Hotels in Norfolk, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Norfolk online
- Find a cheap hotel in Norfolk!
- Book at the ideal price!
Norfolk, Virginia: America’s Naval City
Home to the world’s largest naval base, the city of Norfolk, Virginia has long been tied in with America’s maritime traditions. But that’s not all there is to this Mid-Atlantic city. Visitors soon discover that Norfolk is home to an assortment of interesting and exciting attractions, as well as a selection of historical spots that even a landlubber can enjoy.
Norfolk’s Maritime Legacy
Any trip to Norfolk, VA is sure to include a visit to at least one of the city’s maritime exhibits. While it’s unlikely you’ll be stepping within the grounds of Naval Station Norfolk, you can still retrace the city’s nautical heritage with relative ease at Nauticus, a maritime-themed museum and science centre. Adults and children alike can enjoy a trip to Nauticus, which offers a number of exhibits and interactive displays. The centre features the Hampton Roads Naval Museum, which displays a comprehensive history of sailing in the region. Peruse the displays and you’ll discover artefacts relating to the American Civil War, World War II, and much more. Also located at Nauticus, the USS Wisconsin is a declassified battleship that today serves as a museum. In fact, the Wisconsin was the very last battleship to be built on American soil. Take a tour of the gargantuan vessel and see what life at sea is like. Visit the Norfolk waterfront and you’ll catch a glimpse of an impressive three-mast tall ship with red sails: American Rover. If you truly want to experience an adventure on the high seas, or at least something akin to it, book yourself onto one of the ship’s tours. It’s worth your while.
History and Heritage in Norfolk
For travellers that prefer to keep their feet firmly on dry land, Norfolk is also home to a number of historic landmarks and attractions. The MacArthur Memorial Museum recollects the life of General Douglas MacArthur, who sailed in just about every major war you can imagine. The museum is full of insightful information and exhibits. Dating back to 1794, Willoughby-Baylor House is one of the oldest buildings in the city. Today, the historic property serves as a museum, collecting period furnishings and décor to portray what properties were like in the eighteenth and nineteenth century. Other notable historic properties in and around Norfolk include: Moses Meyers House; Hunter House Victorian Museum; Fort Norfolk; and Norfolk City Hall. All are easily accessed from the city’s hotels.
Popular Norfolk Tourist Attractions
If you prefer your tourist attractions to be a little more up-to-date, you’re in luck: Norfolk features a good supply of contemporary attractions and amenities. Virginia Zoological Park is a popular choice with many visitors, especially families. The zoo has been exhibiting animals for more than a century and today is home to the likes of lions, tigers, zebras, giraffes, and a whole host of other critters. Norfolk Botanical Garden is another attraction that proves popular with city visitors. Situated near the airport, the garden features not only flowers, shrubbery and trees, but also a host of water features. You hop aboard a boat and take a trip down the garden’s canal. Elsewhere in the city, Norfolk Scope, an 11,000-seater arena, regularly hosts concerts and sporting events, making it a common destination. The arena is home to the Norfolk Admirals ice hockey team. You can catch a baseball game at Harbor Park Stadium, home to the Norfolk Tides baseball club.
Enjoying the Arts
Cultured travellers looking to indulge in the fine arts can do so at their leisure. Norfolk houses a number of appropriate venues and facilities offering paintings, sculpture, performance, and more. The Chrysler Museum of Art is home to one of the best art collections in the Southeastern United States. Expect to see the work of Rodin, Matisse, Pollock, Warhol, and many more noted artists as you make your way around the museum. Harrison Opera House, home to the Virginia Opera, regularly hosts operatic performances. Meanwhile, Roper Performing Arts Center offers a regular schedule of dramatic performances. If you prefer something a little more contemporary, The NorVa next door is considered one of the best places in the region to catch live bands.
Hotels and Accommodations in Norfolk, VA
If you’re looking for a hotel in Norfolk, Virginia, you’ll find a wide selection of options in the downtown district and close to the waterfront. These include business hotels, chain hotels, guest houses, inns, extended stay properties, and more. A selection of other hotels can be found close to Norfolk International Airport. These hotels, which are convenient for those arriving in the city by air, are also suitable for travellers planning on visiting Virginia Wesleyan College. Visitors to Norfolk State University will find hotels in downtown Norfolk and on the waterfront better suited to their purpose.
Price rangefrom $35to $890
- Hotel Ocean View Inndeals from $42
- Hotel Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airportdeals from $54
- Hotel Norfolk Waterside Marriottdeals from $129
- Hotel Bay Inndeals from $49
- Hotel Courtyard Norfolk Downtowndeals from $96
- Hotel Motel 6 Norfolkdeals from $42
More Top Hotels
- Historic Cottage On The Bay
- Wyndham Garden Norfolk Downtown
- New! 2br Norfolk Apartment - Block From Beach!
- Hilton Norfolk The Main
- Super 8 Motel Norfolk-Chesapeake Bay Area
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Norfolk Virginia Beach
- Cozy Family Home At Oceanview Beach Location
- Rodeway Inn
- Beautiful Waterfront Cozy Cottage Near Downtown Norfolk-new Waterview Sunroom
- Motel 6 Norfolk Oceanview
- Immaculate Ocean Front 3 Story Beauty
- Downtown One Br Close To Evms, Chkd, Sentara. Walk To Restaurants/entertainment
- Surf Suite - Chic Apartment One Block from Oceanview Beach
- Ramada Limited Norfolk
- Residence Inn Norfolk Downtown
- Candlewood Suites Norfolk Airport
- Americas Best Value Inn Norfolk East Little Creek Road
- Quiet Getaway On The Bay
- Quality Suites Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport
- Dune Cottage Sun Suite (2 Bed/2 Bath Beach Condo)
- DoubleTree by Hilton Norfolk Airport
- SpringHill Suites Norfolk Old Dominion University
- Cozy Bay View Cottage right next to the Chesapeake Bay Beaches
- Hampton Inn and Suites Norfolk-Airport, VA
- Best Western Plus Holiday Sands Inn & Suites
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Norfolk Airport
- Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel
- Hampton Inn Norfolk-Naval Base
- Holiday Inn Norfolk Airport
- Hotel Econo Lodge at Military Circle
- Hotel Days Inn Norfolk Military Circle
- Live the Life on a Sandbar in a beachfront bungalow!
- Read The Reviews - Everyone Loves Dolphin Daze!
- Rooftop Delight - Bay Front
- Cozy Mother-in-law Suite
- Life On A Sandbar! Direct Waterfront! Smoke-free Property! Two Kayaks!
- On The Water, Large Balcony, Great Beach, Historic, Romantic
- Bay Breeze Anchor Suite
- Cute Condo One Minute Walking To The Beach
- Beach Cottage Breeze Suite (2 Bed/1 Bath Condo 1 Block From Beach)
- Perfect Family Beach House Rental
- 3 Bedroom 2 Bath On The Water
- Luxury Home. Steps from the Chesapeake Bay
- Hotels in Virginia Beach 2933 Hotels deals from $33
- Hotels in Chesapeake 157 Hotels deals from $44
- Hotels in Williamsburg 658 Hotels deals from $31
- Hotels in Portsmouth 71 Hotels deals from $63
- Hotels in Newport News 170 Hotels deals from $31
- Hotels in Hampton 207 Hotels deals from $42
More Top Destinations
- New York
- Ocean City
- Myrtle Beach
- Washington D.C.
- Atlantic City
- Las Vegas
- Kill Devil Hills
- Pigeon Forge
- Glen Allen
- Rehoboth Beach
- Miami Beach
- North Myrtle Beach
- New Orleans
- Daytona Beach