Hotels in Richmond, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Richmond online
- Find a cheap hotel in Richmond!
- Book at the ideal price!
Richmond: A Notable Virginian Destination Particularly Appealing to History Enthusiasts
Richmond, Virginia is rich with Civil War history and often recognised in travel publications as an excellent place to live and visit. Tourists from around the globe stay in Richmond's hotels and see things like the State Capitol Building, designed by former president Thomas Jefferson, or St. John’s Episcopal Church, where famous orator and politician Patrick Henry gave his well-known speech, which included the phrase "Give me liberty, or give me death!" Richmond also features Hollywood Cemetery the second-most visited cemetery in the country, which includes the remains of 22 Civil War Confederate generals, and two U.S. presidents.
See a Film in an Appealing Setting
Richmond's Byrd Theatre is a state and nationally recognised historic landmark built in 1928, during an era where going to the cinema was an especially important cultural activity. Unlike other movie houses that were also constructed during that time, the Byrd Theatre is largely the same today as it was decades ago. While sitting in one of the seats, gaze up at a glittering chandelier, or admire a beautiful harp displayed behind a glass pane. Also, this venue has one of the nation's still-operational Wurlitzer organs. It was initially installed to accompany silent movies at the theatre, and is still played regularly before some film showings. Richmond also includes many cinemas that show independent, art house films. If you're looking for a place to catch a movie that may not ever be shown in your hometown, this city could make it possible. Some of the cinemas that specialise in little-known films feature thoroughly updated theatres with perks like leather, rocking-chair style seats and stadium-type layouts that provide great views.
Wander Down Monument Avenue
Monument Avenue is a National Historic Landmark District that spreads across 470,000 square meters. As you might guess from its name, this area in Richmond features elegant statues. The first was erected in 1890 to memorialise Robert E. Lee, the Civil War Confederate leader. There are several other statues related to the Civil War, along with one that depicts Arthur Ashe, a tennis star who was raised in the city. Besides looking at the monuments, you can spend time in this inviting Virginia district admiring historical architecture from the early 1900s, since only minimal remodelling has been done to many of the residences that remain. Because Monument Avenue is the site of many special events, visitors often book hotels nearby to enjoy them. Easter on Parade is a springtime celebration where people gather in their finest clothing. Plus, there are days throughout the year, such as Robert E. Lee's birthday, which feature people marching in Civil War garb out of respect for Confederate soldiers.
Richmond is a Shopper’s Paradise
Whether you want to give business to a quaint boutique that sells vintage clothing or are eager to buy fresh produce and baked goods from a farmer’s market. Richmond offers ample opportunities to do those things and more. Many of the area’s newer shopping facilities are open-air destinations complete with outdoor seating areas, lovely landscaping and towering fountains. If you want to find something eclectic to help you remember your Virginia trip, look no further than Carytown, a vibrant neighbourhood that includes Cary Court, the oldest shopping centre on the East Coast. It features an Art Deco style and was constructed in 1938. Also, keep in mind that most of Richmond’s museums and historic landmarks have gift shops that sell themed wares, such as books, postcards, magnets and clothing. Visitors often frequent them and find interesting merchandise to bring back to their hotels. Maybe someone you know is fascinated by science or loves fine art. If that’s the case, Richmond boasts numerous specialty shops that match those passions and others.
Enjoy Richmond’s Natural Beauty
Richmond offers lots ways to discover its natural beauty and get outside. One of those is Maymont, a 100-acre Victorian country estate. Once inhabited by James Henry and Sallie May Dooley, a married couple, this attraction is now a popular visitor destination with a nature centre, children's farm and painstakingly maintained, lush, sprawling gardens. The mansion on the estate was finished in 1893, and its occupants spent the next three decades filling it with opulent possessions. Historians consider Maymont a well-preserved example of a Gilded Age residence, and you could easily spend the day there by exploring the home and associated outdoor activities. Also, go hiking or biking along the Virginia Capital Trail. It's a paved route that meanders across more than 52 miles and into four jurisdictions. There are several open sections of the trail, including one that snakes its way around Richmond's gorgeous riverfront area. Also, if visiting during the winter, check out Stony Point Fashion Park's outdoor ice rink. It's beloved by kids and adults alike.
Price rangefrom $44to $312
- Hotel Regency Inn Richmonddeals from $45
- Hotel Quality Inn West Enddeals from $56
- Hotel Residence Inn Richmond West Enddeals from $103
- Hotel QualityHotel Centraldeals from $49
- Hotel Hotel Omni Richmonddeals from $148
- Hotel Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Short Pump/I-64deals from $103
More Top Hotels
- Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond Glenside
- Cozy Bungalow Downtown Richmond
- Best Western Executive
- Baymont Inn And Suites Richmond
- Best Western Premier Richmond City Gateway
- Diamond Inn & Suites
- Rosewood Haven At Park Sleeps 9 and Pet Freindly
- Extended StayAmerica Richmond - I 64 - West Broad Street Richmond
- Econo Lodge Richmond Coliseum
- Suburban Extended Stay Hotel North West Richmond
- SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest
- Hotel Sleep Inn Richmond
- Graduate Richmond
- Hyatt Place Richmond-Arboretum
- The Jefferson Hotel
- Super 8 Motel Richmond-Chamberlayne Road
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Richmond West at I-64, VA
- M/V Giamaria
- Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump
- Hotel Quality Inn North
- Enjoy Breezes On The James River, 2bdrm-1bath / 15 Minutes To Downtown Richmond
- Hyatt Place Richmond Airport
- An Unforgettable Stay On One Of Americas Safest And Most Beautiful Yachts
- Extended Stay America - Richmond - W Broad Street - Glenside - North
- Hotel Four Points by Sheraton Richmond
- Rodeway Inn North Chesterfield - Richmond
- Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area
- Hi Richmond Hostel
- Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Richmond I-95 South, VA
- Courtyard Richmond Downtown
- Residence Inn Richmond Northwest/Short Pump
- Super 8 Motel Richmond-Midlothian Turnpike
- Airport Inn Motel Richmond
- Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond - Downtown
- Hotel Richmond Marriott
- Candlewood Suites Richmond Airport
- Hotel Best Western Plus Governor's Inn
- La Quinta Inn Richmond South
- Step Back Into The Mid 19Th Century! Enjoy An Idyllic Virginia Country Retreat.
- Historic Richmond Rentals 2 Br Gem
- Luxurious Cottage Retreat Convenient To Williamsburg, Yorktown And Richmond.
- Only 2 Weeks Left- Now Discounted 15% !
- Hotels in Virginia Beach 3160 Hotels deals from $33
- Hotels in Williamsburg 742 Hotels deals from $32
- Hotels in Glen Allen 75 Hotels deals from $49
- Hotels in New York 15785 Hotels deals from $42
- Hotels in Washington D.C. 4297 Hotels deals from $29
- Hotels in Sandston 40 Hotels deals from $46
More Top Destinations
- Ocean City
- Myrtle Beach
- Atlantic City
- Newport News
- Colonial Heights
- Las Vegas
- Pigeon Forge
- Ruther Glen