Hotels in Panama City Beach, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Panama City Beach online
- Find a cheap hotel in Panama City Beach!
- Book at the ideal price!
Panama City, The World's Most Beautiful Beaches
Panama City Florida is situated between St. Andrews Bay and the Gulf of Mexico, what was once an industrial and partially military city, has since transformed into an idyllic travel destination for Spring Breakers, family vacations, and beach resort escape.
Panama City beaches are known to be one of the world's most beautiful. Hotels, motels and inns are among the options that can be found on the oceanfront and inland. Visitors often find that rates vary depending on time of year and season in Panama City.
Transportation to Beach Destination
Getting around in Panama City Beach is relatively easy. Many opt to rent scooters for getting around but taxis are also fairly prevalent. Unique to the city is the Bay Town Trolley system which runs throughout the city.
The nearest airport, Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport is approximately 16 miles from the city. One of the prominent features of Panama City, FL, is its white sand beaches that stretches for about 27 miles along the Gulf of Mexico, with plenty oceanfront hotels to choose from. In fact Panama City encompasses five major beaches: Rick Seltzer Park, St. Andrews State Park, Russel-Fields Pier, Camp Helen and Long Beach. Many of these locations offer an array of entertainment and accommodations from the cheap to high-end upscale. Whatever your budget may be, there's something for everyone.
SPRING BREAK CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
During the months of March and April, Panama City, Florida transforms into a Spring Break destination with over 100,000 schools in the area. Make your hotel reservations fast! The area becomes, “The Spring Break Capital of the World". Visitors during the break season should not miss out on the legendary Tiki Bar located right on the Sandpiper Beach Resort. Or the 15 other clubs and pubs Spring Break crawl with live concerts and contest events. While fun is available for all ages, Spring Break events are mostly limited to those 21 and above. If you fall under the age limitation, there are still plenty of activities and amusement themes to experience and explore.
ACTIVITIES AND FUN IN THE SUN
Rent a scooter, race some go-karts, ride a slingshot or drive a dune buggy. These are just some of the things you can do while having fun in the sun in lovely Panama City, Florida. But for the adventure seekers there are plenty of options. At the Shell Island go snorkeling and swim with dolphins at the Dolphin Discovery. Cool off and have some fun at the Shipwreck Island Waterpark or Catamaran Cruise Adventure. Satisfy your curiosity by visiting the Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum. Learn about fish and the local habitat at the Gulf Island Marine Park. Or simply play a round of golf at the Holiday Golf Club.
For fun on the open waters, try some deep sea fishing or spear fishing using any of the locally licensed private charter boats. There are even boats with glass bottoms so that the passengers can really have a peak into the plentiful ocean life in and along Panama City Beach's waters. Scuba Diving and surf lessons are also available at the many shops and service providers along the ocean front.
Panama City Beach is home to many conventions and live events. If your visiting for only a brief time, be sure to look into what possible events might be taking place.
Consider staying at a serviced apartment, sometimes the rates are equal to if not less than some hotels. Serviced apartments are often equipped with added features and amenities such as a functional kitchen or wash room. Majestic Beach is one such apartment with relatively competitive rates that vary depending on season.
The Pearl is a rather upscale hotel, takes reservations and is slightly further away from the city center, by approximately 12 miles. It is however, a quiet setting and if this is an important criteria, it is worth considering.
The Comfort Suites is hotel that is located just 2 miles from the city center. Here, you have the convenience of being close to all the fun and being far enough so that the noise of the city becomes too cumbersome.
TIPS FOR TRAVELERS
Because of the location, Panama City is blessed with warm and sunny weather mostly year round. While activities are available year round be sure to research and determine what activities might or might not be available during your visit. Fishing certain species of fish might be out of season. Similarly various water crafts and activities might be out of season as well.
Fresh caught seafood is plentiful along the waterfront and restaurants, make sure to ask your server what the specials of the day are. Many seafood restaurants operate on or near boardwalks.
To avoid the crowds of Spring Breakers, avoid planning your travel on the busy months of March and April. Events and theme parks operate mostly year round so there's never a lack of things to do.
If your looking to become scuba certified, be sure to set aside at least 5 days, depending on the program and regimen and scuba diving school. The waters in Panama City Beach, are extremely clear making it an ideal place to dive and become certified. Additional water sports and activities such as jet-skiing are widely available along the beach.
