Hotels in Islamorada, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Islamorada online
- Find a cheap hotel in Islamorada!
- Book at the ideal price!
ISLAMORADA, FOR A DREAM VACATION IN THE KEYS
Islamorada, FL, is a small beach paradise located at the beginning of the keys, more or less equally close to Key West and Miami. No one will blame you for choosing the peacefulness of this small town and its pure, unspoiled beaches over the very busy Miami and all its glitz.
If you’re thinking of Florida for your spring break but don’t really understand the hype about Miami, you should head a few miles further south, where you will enjoy a small harbor that will likely please you much more. All year round, whoever you are, wherever you’re from, the locals in Islamorada will welcome you into their lives with open arms. With a wide variety of available activities, ranging from hiking to fishing, you will never get bored in the fishing capital of the world!
NOT TO BE MISSED IN THE CITY
For such a small town, with less than 10,000 inhabitants, Islamorada offers a surprisingly high number of ways to visit it. A good example thereof is the cheap but comfortable air-conditioned buses that operate in the city, specifically to accommodate visitors. To discover the city’s marine riches, nothing better than a trip on a glass-bottomed boat, from which you can spot numerous species. And finally, for those who love all kinds of thrills, you can board an ultra-light airplane to fly over the region and discover all its marvels! Everyone who has ever done it regards it as a memorable experience, so you probably won’t be disappointed either!
If you’re not planning to bust your wallet on your stay in Islamorada, you don’t have to worry either. Though in general the Keys are thought to be expensive, Islamorada is a place where you can find quality lodging at more accessible prices. This is especially true for those who aren’t too keen on traditional hotels and would much rather enjoy more personal places.
If you recognize yourself in that description, quickly book a room at Conch On, a bed and breakfast that will surprise you with its quality-price ratio.
Don’t forget that if you are interested in history you would be very well-advised to go to Pioneer Cemetery. This place includes a statue of an angel which has a wing broken off. The story behind it is the disastrous Labor Day Hurricane, which ravaged Islamorada in 1935. Various memorial points for the victims of this tragedy are to be seen around the city.
MANY BEACH OPTIONS TO EXPERIENCE
When you go to the keys, you’re probably aware that you are going to be at the beach, whether you want it or not. So make the most of it by enjoying the various options that Islamorada offers you.
Plantation Yacht Harbor features a large swimming area as well as restrooms and stands selling food and drinks. For a comprehensive beach experience, you can also go there on Sunday afternoons, where live music is played starting at 2pm. Sometimes, on weekends, Plantation Yacht Harbor also hosts parties revolving around rock shows.
In Islamorada County Park, you can enjoy a beach on one side. This beach is located in a natural creek, which is a perfect environment for snorkeling. Though the current is strong at times, you can put on your snorkel and discover how many rare species are to be seen off the Islamorada coast!
If you prefer beaches with boardwalks for the activity, head to Matecumbe Key. But finally, the beach that Islamorada is most known for is referred to as Islamorada Beach or the Sand Bar. This beach, which you can only reach by boat, is literally a bar of sand in the middle of the ocean. You will love its crystal-clear water which looks just like what you can see on postcards.
And of course, to live your beach experience to the fullest, why not opt for the only 5-star hotel in Islamorada? If that’s what you want, book a room at the Checca Lodge. There, you will experience the best luxury that Islamorada has to offer.
EXPERIENCE NATURE IN ISLAMORADA
Islamorada, which is sometimes referred to as Islandmorada, will please anyone who likes to be in contact with nature.
For example, those who enjoy fishing will have a blast. Why? First of all, the city has the largest concentration of fishing boats in the entire Keys. And if you can’t afford getting your own boat, no worries! Boat fishing is a very common practice there. However, don’t forget it requires a license and your own equipment. But once you get that sorted out, go ahead and have a boat take you fishing! Islamorada is said to be the fishing capital of the world so there’s plenty of fish in the sea for you. And to top it off, many restaurants in the city will even agree to cook your catch, so you can add the fun of fishing to the pleasure of eating freshly caught fish.
Islamorada and some neighboring cities are following the development of off-road tourism, and thus looking into alternative rentals, but for now the offer in this area is fairly limited. No need to worry though, because you will find what you need in Islamorada’s very large selection of hotels. Some are more close to nature than others, so you will find what you’re looking for.
Islamorada is a great place for diving. Three spots are to be highlighted in that matter. First, the San Pedro Underwater Archaeological Preserve. This is the place to go if you enjoy serious diving. Even more if wreck diving is your thing. However, for those who prefer snorkeling, Cheeca Rocks are the better options. And finally, Hen and Chickens Reef is perfect for both diving and snorkeling. There, you will focus on the immense coral reef you will get to see.
