Key West, Florida: A Place which Guarantees an Idyllic Beach Vacation
Can you believe that an island only four miles long and one mile wide has more than one million international visitors flocking to its stunning resorts and beachfront hotels every year? With easy access provided to the island by air, cruise ship, and ferry, it’s no wonder this Southernmost tip of the Florida Keys is the destination of choice for those looking to revitalize and unwind from the daily stresses of life. The Southern charm that draws visitors to this laid-back island known as the “Conch Republic” can be attributed to creatives like the famous American novelist, Ernest Hemmingway and American playwright Tennessee Williams, who resided in this area in the early 1900’s.
From Charming Hotels to Lavish Resorts
That same relaxed vibe is carried through to the multitude of lodging types on the island. There are countless hotels on the beach where you’ll immediately get that “Island feel”. However, these aren’t your only options. If it’s a family vacation you’re planning, you may want to consider booking hotels or vacation rentals that come with fully equipped kitchens. For those looking to have a luxurious stay, there is also a wide array of villas and five-star resorts on offer.
If you refine your search on trivago, you’ll find what best suits the budget and the size of your party. Whatever you decide, make sure to pack the sunscreen and a beach towel or two, in order to make the most of this spectacular island paradise.
Beach Life and Nightlife
Key West is not just famed for its coral reefs, swaying palms, and warm tropical weather, but also for waters sports like diving and snorkeling. With at least 11 Key West beaches on the island, sun seekers are in for a treat. When it’s time to unwind at the end of the day, no visit is complete without watching the sunset from Mallory Square.
If you’re not keen on solely lounging at the nearest beach, then why not board a glass-bottom catamaran to get a crystal-clear view of stingrays, turtles, and colorful fish in their natural habitat? You can also get a bird’s eye view of the island’s natural beauty by climbing the 88 steps of the Key West Lighthouse. The hike may just highlight the variety of beach vacation accommodation that’s on offer.
Now that you know what you’re doing throughout the day, what do you want to do at night? If you enjoy nightlife and a good party, then you may want to head out for a night on the town after spending a day in the sun. You can take a walk down Duval Street, where there’s a host of bustling bars and some of the very best spots to enjoy mouthwatering Caribbean cuisine and live entertainment.
Price rangefrom $101to $1,273
- Hotel Villa Palm Gardensdeals from $179
- Hotel Margaritaville Key West Resort & Marinadeals from $222
- Hotel Hotel Havana Cabana at Key Westdeals from $127
- Hotel Southernmost Beach Resort Key Westdeals from $178
- Hotel Quiet, Quaint And Conveniently Located!deals from $6
- Hotel Fairfield Inn & Suites Key Westdeals from $133
More Top Hotels
- Key West Harbour Oceanfront Suites
- Cute Condo W/ Free Shuttle, Private Patio, Shared Pool And Hot Tub
- Tropical Condo For Two With A Great Location In The Heart Of Old Town Key West
- Cozy, Dog-friendly Cottage W/ Patio - Walk To Shops, Restaurants, And More!
- Seashell Motel & Key West Hostel
- Angelina Guest House
- Endless dreams a boat on a mooring in Key West
- New Listing! Tropical Seaside Getaway, Perfect Romantic Retreat -near The Action
- Southernmost Inn
- Galleria Condominiums
- Freshly Renovated Condo W/ Shared Pool & Full Kitchen - Great Location!
- 24 North Hotel | Key West
- In Good Spirits Waterfront Condo W/Wrap-Around Balcony & Community Pool!
- Heron House
- Coral Cove
- Location, Location, Location - Walk To The Beach!
- Oceans Edge Key West Hotel & Marina
- The Perry Key West
- Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
- Hyatt Centric Key West Resort and Spa
- The Gates Key West
- Not Your Average
- Sunrise Suites Condo W/Water Views, Shared Pool/Hot Tub, Free Parking- Dogs Ok!
- SIMONTON CONDO 222
- Old Town Manor
- Douglas House
- New Orleans House
- Marrero's Guest Mansion
- Tropical Charming Cottage With Shared Refreshing Pool And Easy Beach Access
- Howe Condo 1016 1-B
- Southernmost Sanctuary
- Doubletree by Hilton Grand Key Resort
- Tranquility Cottage
- Cozy Cottage W/ Private Hot Tub, Tranquil Garden & Parking - Dogs Ok!
- A Two Bedroom Rooftop Condo In The Heart Of Old Town Key West
- Beautifully Appointed First Floor Condo In Truman Annex
- Sunny Condo W/ Entertainment, Balcony, & Great Location Near The Beach! Dogs Ok!
- Garden House
- Blue Marlin Motel
- Palm Gardens
- Hotels in Miami Beach 7679 Hotels deals from $31
- Hotels in Orlando 17722 Hotels deals from $29
- Hotels in Fort Lauderdale 4738 Hotels deals from $21
- Hotels in Miami 8209 Hotels deals from $54
- Hotels in Marathon 1522 Hotels deals from $75
- Hotels in Naples 6162 Hotels deals from $53
More Top Destinations
- Key Largo
- Fort Myers Beach
- Sanibel Island
- Daytona Beach
- Fort Myers
- Lake Buena Vista
- Panama City Beach
- Clearwater Beach
- Marco Island
- St. Augustine
- St. Pete Beach
- West Palm Beach
- Cocoa Beach
- Boca Raton
- Duck Key
- Pompano Beach
- Myrtle Beach
- Captiva Island
- St. Petersburg
- Florida City
- Dania Beach
- Treasure Island
- Vero Beach
- New York
- Las Vegas
- Miami Springs
- Bonita Springs
- Cape Coral
- New Orleans
- Sunny Isles Beach
- Palm Beach
- Deerfield Beach
- Ormond Beach
- Little Torch Key