Hotels in Jacksonville Beach, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Jacksonville Beach online
- Find a cheap hotel in Jacksonville Beach!
- Book at the ideal price!
Jacksonville Beach, Florida, United States: Florida’s First Coast
Jacksonville Beach, also known as Jax Beach, is located along Florida’s historic First Coast in the north-eastern part of the state. The area is popular with visitors both for its pleasant year-round temperatures and because of its accessibility to other popular local beaches, such as Neptune Beach and Atlantic Beach and to the city of Jacksonville, Florida. Jacksonville Beach has long stretches of soft sand, popular attractions, and a plethora of restaurants and hotels. Hotel accommodations offer ocean side, but also allow visitors to stay along the intracoastal waterway and to sites closer to the city.
Life on the Beach
Jacksonville Beach has more than six kilometres of sandy shores to offer visitors. On the beach, there are many recreational opportunities, as well as shops and restaurants. Life guards are provided year-round and there are several oceanfront hotels with direct access to the beach and private beach areas. While much of the beach is open for exploring, visitors should be aware of restrictions placed during sea turtle nesting season. Florida is the second largest nesting area in the world for the Loggerhead Sea Turtle, which nest from May through October. During these times, certain areas will be restricted. Lights, noise, and movement will also be closely monitored during evening hours. Overall, though, such restrictions generally add a layer of excitement to the visit as many eagerly look forward to the miracle of catching a glimpse of sea turtles hatching and making their way to the water. Excursions can be arranged that explain more and take visitors, safely and legally, to approved sites.
Other Popular Attractions
Jacksonville Beach has activities and attractions off the ocean, too. For those wanting to learn more about the area, a trip to Beaches Museum & History Park is in order. Here, guests can see a restored 19th century home, a railroad depot, and a 1911 steam locomotive, as well as one of the oldest historical structures in Jacksonville Beach, the Beaches Chapel. Players-By-The-Sea Theatre has been producing plays, musicals, and comedies for over 50 years and there are shows year-round. One of the most well-known attractions is the Jacksonville Beach Fishing Pier. At nearly half a kilometre long, the pier has long been a spot for weddings, fishers angling for that perfect marine catch, and sunset watching. Those interested in seeing the famed Florida lighthouses can takes short drives to Mayport Lighthouse and St. Augustine Lighthouse.
Parks and Preserves
The Jacksonville Beach area has many natural parks and preserves, in addition to public beach spaces. Oceanfront Park provides public access to a two-acre park with a sheltered picnic area, children’s playground, and sand volleyball court with dune walkover for access to the ocean. The intracoastal waterways near Jax Beach are just as lovely as the more famous beaches, and generally less busy. Cradle Creek Preserve is the newest example and has more than 40 acres of undisturbed natural beauty to explore along trails and elevated boardwalks. It’s also possible to canoe and kayak, thanks to a landing pier. The canoe and kayak access point is part of a trail system linking several waterfront parks along the waterway and St. Johns River. The saltwater marsh preserve is a nesting habitat for many endangered and threatened species, including the bald eagle and the West Indian manatee. Ecotours can provide visitors with a connection to this unique natural habitat.
Fun and Games
One of the most popular areas for fun is Jacksonville Beach Boardwalk. Here, you can shop, dine, and engage in water sport activities like paddle boarding. The real thrill, though, is the arcade game area and ride attractions. The boardwalk also provides easy walking paths straight to the hotel zone with beautiful beach views. Another beachside attraction is Adventure Landing & Shipwreck Island Waterpark where visitors can enjoy a lazy river, wave pool, and water slides. In the winter season, the park transforms into WinterFEST with nightly snowfall events, an outdoor ice skating rink, and indoor attractions like mini golf and laser tag. More adult fun can be found on board the Victory Cruise Casino in Jacksonville, a Vegas-style gambling ship that sails daily with slot machines and gaming tables. Connecting areas around Jax Beach is easy with a ticket on the Beaches Trolley. An inexpensive fare allows visitors to explore the different beach areas and attractions.