For a hike to explore the Keys’ fauna and flora, nothing better than a day at the Lignumvitae Key State Botanical Site. There, you can stop to enjoy heavenly beaches, swim in the water or hike to make the most of the site’s biodiversity.
And finally, at the Theatre of the Sea, you will love seeing the many marine creatures that the park has. Among other things, you could get the chance to swim with dolphins!
This should make Islamorada, FL a complete nature experience which everyone can enjoy.
Price rangefrom $74to $938
- Hotel Oceanfront estate w/ private beach access, pool w/swim-up bar, hot tub, rec roomfrom $119
- Hotel Sunsetfrom $6
- Hotel Islander Resortfrom $438
- Hotel Luxury, Elegant, Water Front Home, Heated Pool, Plantation Key, Islamoradafrom $269
- Hotel Coconut Cove Resort and Marinafrom $130
More Top Hotels
- Sands Of Islamorada
- Cheeca Lodge & Spa
- #7 - Hidden Gem Islamorada Bay Side Condo - 2 Bd/2ba - 2nd Floor
- Breezy Palms Resort
- Chesapeake Beach Resort
- Island Style Keys Bungalow#4 - Cozy, tropical bungalow with heated pool!
- Tavernier Waterfront Retreat
- Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina
- Oceanfront! Oceanfront! Oceanfront!
- Spring & Summer Dates Available Licensed Rental Vr #131 ( No Boats)
- Pelican Cove Resort & Marina
- Amara Cay Resort Islamorada
- Flordia Keys Ocean Front Property
- Tropical Paradise with Private Beach, Pool and Tennis
- La Jolla Resort
- Bayside Condo In Idyllic Islamorada With Sunset Views
- Hotel La Siesta Resort And Marina
- Anglers Reef Islamorada 2/2.5 Dock Available Bikes, Kayak Available
- 2 Large Bedrooms And 2.5 Bath Oceanfront/Oceanviews- Dock Anglers Reef Islamorad
- Super Penthouse - Futura Yacht Club #603
- Fall Special- $1500/week! Anglers Reef Vacation Home With Boat Slip Included!
- Rates Reduced! White Marlin Beach House, Islamorada
- Beautiful Peaceful Home With Dockage
- Anglers Reef Oceanfront Complex W Pool & Beach-no Storm Damage-new 2 Vaca Markt
- Canal Front - Lower Matecumbe Key Peaceful Retreat With Heated Pool And Dock
- Anglers Reef-yellowtail House
- No Hurricane Damage Anglers Reef Islamorada Fla Keys Oceanfront Pool
- Magnificent Sunrises Await You At This Oceanfront Condominium
- Waterfront Paradise With Free Dockage - Contact Us To Price Your Stay
- Anglers Reef Home Boat Dock Available
- #6 - Hidden Gem Islamorada Bay Side Condo - 2bd/2ba - 1st Floor
- Islamoradas Finest Canal Front One Story Vacation Home Wifi-hdtv-no Stairs
- A Beauty On Two Converging Crystal Clear Canals
- Brand New Unique Deep Water Gulf Front Estate. Beach, Pool, Hot Tub And Docks
- Luxury 3 Bedroom Condo Overlooking Harbor With Ocean View, Boat Slip, Amenities
- Southern Diversion Estate - See Our Deal 5/20-5/26 500 Per Night
- Reduced Rates ?aquamarine ?oceanview+Dock+2 Master Suites+Pool+Spa+Gym+Tennis
- Anglers Reef Islamorada 2/2.5 great family home oceanfront community
- Luxury Bay Harbor Condo #211 With Boat Slip And View Vr #098
- Hotels in Key Largo 755 Hotels from $63
- Hotels in Miami Beach 4376 Hotels from $29
- Hotels in Miami 2345 Hotels from $50
- Hotels in Key West 1738 Hotels from $93
- Hotels in Fort Lauderdale 1927 Hotels from $20
- Hotels in Orlando 10206 Hotels from $27
More Top Destinations
- Daytona Beach
- Florida City
- Fort Myers Beach
- Fort Myers
- Duck Key
- Sanibel Island
- West Palm Beach
- Lake Buena Vista
- Boca Raton
- Panama City Beach
- St. Augustine
- Clearwater Beach
- Marco Island
- Pompano Beach
- Cocoa Beach
- St. Pete Beach
- Dania Beach
- Miami Springs
- Sunny Isles Beach
- Coral Gables
- Myrtle Beach
- Vero Beach
- Deerfield Beach
- Coconut Grove
- Palm Beach
- Captiva Island
- St. Petersburg
- New York
- Treasure Island
- Las Vegas
- Bonita Springs
- Delray Beach
- Cape Coral