Hotels in Panama City, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Panama City online
- Find a cheap hotel in Panama City!
- Book at the ideal price!
A Popular Stop Along the Florida Panhandle - It’s Panama City
Located along Route 98 on Northwest Florida’s Emerald Coast, Panama City is a popular stop between Tallahassee and Georgia. The city boasts a subtropical climate and is popular with families, not least because of its easy access to area theme parks and proximity to the Gulf Coast beaches in neighbouring Panama City Beach. Accommodation options here come in a variety of flavours so whether you’re looking for cheap B&Bs or plush hotels, finding a bed for your stay shouldn’t prove too tricky.
Cultural Highlights in Panama City
The Panama City cultural scene is on the small side but interesting nonetheless. Visitors can explore Historic St. Andrews, located two miles east of Hathaway Bridge. This area is home to the Panama City Publishing Company (established circa 1920) as well as annual events such as the Blessing of the Fleet and the city’s Mardi Gras celebrations. The area also plays host to a weekly waterfront Farmer’s Market (Saturdays at the Smith Yacht Basin) and the annual Boat Parade of Lights. Free walking tours of Historic St. Andrews are available twice-weekly; meet at the Publishing Museum at 2.30pm on Wednesday or Friday. Additional cultural highlights to explore in Panama City include the Science & Discovery Center of Northwest Florida (Airport Road) and the Panama City Center of the Arts (East 4th Street).
Enjoy Shopping, Dining, and Entertainment
The shopping scene in Panama City is thriving. Retail enthusiasts can get their fix at several large malls and shopping centres. Among the most popular of these is the Panama City Mall, the one million square foot Pier Park, and the Carillon Beach open-air mall. All these destinations offer a good selection of dining options alongside big box and speciality independent stores. Those visitors seeking seafood, however, should head to the Panama City or St. Andrews Marinas; the dining spots found here are often first in line for the catch of the day. During the day, you can explore artistic spaces such as the Vision Quest Artist Emporium and the Paul Brent Gallery and, as night falls, entertainment options in the city include the Kaleidoscope Theatre, a community theatre since 1970, and Martin Theatre, a cultural hub offering movies, concerts, and theatre performances since 1936.
Theme Parks and Day Trips in the Area
Many theme park type attractions in Panama City are actually found in Panama City Beach. However, the 15-minute drive is well worth the effort. Attractions such as the Shipwreck Island Waterpark and the Aerial Adventure Park offer a great deal of fun for the whole family. Animal lovers can explore Gulf World and the ZooWorld Zoological and Botanical Conservatory while golfers can while away a few hours on the fairways of the Bay Point Resort Golf Club, home to the Nicklaus and Meadows Courses. And if you’d rather get off the beaten track for a while, escapism comes easy thanks to the nature trails and fishing piers at the beautiful St. Andrews State Park. You might also consider heading over to Shell Island; an uninhabited island far removed from the busy tourist areas. Here, you can snorkel and kayak or simply relax and count how many Bottlenose dolphins you can see from your spot in the sand.
Exploring the Wider Area
Panama City provides a great base from which to explore your wider surroundings; there are several points of interest along the coast as well as further inland. Start your exploration with the many beautiful beaches within easy reach; both Mexico Beach and Grayton Beach State Park are both worthy of a spot on your must-visit list. To the north of Panama City, and within an 80-minute drive of the downtown district, lies the spectacular Florida Caverns State Park; the only state park in Florida to offer tours of dry (air filled) caves. This park boasts features such as the nine-hole Florida Caverns Golf Course and the stunning Blue Hole Spring. Plus, with Pensacola and Tallahassee within a 2.5-hour drive, a day trip to these popular cities is on the cards. Further information about what to see and do in the city and its surrounding areas is available from the Panama City Museum and Visitor’s Center on Beck Road.
Price rangefrom $30to $466
- Hotel Shores of Panama 608-1BR+Bnk-Nov 16 to 19 $581-$1150/MO 4Winter-Gulf&Pool Viewsdeals from $103
- Hotel Dolphin Beach Home.rent Our Beach Homes For Your Panama City Beach Vacation!deals from $92
- Hotel Laketown Wharf Resortdeals from $149
- Hotel Perfect Family Spring Break! 2 B/1ba; Pets Ok; Private Fenced Yard Free Wifi,cbldeals from $6
- Hotel Shores Of Panama 2320deals from $122
- Hotel New Ocean Front Condo at the Majestic! This 1 BR / 1 BA (Sleeps 4deals from $129
More Top Hotels
- Waterfront condo w/ balcony, beach, shared pool/hot tub! Snowbirds welcome!
