From Manhattan and Beyond: No Shortage of Things to Do in New York City
New York City is a dream destination that offers something for everyone. When one imagines Manhattan or New York, most think of bright lights, Broadway shows, spectacular shopping, divine dining, and a never-ending nightlife.
A trip to New York City doesn’t have to break the bank, as there are plenty of budget-friendly lodging options like hostels and B&Bs. There is also no bad time to visit, as NYC is a year-round destination, with endless entertainment options in every season. No matter who you are, NYC is guaranteed to be an unforgettable vacation destination.
Customise Your Stay in New York City, with a Boutique Hotel or B&B
Each neighbourhood in Manhattan has its own character, so no two areas in New York City are alike. To assure a memorable experience, you may want to spend time deciding on both a neighbourhood and your ideal lodging style.
Popular suggestions for places to stay in relation to shopping, are the Upper East Side, midtown Manhattan, and SoHo. Those chasing bohemian vibes may be interested in basing their holiday in Chelsea or East Village.
NYC is home to many modern boutique properties, that offer more than the typical run-of-the-mill chain hotel. These charming hotels provide a more personalised approach to customer service and often feature uncommon amenities.
Most people don’t associate NYC with staying at a bed and breakfast (also known as a ‘bnb’), however, it can be a great option for those on a budget. There are several B&Bs throughout Manhattan which allow travellers to have the great location and attentive service of a high-end hotel, all at a fraction of the cost.
Finding places to stay can be overwhelming, especially in New York City, where there are so many lodging options. This is where trivago’s extensive database and search tools can help you by narrowing down your search to places that suit your requirements, or neighbourhoods that are the most convenient to your points of interest.
The “Big Apple” is an All-Season Destination
When pondering the best time to visit New York City, weather can be a crucial deciding factor. Generally, January is the coldest month, and July is the hottest. With hot days and warm nights, summer can be a great time to travel light.
Winters in NYC are milder than other parts of the state and other north-eastern US cities. Starting in November, many shops, especially designer boutiques on Fifth Avenue, put on fantastic holiday lights and displays. At the same time, expect to find pop-up shops in most of the city squares, which are great spots for finding unique gifts.
Depending on your interests, you may want to time your visit to New York City with one of the famous annual events, such as Fashion Week, in February and September, or New Year’s Eve in Times Square. Staying during Off-Broadway Week in February and October is recommended for theatre fans, as many show tickets are 2-for-1. Foodies will be interested in NYC Restaurant Week, held in January and July. With all that and more going on in all seasons of the year, there is never a bad time to stop by New York City.
From Wall Street to Times Square: “The City that Never Sleeps”
Some people come for the Broadway shows, while others for the retail therapy on Fifth Avenue. There are plenty of things to do in NYC – so there is no chance that a visit will be boring. The only problem? You may find it difficult to see and do everything and end up extending your holiday.
NYC is an urban hiker’s paradise and home to many famous sights like Central Park, the Empire State Building, and other icons of the city skyline. While out exploring, don’t forget to see the newest addition, One World Trade Center. As of its completion in 2014, it is the sixth tallest building in the world, and the highest in the western hemisphere.
Buying a New York City Pass can be a great way to save money and time by skipping the ticket lines. There are several city pass options to choose from, which include admission to must-see NYC attractions like the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the observation deck on top of the Rockefeller Center.
In addition, holders of the New York City Pass can use their tickets on the ferry to see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, or take a sightseeing cruise around the harbour. Overall, it is a great investment for those who want to see as much as possible!
Price rangefrom $41to $14,533
- Hotel Hotel Blue Moon Boutiquedeals from $47
- Hotel DoubleTree by Hilton New York City - Financial Districtdeals from $218
- Hotel Row NYCdeals from $230
- Hotel 1 & 2 Bedroom Apartments Just Off Park Avedeals from $6
- Hotel Hotel Hilton Garden Inn Times Squaredeals from $242
- Hotel HI New York City!deals from $50
More Top Hotels
- Holiday Inn Manhattan-Financial District
- Pod 51 Hotel
- Lovely Spacious Apartment Brighton Beach Near the Sea
- Wyndham New Yorker
- Hotel Pennsylvania
- Hotel Riu Plaza New York Times Square
- Brand New Apt Located In Ridgewood
- Hilton Garden Inn New York-Midtown Park Ave
- CITY ROOMS NYC - Times Square
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Metropolitan - New York City
- Hilton New York Fashion District
- Paramount Hotel New York
- (4FW) Chelsea Studio for Your Stay!
- THE PAUL NYC- Hotel New York City
- Country Inn & Suites New York City at Queens
- Studio Plus
- LIC Hotel
- Stewart Hotel
- The Roosevelt
- The Grand Nyc Apartments
- Hyatt Centric Times Square New York
- Hotel Grand Hyatt New York
- Fifty Hotel & Suites by Affinia
- Holiday Inn Manhattan 6th Ave - Chelsea
- Hotel Hudson New York
- Hilton Times Square
- Well Furnished 4-bedroom In Heart Of Midtown Manhattan
- Minutes To Manhattan, Near To Metro, Quiet, Safe Neighborhood And Market Nearby!
- Hotel Vetiver
- Distrikt New York City, Tapestry Collection By Hilton
- Radio City Apartments
- Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea
- Hampton Inn Manhattan-Times Square North
- Beautiful Apartment In Morningside Heights
- Americana Inn
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Chelsea
- Roger Smith Hotel
- Martinique New York On Broadway Curio Collection By Hilton
- 4 Bedroom Newly Renovated 2 Floor Home. Xpress Bus Direct Manhattan Or Si Ferry.
- Manhattan Lodging
- Midtown Apartment
- Hotels in Brooklyn 4465 Hotels deals from $67
- Hotels in Queens 1222 Hotels deals from $70
- Hotels in Jamaica 128 Hotels deals from $65
- Hotels in Bronx 320 Hotels deals from $86
- Hotels in Secaucus 55 Hotels deals from $91
- Hotels in Jersey City 2157 Hotels deals from $75
More Top Destinations
- North Bergen
- Atlantic City
- Fort Lee
- Staten Island
- Ocean City
- White Plains
- East Rutherford
- Lake George
- Washington D.C.
- Virginia Beach
- Garden City
- Oyster Bay
- Myrtle Beach
- New Rochelle
- Ridgefield Park
- Mount Pleasant
- Niagara Falls
- North Hempstead
- Pearl River
- Las Vegas