Considering a Vacation in Monterey, California?
Monterey is known as one of many alluring cities along the California coastline. Travelers frequent the city to catch a glimpse of its well-known natural beauty. The combination of the spectacular Monterey weather, waterfront and city amenities, such as restaurants, nightlife, and tourist attractions, makes booking a hotel in Monterey Bay an incredible option for vacationers seeking convenience and ease.
Monterey Hotels, Beach Resorts, and More…
Within Monterey are a wide variety of lodging options from which visitors can find the perfect accommodation to meet their needs. Of course, there are many hotels in Monterey directly on the beach, well suited for sun worshippers and those who want to take full advantage of the oceanfront. Using trivago to refine a hotel search will narrow down Monterey hotels and help users to find either luxurious beach resorts or cozy bed and breakfasts. Visitors planning an extended stay, however, may want to look beyond hotels and consider vacation rentals, including beach homes and vacation condos.
With all this in mind, and trivago to facilitate the process of finding the ideal hotel, there is no reason to hesitate booking a beach vacation to Monterey, where nature, relaxation, and history combine to an engaging and memorable experience!
Take Advantage of the Monterey Weather and Festivities
The most popular time to visit Monterey in most certainly summer, when tourists flock the area to enjoy the strong summer sun and beaches. These temperatures are great for days of lounging on the beach or sightseeing, but keep in mind that the waterfront can attract chilly winds to the area year round.
Spring could also be a good time to visit the area - especially for travelers who would rather avoid the crowds. In April and May, the weather starts to heat up and the city welcomes summer with a large variety of festivals, from food and wine events to wildlife observation gatherings. Additionally, there are several art fairs which are perfect for perusing.
Grab the Beach Bag: Things to do in Monterey
With a cool-summer climate and plenty of beachfront, no vacation to Monterey would be complete without some fun in the sun; so don’t forget the sunscreen, towels and sunglasses! Visitors will find numerous beaches in Monterey, each with its own character and recreational activities. Visitors seeking a family-friendly beach day can enjoy calm waters and soft sand at Monterey State Beach, while the Monterey Bay Waterfront Park invites locals and vacationers alike to partake in a game of beach volleyball or perhaps enjoy a picnic.
Many visitors also take the opportunity to scuba-dive, and Fisherman’s Wharf is known as a place to spot sea lions, who enjoy the local fish market and have made the wharf their home. Additionally, Monterey is home to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, which is focused on research and conservation which welcomes two million visitors each year!
Lastly, if looking for a short escape from the sun, Monterey is also home to a plethora of museums and art galleries such as the Monterey Museum of Art, The Pacific House Museum, and the Monterey State Historic Park, also known as Old Monterey. In fact, visitors are invited to follow the Path of History and see some of the city’s most historic buildings.
Indulge in Fresh Seafood
With direct access to the Pacific, delicious and fresh seafood can be found throughout Monterey. A concentration of restaurants serving the catch of the day are located on Cannery Row. The street is water facing and is the perfect place to plan on grabbing a bite to eat while enjoying sea views or hopping from one historic attraction to the next. Visitors who enjoy eating out regularly may want to consider the many hotels near and on Cannery Row for accommodations in order to fully experience the culinary culture of the city.
Price rangefrom $34to $478
- Hotel Enjoy Fresh Mountain Air And The Mountain Spring Water At The Sink Tap.deals from $6
- Hotel Mountain Top Resort With A Million Dollar Viewdeals from $6
- Hotel Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spadeals from $198
- Hotel Hyatt Regency Montereydeals from $128
- Hotel Comfort Inn Monterey by the Seadeals from $63
- Hotel Monterey Fireplace Inndeals from $54
More Top Hotels
- Quaint Cottage In Old Monterey Message For Booking Options
- Hotel Stargazer Inn and Suites
- Spindrift Inn
- Casa Munras Hotel & Spa
- Best Western De Anza Inn
- Hotel Pacific
- Sanctuary Beach Resort
- Holiday Inn Express Monterey-Cannery Row
- Monterey Bay Lodge
- Hilton Garden Inn Monterey
- Comfort Inn Monterey Peninsula Airport
- Casa Verde Inn
- Arbor Inn Monterey
- Lone Oak Lodge
- Monterey Surf Inn
- Portola Hotel & Spa
- InterContinental The Clement Monterey
- Ocean/beach Front Property
- Monterey Fairgrounds Inn
- Inn By the Bay Monterey
- Marriott Monterey
- Super 8 Monterey
- Comfort Inn Monterey Bay
- Pelican Inn Monterey
- Quiet Wooded Guest Cottage
- Springhill Suites Marina The Dunes On Monterey Bay
- Hotel Monterey Bay Inn
- Casa Costagliola Best Deal In Carmel
- Elegantly Remodeled and Centrally Located Home in Monterey.
- California Dreamin’ At Its Best In Carmel California
- Hotel Monterey Oceanside Inn
- Cypress Point Golf, Ocean Sunset View, Single Level With 6 Bedrooms, 3.5 Bath
- Bay View Home W/ Deck, Close To Monterey Bay And A Quick Drive To The Beach!
- Pebble Beach's Finest
- Days Inn Monterey Downtown
- Monterey Fireside Lodge
- Candle Bay Inn
- Hampton Inn Monterey
- Best Western Park Crest Inn
- Hotel Rodeway Inn Monterey
- Old Monterey Inn
- Days Inn Monterey Fisherman's Wharf Aquarium
- Super 8 Monterey/Carmel
- Hotels in Pacific Grove 338 Hotels deals from $76
- Hotels in Carmel-by-the-Sea 474 Hotels deals from $103
- Hotels in San Francisco 4380 Hotels deals from $31
- Hotels in Santa Cruz 592 Hotels deals from $53
- Hotels in Seaside 175 Hotels deals from $49
- Hotels in Salinas 81 Hotels deals from $24
More Top Destinations
- San Jose
- Las Vegas
- San Diego
- Los Angeles
- Pismo Beach
- Pebble Beach
- Santa Barbara
- South San Francisco
- Santa Clara
- Morro Bay
- South Lake Tahoe
- San Luis Obispo
- Half Moon Bay
- Palm Springs
- Santa Monica
- Long Beach
- Palo Alto
- Paso Robles
- Big Sur
- Mountain View
- Redwood City
- Morgan Hill
- San Mateo
- San Bruno
- San Simeon
- Carmel Valley