- Sunbird - Wonderful Ocean Front Condo
- Calypso Resort - 3 Bedroom Condo - Fsv 54377
- Beachfront 2 Bd, 2 Ba, Great Deal, Next To La Vella, Great Amenities By Zia
- Unit 215 - 2Nd Floor - Reserved Parking - Amenity Fees Included In Price
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Panama City, FL
- Hotel La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama City
- Beautiful 11th Floor Condo, Sleeps 6. Free Activities! Same Level Reserved Parking Space
- Emerald Beach 2234
- Shores Of Panama 1008 Amazing Condo Filling Fast Rsvp Asap
- Oceanfront Beach Resort Condo W/ 11 Shared Pools, Hot Tubs, & More!
- Hotel Comfort Inn & Suites
- Free Beach Chair Service! 2 Br /2 Ba At Treasure Island - Pet Friendly!
- Perfect Beach Home Getaway
- Emerald Beach Resort By The Resort Collection
- 2nd Floor Condo At The Summit - 1 BR/1 BA With Bunk Area. Incredible Gulf Vie
- 1410 Watercrest
- Panama Breeze! Serene, Comfortable, And Affordable! Very Competitive Prices!
- Hotel Ramada Panama City
- Seacrest Studio Nestled Between Rosemary & Alys Beach On 30A
- Days Inn Panama City Callaway
- New Listing Special! Cleaning Fee Waived Through August 2017!
- Econo Lodge Panama City
- Downtown Carillon 3-304
- The Crab Shack
- A Modernized Shotgun Style House With Top Tier Amenities.
- Grand Panama 2-803 By Zia
- Brand New Beach Townhouse W/ Private Pool - Steps From The Beach
- Affordable Framily Beach Retreat
- Beautiful View Of The Gulf Waters, White Sandy Beaches And Sunsets At 414
- Panama City Beach 3br Renovated House
- Popular Origins Condo - Beautiful Rooftop Views Of The Gulf!
- Mariner East - Huge Top Floor Beachfront Balcony-6th Floor, Sleeps 6 W/ Bunks
- 23rd Floor, Spacious Layout, Sleeps 8! Hd Directv
- Splash Resort 1507w
- 110 Foot Surround Balcony, 20th Floor! Beachfront, Outrageous Views
- Gulf Front Luxury Condo at Watercrest Resort! Views, Views, Views!
- Outstanding View Of Sunsets-luxurious Corner, 3 Br And Each Has Private Balcony
- Panoramic Bay Vew, Private Dock, 2 Acres, Designers Home, Pcb
- Beautiful 3 Bedroom/2 Bath, Professionally Decorated End Unit
- Best Kept Secret In Panama City Beach
- 5th Floor Gulf Front Unit - Great View - Newly Furnished
- Long Beach Resort By Panhandle Getaways
- Bright, Oceanfront Retreat W/ Shared Swimming Pool - Snowbirds Welcome!
- Hotels in Panama City Beach 10464 Hotels deals from $43
- Hotels in Destin 6968 Hotels deals from $50
- Hotels in Orlando 13828 Hotels deals from $26
- Hotels in Fort Walton Beach 2082 Hotels deals from $41
- Hotels in Pensacola 902 Hotels deals from $39
- Hotels in Miami Beach 5917 Hotels deals from $28
More Top Destinations
- Daytona Beach
- St. Augustine
- Pensacola Beach
- Fort Lauderdale
- Key West
- Lynn Haven
- Clearwater Beach
- Lake Buena Vista
- New Orleans
- St. Pete Beach
- Myrtle Beach
- Cocoa Beach
- Fort Myers
- New York
- Fort Myers Beach
- Sanibel Island
- Las Vegas
- St. Petersburg
- Treasure Island
- Key Largo
- Santa Rosa Beach
- West Palm Beach
- Ormond Beach
- Gulf Breeze
- Pigeon Forge
- Gulf Shores
- Virginia Beach