Price rangefrom $43to $445
- Hotel Beautiful Oceanfront 1 Bedroom Condo at Long Beach Resort Free Beach Chairsdeals from $5
- Hotel Gulf Highlands 133deals from $5
- Hotel Beachfront, Ocean View, Sunsets, Resort, Indoor & Outdoor Activities, Quiet Unitdeals from $44
- Hotel Majestic Beach Towersdeals from $85
- Hotel Top of the Gulf by Emerald View Resortsdeals from $78
- Hotel Every Room Directly On The Beach, First Floor Location, On Beach In 2 Minutes!deals from $81
More Top Hotels
- Continental Condominiums
- Wyndham Panama City Beach
- Elegant, Fully Furnished 1 Bedroom, Near Capt.andersons, 2 Miles From Beach.
- Shores Of Panama - 2 Br Condo, Panama City Beach - Rjv 50019
- Ocean Front! Splash 605e!1bd/2ba, Sleep 6. Free Beach Chairs! Owner Operated
- West End Beach Getaway Endless Summer Condominium
- Edgewater Beach & Golf Resort
- No Amenity Fee. Direct Gulf Front. Largest 1 Bedroom/bunk. Free Beach Chairs
- Condo With Beach Views, Shared Pool And Hot Tub
- Awesome! Spacious Townhome W/garage, Pool, 5 Minute Walk To Beach, Sleeps 4
- Legacy By The Sea
- 5th Floor Gulf Front-Turquoise Water & Sugar White Sand on Gulf of Mexico
- Tidewater Beach Resort by Wyndham Vacation Rentals
- Hotel Laketown Wharf Resort
- Origin At Seahaven
- Sunswept Condominiums
- Beach Front Condo - Last Minute Discount In August
- Oceanfront Studio On Private Beach, W/indoor Pool Access!
- Fall Special $88 A Night And Get Your Dates For 2018 Now!
- Fontainebleau Terrace
- Boardwalk Beachfront, 3rd Floor! Best View at Boardwalk! Beach Chairs/Umbrella
- Beachside Resort Panama City Beach
- New Listing! Cozy Condo With Private Patio, Near Beach & Dining!
- Exceptional 2 Bedroom/2 Bath - Upscale Oceanfront Condo - Remodeled Spring 2015!
- Pet Friendly, Low Floor, Wi-Fi, Pool, Hot tub, Beachview, 2 Balconies and Huge!
- 3 Night Stays Now Welcome At Gulf Front Condo! Amazing Gulf Views In Quiet Condo
- Gorgeous Beach Front/Free Wifi/Snow Birds Welcome $1450/Month
- Boardwalk 2107
- Updated 7th Floor Beach Retreat With Beach Chair Service And Two Master Suites
- Inn at St Thomas Square
- Stunning Beachfront Condo On Emerald Coast At Great Rates!
- Spring Break Ready! Book Now For Summer 4 Bedroom / Sleeps 10
- Celadon Beach 1103 - Gulf Front! Heated Community Pool! Fitness Room! Book Today
- Great Condo, Great Rates, Many Amenities!
- 2 Bed 2 Bath Gulf Front
- Front Beach Condo 15617
- Space out and enjoy the relaxing settings of Top of The Gulf 'Chillax Unit'
- Free Beach Chairs Gulf Front Condo 2 Bed 2 Bath, 3Rd Floor Panoramic View
- Hotel Ocean Breeze By The Sea
- Oceanfront Studio W/ Shared Pool, Close To Beach & Golf - Snowbirds Welcome!
- Beautiful Condo On The Gulf Free Beach Chairs
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Panama City Beach - Beachfront
- Edgewater Beach Resort #2303 First Floor - Beach, Pools, Tennis, Golf And More
- Hotels in Panama City 1127 Hotels deals from $29
- Hotels in Destin 7645 Hotels deals from $50
- Hotels in Orlando 16354 Hotels deals from $26
- Hotels in Fort Walton Beach 2446 Hotels deals from $41
- Hotels in Pensacola 1090 Hotels deals from $39
- Hotels in Miami Beach 6879 Hotels deals from $28
More Top Destinations
- Daytona Beach
- Pensacola Beach
- St. Augustine
- Key West
- Fort Lauderdale
- Lake Buena Vista
- Clearwater Beach
- New Orleans
- St. Pete Beach
- Myrtle Beach
- Cocoa Beach
- Lynn Haven
- Fort Myers
- New York
- Fort Myers Beach
- Santa Rosa Beach
- Sanibel Island
- Las Vegas
- St. Petersburg
- Treasure Island
- Gulf Breeze
- Key Largo
- Gulf Shores
- West Palm Beach
- Pigeon Forge
- Ormond Beach
- Virginia Beach