort Villas
- Drop Anchor Resort
- Pool/spa Oceanside Home With 70 Seawall - Perfect Location
- Beautiful Water Front In Anglers Reef With View Of Sand Bar With Boat Slip
- The Moorings Village & Spa
- Beautiful Condominium with with Ocean view, Protected Boat Slip, Tennis,
- Anglers Reef-yellowtail House
- Breathtaking Ocean Views For Your Paradise Vacations
- Days Inn and Suites Key Islamorada
- Gated Oceanfront 1.8 acre Estate on Millionaire's Row with Private Saltwater Poo
- Luxury Home Huge Pool & Dock Islamorada
- Brand New / Totally Renovated Luxurious Home New To Rental Market.
- Manatee Bay
- Newly Renovated Beach House , Wifi, Hot Tub, Ocean/bay Views, Dock... Paradise
- Hotels in Key Largo 1234 Hotels deals from $63
- Hotels in Miami Beach 7122 Hotels deals from $29
- Hotels in Miami 7325 Hotels deals from $51
- Hotels in Key West 2800 Hotels deals from $94
- Hotels in Fort Lauderdale 4219 Hotels deals from $20
- Hotels in Orlando 16878 Hotels deals from $27
More Top Destinations
- Daytona Beach
- Florida City
- Fort Myers Beach
- Fort Myers
- Duck Key
- Sanibel Island
- West Palm Beach
- Lake Buena Vista
- Boca Raton
- Panama City Beach
- St. Augustine
- Clearwater Beach
- Marco Island
- Pompano Beach
- Cocoa Beach
- St. Pete Beach
- Dania Beach
- Miami Springs
- Sunny Isles Beach
- Coral Gables
- Myrtle Beach
- Vero Beach
- Deerfield Beach
- Coconut Grove
- Palm Beach
- Captiva Island
- St. Petersburg
- New York
- Treasure Island
- Las Vegas
- Bonita Springs
- Delray Beach
- Cape Coral