Price rangefrom $111to $1,433
- Hotel Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront, FLdeals from $139
- Hotel Hotel Casa Marinadeals from $136
- Hotel Charming Beach - Breathtaking Views, Luxurious Relaxing, Beach Front Condodeals from $6
- Hotel Live The Ocean Dream & 7 Min To Mayo Clinicdeals from $6
- Hotel Coconut Cottage - Two Bedroom Homedeals from $6
- Hotel Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville Beachdeals from $114
More Top Hotels
- Awesome House For A Great Vacation! Well Loved And Very Clean Home
- Amazing Beach House!
- Ocean Front #402 By Vacation Rental Pros
- Make Waves And Come Out Of Your Shell! Steps To The Beach!
- Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
- Lifes A Beach - On Ocean Property With Pool - 2bed/2bath Comfy Condo
- New To Market, Quiet Jax Bch House, Newly Renovated, 3 Hd Tvs, Pet Friendly
- Courtyard Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
- Seahorse Bungalow Five Short Blocks To The Ocean! Close To Mayo
- Quiet, Fun, Sun & Sand At The Beach Or The Pool - Come Alone Or W/ Family!
- Serene Oceanfront 1bedroom/1 Bath, Newly Renovated, Come Relax
- Salt Life! Special Rate! Luxury 5 Br 3 Full Bath Heated Pool! Steps 2 Beach!:)
- Ultra-Modern Beach Townhouse
- Beachcomber 301
- Steps To The Sand
- Sunnyside Up Townhome B One Block To The Beach
- Let Your Vacation Begin At Ocean Breeze 4 Blocks From Jacksonville Beach
- Best Western Oceanfront
- Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
- Two-story Condo With Ocean Views On Each!
- Salt And Sand Flip Flops In Hand!
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Beach
- It’S Not Just A Beach House.It’S An Experience! The Beach Is 1 Block Away
- Location, Location, Location
- Amazing! Panoramic Ocean Views From This 5Th Floor Get-Away And Pets Welcome
- Beach Lovers Dream - Big Luxury Condo! 1500sf
- Beautifully Renovated Beach House With Heated Pool, Large Covered Patio, Sleeps8
- Coastal Charm, Ocean Front, 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Enjoy Ocean View From Twin Palms Cottages Front Porch! Salt Air And Seagulls!
- Oceanfront Dream, 2/1, Pool, Quiet, Close to Everything
- Newly Renovated Beach House W/ Private Pool, Walk The Beach!
- Funky Beach Front House 3 Blocks From Restaurants, Boogy Boards And Grill.
- Steps From The Beach W/incredible Views! Family/pet Friendly!
- Tranquil Beachside Retreat
- Lanie's Beach House - Quiet/Close to Beach-Mayo-TPC
- 2 Br 2.5 Bath Beach Retreat
- Private & Amazing Top-Floor Beachdrifter 401 W Huge Wrap Balcony; 2/2 W Elev
- Chillin By The Sea - 2 Blocks From The Sand!
- Beach Cottage Style Studio Apt
- Brand New Spacious Home W/pool Great Location
- Luxury Living - Modern Beach Townhouse
- Sunnyside Up Townhome A One Block To The Beach
- Ocean Views From A Private Balcony! Steps From The Sand. Clean & Well Stocked.
- New! Jacksonville Beach Home W/pool - Near Ocean!
- Hotels in St. Augustine 4334 Hotels deals from $49
- Hotels in Jacksonville 1097 Hotels deals from $38
- Hotels in Orlando 18495 Hotels deals from $29
- Hotels in Ponte Vedra Beach 660 Hotels deals from $117
- Hotels in Atlantic Beach 172 Hotels deals from $44
- Hotels in Daytona Beach 2337 Hotels deals from $41
More Top Destinations
- Neptune Beach
- Fernandina Beach
- Miami Beach
- Lake Buena Vista
- Panama City Beach
- Fort Lauderdale
- St. Augustine Beach
- Cocoa Beach
- Ormond Beach
- Key West
- Clearwater Beach
- Myrtle Beach
- St. Pete Beach
- Daytona Beach Shores
- Orange Park
- Fort Myers
- Fort Myers Beach
- Sanibel Island
- Palm Coast
- New York
- St. Petersburg
- West Palm Beach
- Vero Beach
- Treasure Island
- Key Largo
- New Smyrna Beach
- Las Vegas
- New Orleans