Beach Vacations in Old Orchard Beach: Seven Miles of Paradise
Does anything provide a more quintessential New England vacation than spending time on the waterfront in a coastal town? With seven miles of beach, an old pier, and plenty of nearby activities, Old Orchard Beach, Maine provides everything you could want while vacationing on the Atlantic, including lodging choices along the beach.
Where to Stay in Old Orchard Beach
When looking to stay in Old Orchard Beach, you’ll see vacation rentals, hotels and resorts lining the beach and Grand Avenue, which runs right behind the beachfront area. This strip is where the vast majority of the town’s accommodations are located, although there are campsites and RV parks further from the ocean. Booking a beachfront property puts you close to the swimming and sunbathing opportunities of the waterfront, in addition to the fishing, boating, and sightseeing tours available.
If you’d prefer something different from a beachfront resort, beach house rentals are also possible in the town. Unlike in a hotel or resort, you’ll be on your own in your beach house, but you’ll have the freedom to make yourself at home while remaining close to the pier and the beach. Refine your search on trivago to find the perfect house to meet your needs.
Maximize Your Beach Days in the Summer
Staying at the nearest beach also allows you to spend as much time as possible enjoying the outstanding Old Orchard Beach weather in the summer months. Outdoor summer events include the Seaside Pavilion 4th of July Patriotic Concert, Evening Entertainment in the Square, the Old Orchard Beach Olympics, and the annual OOB Car Show, all of which take place at or near the waterfront.
Old Orchard Beach Attractions
Much of the town’s activity takes place near Old Orchard Beach Pier, which marks the midway point between the east and west parts of town. On the pier, you’ll find a restaurant and a pub, while a number of other eating and drinking establishments are nearby. In addition, weekly firework displays take place during the summer. There is a historic amusement park called Palace Playland near the pier, providing entertainment if you’re traveling with children. Because there is so much activity here, Old Orchard Beach hotels in the area are in high demand.
If you’d prefer to spend some time away from your beachfront property, Dunegrass Golf Club is open to the public and Deep Brook Golf Course is just outside of town. Old Orchard Beach also has Funtown Splashtown US, an amusement park and water park combination with water slides and other attractions. Veteran’s Memorial Park, which, along with the The Ballpark, hosts the Concerts in the Park series, where different performances are held each week.
Spending Your Beach Vacations at Old Orchard Beach
When first researching Old Orchard Beach, the first thing you’ll notice is that almost everything in the town is around the beach. The beach runs the entire length of the town and many beach houses and hotels are located up and down the waterfront area, with very little being inland. This area provides an outstanding place to not only get out there and enjoy the warm weather, but to spend your time sitting on the beach or enjoying the local activities in this spirited small town.
Price rangefrom $41to $417
- Hotel Grand Beach Inndeals from $103
- Hotel Alouette Beach Resortdeals from $93
- Hotel Hotel Waves Oceanfront Resortdeals from $6
- Hotel Green Dolphindeals from $6
- Hotel Ocean Walkdeals from $6
- Hotel Marvin Gardensdeals from $88
More Top Hotels
- The Oceanic Inn
- Luxurious Ocean Front Condo In Old Orchard Beach, Maine
- Grand Victorian Unit 307
- Normandie Motor Inn
- Located In The Heart Of Old Orchard Beach!
- Quality Ocean Park Rental Just Minutes From Maine's Premier 7 Mile Sandy Beach
- Friendship Oceanfront Suites
- Island View Motel
- Sea View
- Hotel Atlantic Breeze Inn
- Wonderful Ocean Views!
- Concorde Motel
- Echo Motel & Oceanfront Cottages
- Sea Cliff House
- Beachfront Condo With Live Entertainment And 7 Mile Beach Steps Away
- Ocean View Condominium
- 4 Bdrm Home &/or 2-2bdrm Apts-steps To Beach W/no Streets To Cross
- Oobeach Cottage 300 Steps To The Beach!
- Cozy, Quiet Short Walk To Beach Amusement Park
- Last Minute Vacation Plans To Old Orchard Beach? We Have Vacancies.
- Pearl By The Sea Condo
- Beachfront In A Perfect Location!!!! A Relaxing Choice!
- Location, Location, Location
- Oceanview with Large Deck, Historic Cottage
- 100 Yards To Beach And A Short Walk To The Pier.
- Old Orchard Beach Getaway
- One Bedroom Oceanfront Condo @ The Brunswick On Old Orchard Beach
- Little Miss Cottages
- Large 3 Bedroom W/ Air Conditioning & Free Beach Parking At Owners Beach House
- Copley Lareine
- Pine View Lodge
- Short Walk To The Beach! July 7th -14th Still Available!
- Elmwood Motor Court
- Beau Rivage
- Sea Drift Motel
- The Sandpiper Beachfront Motel
- Historic beach house w/ wrap-around porch - 5 blocks to the beach, 2 dogs OK!
- Atlantic Birches Inn
- Nautical Point Maine-75 Yards To The Beach
- Sandcastle Inn & Motel
- Hotels in Portland 768 Hotels deals from $68
- Hotels in South Portland 153 Hotels deals from $73
- Hotels in Scarborough 200 Hotels deals from $73
- Hotels in Kennebunkport 342 Hotels deals from $103
- Hotels in Saco 176 Hotels deals from $52
- Hotels in Ogunquit 416 Hotels deals from $49
More Top Destinations
- New York
- Bar Harbor
- Atlantic City
- North Conway
- Ocean City
- Myrtle Beach
- Virginia Beach
- Boothbay Harbor
- Cape Elizabeth
- Las Vegas
- Washington D.C.
- Lake George
- Niagara Falls
- York Beach
- Miami Beach
- Pigeon Forge
- New Orleans
- West Yarmouth